Times Time Cock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PFKAKTF FOX said:
You may be right, and as you say none of us really know the ins and outs, however I am basing my opinions on the fact that contracts are usually written with all possible outcomes / scenarios covered, regardless of probabability, therefore IMO there will be references and possible clauses to cover relegation, it is just that neither the club nor the player / agent when agreeing the contract would have anticipated it having to be invoked.
so we will agree to disagree and hope we dont have to find out what the answer is!;) :icon_lol:

When they draw contracts up it is usually overseen by several parties to make sure every eventuality is covered, some clauses may seem laughable but sometimes the laughable things happen.....

Given F****t last season, and Man City Sunderland etc over the years, something like this would be in the contracts

Last edited:
I have respect for highland's opinion, he prefers the higher risk of keeping levien but if it pays off we have achieved managerial stability and dont have the cost of paying him off.

My own opinion is that we have a greater chance of avoiding relegation if we change manager, the best cheap option in my view is basset on this I am outvoted I already know, their are numerous better options but they would cost more money which I think the club hasnt got. I would accept reid and mccalister if that option was taken up.

The thing is the arguments for getting rid of craig is based on facts/stats/historical events. the argument for keeping craig is based on the belief of a miracle happening and he changes form overnight and of course financial.

The contiguency plan which keeps been brought up now must involve selling a number of players, even if their wages are reduced they wont be reduced sufficently to cover reduced gate's less tv revenue, possible less cup revenue, maintaining our debt repayments which I expect are the same league one as the championship only reduced if not in premiership, less advertising revenue, reduced shirt sales, reduced corp revenue the list goes on.

Ultimately I just want us to stay up.

highland fox said:
I was asking Who you would like to see as Manager,I know its not the Supporters responsibilty I just though you might have an opinion a name to put forward,someone you think would do a good job..I thought it was a simple enough question.Who is in this 'Coaching staff' that Robson is overseeeng?

Since your mate, CL, has spent all the money on a new player, that otherwise could have been spent on getting rid of him, we are in difficulty.

Look Highland, I think its time to get rid of a crap manager who even now is telling the world that we are in a false position and really quite a good side- after nearly 30 games, in a false position!!!

Getting rid of Levein is part of the solution. So I'm inclined to say to you "Anyone but Levein". However, to be be more reflective, I think we are stuck with the people already on the pay roll and that includes Dion Dublin - who is not remotely ready to be a manager - but if there was a guru in the consultancy role - we would be likely to do better than we are doing.

Redditch Fox said:
Since your mate, CL, has spent all the money on a new player, that otherwise could have been spent on getting rid of him, we are in difficulty.

I Don't think that is the case. CL at one point was hoping to get maybe three players, one being a proven striker at this level, Fryatt didn't cost any more than you would expect for a proven striker. (less IMO) I Take this as evidence that his budget was reduced. The Board may be keeping the money to pay him off if things don't improve, or to make up toward possible relegation. The club will have a hard choice where the money goes, but i think some is available.

Feriol said:
I Don't think that is the case. CL at one point was hoping to get maybe three players, one being a proven striker at this level, Fryatt didn't cost any more than you would expect for a proven striker. (less IMO) I Take this as evidence that his budget was reduced. The Board may be keeping the money to pay him off if things don't improve, or to make up toward possible relegation. The club will have a hard choice where the money goes, but i think some is available.

Levein is quoted as saying he has to ship people out before he can bring anyone in.

Maybe we don't have to pay him off. Maybe we keep the dummy and get someone along side him to tell him what to do, some one that knows what they are doing though so not Harry please.

foxtale soup said:
Maybe we don't have to pay him off. Maybe we keep the dummy and get someone along side him to tell him what to do, some one that knows what they are doing though so not Harry please.

Welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670