Times Time Cock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mattmeister said:
Well said Mike.

These were very much the sentiments I was struggling to get across last night.

I think the Man City reference is spot on. After the games, I'm fed up of hearing people saying "I'm not wasting my money on that lot", "I've got better things to do on a Saturday", etc, etc...

I for one will not be deserting this team, whatever division we are playing next season.

A true fan - well done to you Mattmeister

Ox Fox said:
I would have thought the first point was inextricably linked to the bit about staying up in the second point shown.

Levein has without doubt improved the squad, what he hasn't got right is the balance, either with having the right players in the right position or youth versus experience.

You mention Man City fans sticking by their team, I seem to remember mass demonstrations there with hundreds of people throwing their season tickets and/or their shirts on the pitch.

What I think has been overlooked is the huge pride Leicester fans have in saying that we've never been below the top two divisions since 1884. It was one of the things that made us a little bit special.
tend to agree with this how can anyone say the financial future of the club can be secured by us beign relegated to the thrid tier of english football?

Your financial future is secure if you stay in business!

In Division 3 you have smaller gates/lower prices/smaller budget and you try and grow and get better.

If you say 'Feck it!', let's blow £3 million we haven't got on getting in Sir Bobby Robson/Dennis Wise/Mickey Mouse and their 'players who can do a job to keep us in this league', or whoever else you think can work the miracle, and then they blow it, you still go down to Division 3 and then out of business. End of club.

Do you really want Tim Davies and the Board to gamble with the future existence of our Club?

Mike - True Blue Tinter said:
Your financial future is secure if you stay in business!

In Division 3 you have smaller gates/lower prices/smaller budget and you try and grow and get better.

If you say 'Feck it!', let's blow £3 million we haven't got on getting in Sir Bobby Robson/Dennis Wise/Mickey Mouse and their 'players who can do a job to keep us in this league', or whoever else you think can work the miracle, and then they blow it, you still go down to Division 3 and then out of business. End of club.

Do you really want Tim Davies and the Board to gamble with the future existence of our Club?

Smaller gates mean reduced revenue for the club, the club are unlikely to really drop the ticket prices that much so lower prices isnt really an option. Why would we suddenly have a smaller budget? The club, ground, facilities still have to be payed for, the only way to reduce it is if we sell the players that we are supposedly using to build for the future and bang there goes the building for the future out of the window and we are back to square one.

I ma not saying an expensive manager is the way to go but it is clearly not working with cl and I honestly dont know who can sort this out, other than jesus coming in and performing a miracle.

Last edited:
Going down doesn't necessarily involve selling the players.

We were one of the first clubs to instigate 'divisional' contracts, i.e. if/when we were relegated from the Premiership to the Championship, players wages automatically were cut.

I assume we still have similar contracts for dropping another division, which is why I asume the players do not want to be relegated!

I also assume Levein's contract has similar clauses.

Maybe someone can shed light on this point. Mad Biker, Webbo, Foxes Trust?

Going down doesn't necessarily involve selling the players.

We were one of the first clubs to instigate 'divisional' contracts, i.e. if/when we were relegated from the Premiership to the Championship, players wages automatically were cut.

I assume we still have similar contracts for dropping another division, which is why I asume the players do not want to be relegated!

I also assume Levein's contract has similar clauses.

Maybe someone can shed light on this point. Mad Biker, Webbo, Foxes Trust?
I doubt very much if the club forsaw us being relegated from this league at the start of the season, whilst it would have been a high probability of us being relegated from the premier league I just dont think they would have thought like that. Pretty sure it has been mentioned somewhere else on here that this is the case.The idea of stepped contracts is excellent, but I just dont think its happened here.

Even if our wage bill goes down, any player that has shown any pottential, and attracts any interest will want to leave.

When most of the players signed they talked about the premiership, maybe not this season but that was their ambitions. will they be happy in league 1?

Regardless of our finances i think we would say goodbye to McCarthy, Gerrbrand, Hughes and Hume

Probably Fryatt as well. And Stearman will likely attract interest. Johanssons experience would probably ge him a club as well.

What we would have left doesn't fill me with confidence for a quick return.

Feriol said:
Even if our wage bill goes down, any player that has shown any pottential, and attracts any interest will want to leave.

As Micky and T****r have proved, they'll all join CL at whatever club he's managing next season :icon_cool

Feriol said:

When most of the players signed they talked about the premiership, maybe not this season but that was their ambitions. will they be happy in league 1?

Regardless of our finances i think we would say goodbye to McCarthy, Gerrbrand, Hughes and Hume

Probably Fryatt as well. And Stearman will likely attract interest. Johanssons experience would probably ge him a club as well.

What we would have left doesn't fill me with confidence for a quick return.
now i feel really depressed :icon_cry:

Looking on the other side of the coin, I'm sure alot of players will have a 'if we are relegated, I can leave' clause. So we'll lose just about everyone anyway.....

Complete tearing up of the playing staff again should we go down, years of 'rebuilding' again.

Leveins postition is untenable.

MKFox said:
Looking on the other side of the coin, I'm sure alot of players will have a 'if we are relegated, I can leave' clause. So we'll lose just about everyone anyway.....

i wonder which players have this clause if any

MKFox said:

That will be the bargaining position, no player will agree to reduced wages following relegation unless there is a clause there to his benefit as well, was that not the reason for all the relegation clauses under Adams, and I cant imagine too much will have changed bearing in mind our financial position.

Did anyone forsee it though when most of the players signed??? I mean it was a no brainer in the Prem but would anyone have asked for a clause this time around?? I doubt it.

Last edited:
Duzza said:
Did anyone forsee it though when most of the players signed??? I mean it was a no brainer in the Prem but would anyone have asked for a clause this time around?? I doubt it.

You would be surprised, remember it is the Agents who carry out the negotiations on the behalf of the players and I would imagine that they would have all bases covered.

Duzza said:
I said the exact same thing about 6 hours ago duzza, cant see that any of these players have that clause in their contracts.

fcukcov said:
I said the exact same thing about 6 hours ago duzza, cant see that any of these players have that clause in their contracts.

How can any of these players be on reduced wages dependent on division then ? IMO the club will have instigated the conversation by introducing the performance related wage structure. This will then have been the agents opportunity to insert a relegation release clause, the truth is that both parties at the time would have included every possible scenario within the contract, what wouldnt have been anticipated at the time, by either party, would be the fact that the club would be in it's current position.

Last edited:
PFKAKTF FOX said:
How can any of these players be on reduced wages dependent on division then ? IMO the club will have instigated the conversation by introducing the performance related wage structure. This will then have been the agents opportunity to insert a relegation release clause, the truth is that both parties at the time would have included every possible scenario within the contract, what wouldnt have been foreseen at the time is the relevance of that clause.
Im sorry but I dont agree , i think;), neither of us really know but I dont believe that any of our current squad have a relegation wage drop clause from this league to league one, I just dont and that is my opinion only. The only thing Im really basing it on is the general attitude at the club that we are too big to go down, that attitude would have been there when the contracts were agreed and I dont believe they would have included it.

fcukcov said:
Im sorry but I dont agree , i think;), neither of us really know but I dont believe that any of our current squad have a relegation wage drop clause from this league to league one, I just dont and that is my opinion only. The only thing Im really basing it on is the general attitude at the club that we are too big to go down, that attitude would have been there when the contracts were agreed and I dont believe they would have included it.

You may be right, and as you say none of us really know the ins and outs, however I am basing my opinions on the fact that contracts are usually written with all possible outcomes / scenarios covered, regardless of probabability, therefore IMO there will be references and possible clauses to cover relegation, it is just that neither the club nor the player / agent when agreeing the contract would have anticipated it having to be invoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669