Toon and Fulham trail Kisnorbo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He still kept Angel and Baros quiet for most of the game! Were any of the goals his fault?

He deserved his criticism last season but has been our best player along with Hume this season.

Except when Angel scored the first! :icon_roll Im not doubting he has been one of our best players this season but he isnt good enough for the Prem (IMO)

Either way I hope he dosen't leave whatever the price! We should not be a selling club now under MM as there will be no immediate debts to pay and plenty of funds already avaliable for transfers.

I think you are being a bit unfair. IMO he always tries his heart out and is definately someone I would like our defence built around - the number of last second interceptions he made at QPR were enough to convince me of that. Also, if Kisnorbo and/or his agent were agitating for a move, how come he signed a new contract in the Summer?

Perhaps I am being a little unfair- nothing at all unusual about that!!

However, there is a custom on this forum for people to have quite unrealistic notions about the value of some of our better players....and Kisnorbo is one of those. Can I remind you of the speculation on this forum a few months ago that Fryatt was about to be snatched from our cradle and transported to the dizzy heights of the premiership on the back of a monster transfer fee.

As to your second point - I would have thought that it was absolutely blantant that Kisnorbo and/ or his agent were agitating after a move last Summer.....and the reason he didn't go is that no one from the premiership followed it through - so as many of us predicted he fell back on plan B, which was to obtain a better deal at the Walkers.

Decent centre midfielder for £1m, what planet are you on!

Selling PK would imo be a backward step unless he went for a truely stupid price, £6m minimum with a guarantee that it all went into new players.

Think you've miss understood mate - i rate the bloke very highly, but sometimes in the cash tight world of LCFC difficult decisions need to be made. At this moment we are so devoid of creativity (class) in midfield i would reluctantly say good bye to Paddy K if it meant we could bring in a bit of class in the middle of the park. 1 Million is a lot of cash these days in the lower leagues so yes i reckon there is someone out there for that money. MON never spent over a million on any of his class midfielders.

So let be clear again. I would love to keep PK but every man has his price (particularly in these tight times).

Oh and just in case it's not obvious i am not taking for granted that MM (if he comes) will immediatly spank 5 million in to Robs transfer kitty. Therefore we may still need to generate our own transfer funds.

But surely if this deal goes ahead we will not have to rely on selling our best players to keep afloat, as we did with connolly? Therefore accepting a 1 million bid for a player we could eaisly keep is bad business sense.

MM has said he wants us to get promoted, it may not be 5million but I would still expect a significant amount to be spent in january.

I agree that we are in desperate need of midfielders but the sale of PK will also mean the need to get another good CB as cover, with the amount of suspensions Paddy Mac is collecting we cannot afford to let kenton/stearman take his place!

RK is not in the same league as MON as far as spotting talent goes, and prices have gone up. With MM our club has ambition, and that means taking risks and keeping hold of the players who will take us forwards.

I know what your saying Joe501 but i'm a bit of a pragmatist and will beleive the MM takeover and new swelling transfer kitty when i see it actually happen. If MM comes in and offers up cash for the Jan transferwindow then i completely agree that PK should be kept at all costs.

However, Milan is a shrewed business man and im not so sure he will throw loads at it straight away - hope i'm wrong though.

Kisnorbo can be another Elliott or Taggart they werent good enough for the prem either, but played 100% every game and that it is all about!

Can we stop comparing players to our past glories and players The current crop is dirge and they are only just good enough for the Championship.

Sometimes we are highly prone to wearing 'rose-tinted' specs, this team may have potential but its not very good in the current state, for starters there is no effort from some of them. Look at the likes of Preston and Cardiff, they have picked up players from the same pool as us Premiership knock-offs and the lights of the lower leagues and they are at the top, not because the players are much better but because of attitude and effort.

Can we stop comparing players to our past glories and players The current crop is dirge and they are only just good enough for the Championship.

Fully agree. Might say the same about the manager, actually........

Except when Angel scored the first! :icon_roll Im not doubting he has been one of our best players this season but he isnt good enough for the Prem (IMO)

When Villa scored against Chelski did that make John Terry not good enough for the Prem?

this is utter trite.

From what I have seen PK is as exciting CB as I have seen at the club in a while!

When Villa scored against Chelski did that make John Terry not good enough for the Prem?

this is utter trite.

From what I have seen PK is as exciting CB as I have seen at the club in a while!

Kisnorbo was constantly turned and the wrong side of the Villa strikeforce. He was too slow for them aswell. He was very average in that match.

joleen lescott was sold for £5m to Everton who is no better than Kisnorbo therefor we should hold out for a price in the region of this espeicially if there is a number of clubs after him AND Mandaric takeover goes through.

He's a very good coach IMO...nothing more or less.
We keep saying this about RK, but where is the actual proof? Looking at the fitness levels and the tactical ability of the current crop, I'd say he is the worse coach I've ever seen. Having said that, I'm basing my opinion on the facts I have in front of me. The current players may be the worst ever in the history of football and RK is getting the best out of them.

Either way, it's either Manager, Coach or the bullet for him, because at least one department isn't working properly

Kisnorbo was constantly turned and the wrong side of the Villa strikeforce. He was too slow for them aswell. He was very average in that match.

In fairness I wasn't at that game so didn't see, however he'll not be the only good defender who will find it hard marking Villa this season and to songle this out as a reason why he may not be good enough I think is a bit harsh. Against QPR recently he was a man-mountain, absolutely awesome.

this is utter trite.

Not much competition, really

Heath, Gerrbrand, Laursen, Dublin, Dabizas, Keown, Howey, Scimeca, Sinclair...........

We keep saying this about RK, but where is the actual proof? Looking at the fitness levels and the tactical ability of the current crop, I'd say he is the worse coach I've ever seen. Having said that, I'm basing my opinion on the facts I have in front of me. The current players may be the worst ever in the history of football and RK is getting the best out of them.

Either way, it's either Manager, Coach or the bullet for him, because at least one department isn't working properly

I think last season's turnaround was enough proof he was a good coach. He didnt have to make any big decision in regards to the selling and buying of players, he didnt have to motivate them as such (it was survival or bust for many players at one stage).

Thats what I would regard a manager's job IMO and this year he's failed to do it. His player judgement has been rubbish, I said earlier in the season it wasnt bad but in respective, I don't rate a single player he's brought in highly to be good enough for a promotion winning team and it often seems that the team is not a unit. He has not done the correct things to correct attitude or effort, probably because of the difficult of changing from a pally assistant to a hard-nosed manager. IE. A nice man but not the right manager.

I think last season's turnaround was enough proof he was a good coach.
I didn't, and still don't buy into buy into the opinion that RK saved us last year. The board saved us, CL was having a negative impact on the players, once that was removed it made all the difference. I believe we could have gone Managerless until the end of last season still achieved that superb run of form.

I didn't, and still don't buy into buy into the opinion that RK saved us last year. The board saved us, CL was having a negative impact on the players, once that was removed it made all the difference. I believe we could have gone Managerless until the end of last season still achieved that superb run of form.

I agree with that but it still took his coaching skills to man the team. Player selection etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566