Toon and Fulham trail Kisnorbo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RK talked about no longer having 'square pegs in round holes' when he took over after CL was sacked. However he is no longer working to his own theories which is half the problem IMO

But when all the pegs are square he has little choice

Personally our non-existant midfield is proving that his coaching abilities might well be open to question as well as match tactics, Johnson's subsequent performances on the pitch and the rotation of players in this area who are not performing shows this, I know we had'nt any money
which makes it all the harder,but in these situations it shows that a manager must get his signings spot on,or take a risk assessment before plunging in, or stick with what you have.

He's in good company. Several people on here were advocating signing AJ during the summer.

He's in good company. Several people on here were advocating signing AJ during the summer.

Me included, sadly he hasnt worked out and they may as well do a deal with him or tyr and ship him out to another club. I thought he would be the defensive midfielder we need, but he assists our midfield in becoming totally anonymous.

I think last season's turnaround was enough proof he was a good coach. He didnt have to make any big decision in regards to the selling and buying of players, he didnt have to motivate them as such (it was survival or bust for many players at one stage).

Thats what I would regard a manager's job IMO and this year he's failed to do it. His player judgement has been rubbish, I said earlier in the season it wasnt bad but in respective, I don't rate a single player he's brought in highly to be good enough for a promotion winning team and it often seems that the team is not a unit. He has not done the correct things to correct attitude or effort, probably because of the difficult of changing from a pally assistant to a hard-nosed manager. IE. A nice man but not the right manager.

Generally agree.

But - to be not very generous to RK again - I also feel that his initial success was also partly due to the overall relief and uplift because Levein had gone.

I know we have to pretend not to be very demanding these days because of those who tell us that we are lucky to have some blokes that can run onto a football pitch and have some grass to kick a ball around on.....but IMO RK is patently not right to manage a club with what i think is the stature of Leicester City.

Generally agree.

But - to be not very generous to RK again - I also feel that his initial success was also partly due to the overall relief and uplift because Levein had gone.

I see it has a history essay question - What was the main factor in Leicester City staying up and having a good run after the sacking of Levein?

There is many factors
a) RK done a good job
b) Levein left his iron-fist approach wasnt for us
c) Dublin left - undermining factor
d) Players realised their value to outside buyers would decrease and most of them didnt want to visit Huish Park or Sixfields.
e) Fryatt came, we needed a goalscorer.

I see it has a history essay question - What was the main factor in Leicester City staying up and having a good run after the sacking of Levein?

There is many factors
a) RK done a good job
b) Levein left his iron-fist approach wasnt for us
c) Dublin left - undermining factor
d) Players realised their value to outside buyers would decrease and most of them didnt want to visit Huish Park or Sixfields.
e) Fryatt came, we needed a goalscorer.

A with a mix of c,e & b.

I never understand why Rk didnt say something to CL about how crap he was. After all he was assistant Manager- and clearly had better ideas than CL.

A with a mix of c,e & b.

I never understand why Rk didnt say something to CL about how crap he was. After all he was assistant Manager- and clearly had better ideas than CL.

Not sure, Fox Fan, that the culture of prof football is for an assistant boss to break that sort of news to the manager.

As I recall - RK wasn't actually picked by CL - wasn't he a nominee of the board?

So I guess that the smart move for him was to keep his mouth shut....anyway he can rightly take credit for saving us from relegation, anyone in his position would do that.

But he still isn't in my opinion the right man for the job now.

But he still isn't in my opinion the right man for the job now.

I think that's the general consensus on most City fans. He's a nice guy, did a good last year, so it was hard to sack him as a manager. All other options had gone, Cotterill signed a contract, Newell was made reassurances and Davies was on his way to Derby. The board knew RK was a cheaper option. The fans at the moment are supporting RK as overall hes doing reasonably well but hes not the man to take us up the division.

I suspect that his low key profile will cost him his job. If we have money to spend then imo be it right or wrong it will probaly take a ' named ' manager to attract any decent quality players here

Kisnorbo is a class act who proved he can cut it in the prem with his performance against villa. He is also a massive goal threat from set pieces and we should not accept any less than 4 million for him, which should go straight into MM's january transfer kitty??

£4 million? In the current transfer market, for a guy with less than a year's worth of decent Championship performances?

We should be happy with a million+

£4 million? In the current transfer market, for a guy with less than a year's worth of decent Championship performances?

We should be happy with a million+

Why on earth would I or any City fan be 'happy' with losing an international footballer for a million? I'd be extremely unhappy - this would represent a huge back-step, not re-build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669