Times Time Cock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcukcov

Duzza said:
Everythings fine BG because CL states that we will continue to do the same things (that has resulted in us being 2nd bottom btw) and things will miraculously change for us.

Dont panic!! He has it covered!!!
he is very corporal jones esque in his approach to things.

Boy Genius

Banned
fcukcov said:
he is very corporal jones esque in his approach to things.

PANIC....PANIC........DONT PANIC MR CAHILL DONT PANICCCC!!

fcukcov

Boy Genius said:
PANIC....PANIC........DONT PANIC MR CAHILL DONT PANICCCC!!
Why would Tim Cahill panic? everton won today.....

Steven

Duzza said:
Steven, we are fecked -down, relegated, gone. It's already happened, I feel a little refreshed this evening having accepted that fact.

I accepted that fact some two weeks ago when it struck me that the Board have already planned for that contingency. :icon_bigg :icon_wink ;) Now given that fact I would rather keep CL in the hope that somehow we manage to survive. :icon_wink ;)

drew

Do you think he can get us promoted if he takes us down? I seriously doubt he can. In this case getting rid of him in the summer will probably still cost us money, i say cut our losses and bring an interim manager in, be it from internally or externally.

Redditch Fox

highland fox said:
I'm not 'enjoying myself' I've supported this Club for 30 years and just because I don't want CL sacked doesn't mean I can't see there is a problem and I don't care.It seems you are not allowed an opinion by some on here unless it agrees with the 'Majority'.I may well be wrong and if I am I will hold my hands up and admit it but I don't believe we will go down,if we do then I fully agree CL should be dismissed.If we aren't relegated are you and your ilk also going to hold their hands and admit you got it wrong,seeing as you are all so convinced that we are down already.I'm sorry I don't agree with you but if it would make it any simpler I will just go along with the majority and shout 'Sack the Jocko Twat' 'Send him back up there to Jockland'...there that better.Incidentally Who would you like to see in charge? I am genuinely interested.

First of all, I am not going to "hold my hands up if we aren't relegated". I have repeatedly said that CL has sufficient playing strength available to be able to comfortably avoid relegation. If we are relegated it will be solely down to sheer bad football management by him and the lack of stewardship of the board in letting him carry on. If we aren't relegated he still should go because he is not good enough to manage Leicester City. End of that story.

On the question of a successor, we have now reached the point of the ludicrous. For the first time in my experience of the club....and my support goes back much longer than yours ( I regret to say), we have a position where the main reason for retaining a deadbeat manager is that we can't think of a replacement! People like you and there is nothing personal here, are more or less saying that its the supporters responsibility to think of a replacement! It isn't, it's the board's responsibility....if we had a proper board.

However, as I have said before, the first thing to do is to get rid of Levein who is part of the problem not part of the solution. Then, I would suggest a holding situation. Just as an example, It would not have been a bad idea to try to have appealed to the ego of Sir Bobby and ask him to act as consultant for 6 months and having oversight of the coaching staff whilst the club avoided relegation and then acting as advisor on the selection of a new manager. I would have thought simply doing that would have greatly improved matters.

Ox Fox

Redditch Fox said:
First of all, I am not going to "hold my hands up if we aren't relegated". I have repeatedly said that CL has sufficient playing strength available to be able to comfortably avoid relegation. If we are relegated it will be solely down to sheer bad football management by him and the lack of stewardship of the board in letting him carry on. If we aren't relegated he still should go because he is not good enough to manage Leicester City. End of that story.

On the question of a successor, we have now reached the point of the ludicrous. For the first time in my experience of the club....and my support goes back much longer than yours ( I regret to say), we have a position where the main reason for retaining a deadbeat manager is that we can't think of a replacement! People like you and there is nothing personal here, are more or less saying that its the supporters responsibility to think of a replacement! It isn't, it's the board's responsibility....if we had a proper board.

However, as I have said before, the first thing to do is to get rid of Levein who is part of the problem not part of the solution. Then, I would suggest a holding situation. Just as an example, It would not have been a bad idea to try to have appealed to the ego of Sir Bobby and ask him to act as consultant for 6 months and having oversight of the coaching staff whilst the club avoided relegation and then acting as advisor on the selection of a new manager. I would have thought simply doing that would have greatly improved matters.

After hearing Levein's interview after the match on the way back yesterday, I have to agree. CL still seems to believe we are only losing because of bad luck which I found absolutely staggering. There just seems to be a massive 'head on the sand' mentality at LCFC at the moment. It somehow all boils down to the argument that if he's given enough time everything will come together and all will be rosey.

I was also amazed by his excuse yesterday that the team is full of youngsters who are still learning, it's his team now and surely anyone could see that we need one or two 'old heads' to help keep the younger squad members on track during a game.

Also we are sadly lacking in agression, I'm not talking about the Tiatto bull in a china shop approach, more the determination and bravery to win a 50/50 ball. The only players showing anything like the attitude we need to get out of this mess were McCarthy (MOM in my opinion) and James Wesolowski.

Real Sharapova

highland fox said:
To be fair I'm not the only one who doesn't want him sacked.....or at least I wasn't before today:icon_sad:
I am in the not sacking camp, although I'd like to know what they put in the half-time tea, as the passion we were finally showing after the equaliser just went out of the window. I think it is time for some of the players to hold their hands up and say " I'm not playing as well as I can ". Some will say it's down to the manager to gee the players up - fair enough, but the players should shoulder their fair share of responsibilty too.

mitcho_uk

CL needs to decide on HIS best team pronto and stick with it. I felt quite sorry for Kisnorbo yesterday when the crowd cheered his substitution. Dont get me wrong I was screaming for CL to take him off and replace him with Weso but Kisnorbo is only doing his job, albeit not to the standard required or expected. CL signed him because he thought he was good enough to do the job. Its not Kisnorbos fault hes crap and I believe that anyone of us who was offered a couple of grand a week to kick a ball about would take it. Perhaps Kisnorbo knows hes crap but hes laughing all the way to the bank and you cant blame him for that.

If you look at the players we have got it is hard to understand why CL cant decide on his best team. I believe the team below, if left alone for a few games could become a strong force in this division be it this season or next if we can retain the services of Smith (which I doubt, though now that Walcock has joined Arsenal it may be a possibility of a further seasons loan).

Douglas/Henderson - To be honest I dont think either are good enough but as we have no other option but Logan, then ill let CL choose.

Stearman Paddy Mc Gerrbrand Sheehan

Sheehan as hes the only naturally left footed player we have aside from Tiatto.

Hume/Hammond Weso Williams Smith

I have left joey out as hes not here next season

Fryatt/Hume O'Grady

O'Grady - Give the boy a chance cant be any worse than MDV

So 4-4-2

Douglas/Henderson

Stearman Paddy Gerrbrand Sheehan

Fryatt/Hume O'Grady

3-5-2 I would go for:

Douglas/Henderson

Stearman Paddy Gerrbrand

Williams

Hume/Hammond Weso Hughes Smith

Fryatt/Hume O'Grady

I would play Williams in a free floating role as his distribution and vision can be top class (at times) and can only get better as his confidence grows and hes played in his preffered position. Weso is more of a defensive midfielder so can track back and cover the defence. This would give us pace on the flanks, pace up front and a fairly solid back line.

I await your criticism lol

Mike - True Blue Tinter

I am very happy to run my flag up Highland's pole here!

I do not understand the mentality 'if things are not going right sack the manager', whether it is after 3 defeats or 23 defeats. That only makes sense if you are certain it is the manager's fault, not just looking for a scapegoat. Crimes such as negligence/failure to buy players, (on however small a budget that can play), failure to motivate team to want to play, consistent poor team selection or strategy. Difficult to prove the last two as we all have our different views of what constitutes our best team.

Tim Davies and the Board were very clear before appointing Levein that their priorities were:
Secure the financial future/existence of the club; i.e. work within a budget.

Bring in a manager who would build a team for the future - younger players on 3/4 year contracts and bring through Academy players; i.e. no more 37 year olds looking for a pension pay out.
I do not remember Tim ever saying that our first priority was promotion/play offs/staying up, but that the right manager who could work with very limited resources could rebuild our team to be a force in the future.

To that end, the strategy appears to be working. What we now have is a youngish, inexperienced at this or a higher level, team that appears to be doing their best most of the time but lack the experience to achieve consistent results in a league that often appears to be more about 'muscle' than skill.
Yesterday was a classic. The biggest difference between the teams was about 3 inches in height and a stone in weight per player. We were too often literally muscled off the ball. Our youngsters are not built like Wayne Rooney!
Would a different manager, that could/would want to come here, with the same squad suddenly start winning games we are losing? I honestly do not know. I do know that the Club can almost certainly not afford to change the manager and many/most of the squad.
Have F**est benefited from changing their manager many times in the last few years?
Did Man City fans try to get rid of their Board and/or Managers when they were relegated to Division Three? No, they just turned up to matches, 35000 at a time, and cheered their team, as it was rebuilt, all the way back to the Premiership.
Maybe Levein should have been able to 'gel' this new squad more quickly, or motivate them more, or pick a better team against certain clubs.
I am certain that the long term future of the club is moving in the right direction, and so I am prepared to take a long term view of the changes, as devastating as relegation, if it were to happen, would be.

Yesterday the team played well, not brilliantly, but well. MDV was immense, controlled the balls to him down on to the ground, held the ball up and then forced his way round the defenders for a shot or pass. Wrong result, some passes went astray, maybe substitutions were 10 minutes too late, but I stood and clapped the team off. Everyone around me at half-time thought we could/should win even against a bigger/stronger team such as Cardiff.

So Highland, I will be starting the 'Levein stay' chant at the next home match!

Ox Fox

Mike - True Blue Tinter said:
Tim Davies and the Board were very clear before appointing Levein that their priorities were:
Secure the financial future/existence of the club; i.e. work within a budget.

I do not remember Tim ever saying that our first priority was promotion/play offs/staying up​

I would have thought the first point was inextricably linked to the bit about staying up in the second point shown.

Levein has without doubt improved the squad, what he hasn't got right is the balance, either with having the right players in the right position or youth versus experience.

You mention Man City fans sticking by their team, I seem to remember mass demonstrations there with hundreds of people throwing their season tickets and/or their shirts on the pitch.

What I think has been overlooked is the huge pride Leicester fans have in saying that we've never been below the top two divisions since 1884. It was one of the things that made us a little bit special.​

highland fox

According to the Press up here today he will be sacked if we lose on tuesday so you can start betting the balloons and bunting out.

Mattmeister

Well said Mike.

These were very much the sentiments I was struggling to get across last night.

I think the Man City reference is spot on. After the games, I'm fed up of hearing people saying "I'm not wasting my money on that lot", "I've got better things to do on a Saturday", etc, etc...

I for one will not be deserting this team, whatever division we are playing next season.

highland fox

Redditch Fox said:

I was asking Who you would like to see as Manager,I know its not the Supporters responsibilty I just though you might have an opinion a name to put forward,someone you think would do a good job..I thought it was a simple enough question.Who is in this 'Coaching staff' that Robson is overseeeng?

TommyK

Your right the team is too small for this league. And the blame for that has to lie with the manager. You can look at most of the signing CL has made and say 'i can see why you signed him' But quiet frankly he's not signed the right players for this league.

I've been a supporter of CL, but now feel his position is becoming more and more untennable. I think it was quiet obvious during the transfer window that we needed a player who knows this league and is in his prime - not another player with potential - however good he is!

newtonfox

mitcho_uk said:
CL needs to decide on HIS best team pronto and stick with it. I felt quite sorry for Kisnorbo yesterday when the crowd cheered his substitution. Dont get me wrong I was screaming for CL to take him off and replace him with Weso but Kisnorbo is only doing his job, albeit not to the standard required or expected. CL signed him because he thought he was good enough to do the job. Its not Kisnorbos fault hes crap and I believe that anyone of us who was offered a couple of grand a week to kick a ball about would take it. Perhaps Kisnorbo knows hes crap but hes laughing all the way to the bank and you cant blame him for that.

If you look at the players we have got it is hard to understand why CL cant decide on his best team. I believe the team below, if left alone for a few games could become a strong force in this division be it this season or next if we can retain the services of Smith (which I doubt, though now that Walcock has joined Arsenal it may be a possibility of a further seasons loan).

Douglas/Henderson - To be honest I dont think either are good enough but as we have no other option but Logan, then ill let CL choose.

Stearman Paddy Mc Gerrbrand Sheehan

Sheehan as hes the only naturally left footed player we have aside from Tiatto.

I have left joey out as hes not here next season

Fryatt/Hume O'Grady

O'Grady - Give the boy a chance cant be any worse than MDV

So 4-4-2

Douglas/Henderson

Stearman Paddy Gerrbrand Sheehan

Fryatt/Hume O'Grady

3-5-2 I would go for:

Douglas/Henderson

Stearman Paddy Gerrbrand

Williams

Hume/Hammond Weso Hughes Smith

Fryatt/Hume O'Grady

I would play Williams in a free floating role as his distribution and vision can be top class (at times) and can only get better as his confidence grows and hes played in his preffered position. Weso is more of a defensive midfielder so can track back and cover the defence. This would give us pace on the flanks, pace up front and a fairly solid back line.

I await your criticism lol

bloody hell i wish he did do his job we mite of been where we are now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673