Post Match Tottenham 3 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the problem is our setup and tactics played right into Jose’s wheelhouse.

if that side we put out had played against the 2016 team they would have been absolutely torn asunder.

I’ve said it a lot the last few years, but we’ve turned into everything we used to exploit in others.

When a ****ed up dinosaur like Mourinho with his gang of perpetual bottle merchants can turn up and exploit our weaknesses, then there is really no hope

Well I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t play a back three of Phil Thompson, Alan Hansen and Ron Yeats FFS
Yet in the pre-match thread you said first 11 picks itself. We're scrapping the barrel now, he's really got little choice and to be fair, it worked out last time.

Look, I'm fond of many on you on here - I've 'known' most of you for almost 20 years.

BUT, I really think you all need a bit of a rest and a think..

We are going to finish 5th. We don't have a squad ready for top 4, we're not ready for that yet - but by getting behind this management team I believe we might be within a year or so.

To throw so many toys out the pram because our fragile squad isn't there yet is one of the problems of modern football for me.

I'm sure there would have been a lot of moaning had we named a different starting 11 along the lines of how could he change a winning side etc.

Apart from 3, maybe 4, attacks they barley threatened us.

They did get lucky with the first goal and then they do have a genuine world class striker with 2 excellent finishes.

We huffed and puffed and failed to create anything that certain, despite many on here thinking Barnes and Perez are top 4 players, they failed to create anything meaningful for our main man.

Look, I'm fond of many on you on here - I've 'known' most of you for almost 20 years.

BUT, I really think you all need a bit of a rest and a think..

We are going to finish 5th. We don't have a squad ready for top 4, we're not ready for that yet - but by getting behind this management team I believe we might be within a year or so.

To throw so many toys out the pram because our fragile squad isn't there yet is one of the problems of modern football for me.
Nope. Sorry.

Firstly, Jose knew how he was going to do us about a week ago (in answer to the point you put to me directly) I’m no expert. Football management isn’t my profession, but even I could see that a back 3 wasn’t going to work away from home against Spurs. A high line with a slow back 4 was suicide. It was a game where counter attack should have been the only option.

secondly we were clear by 15 points. There was enough shit in this league to get over the line. We capitulated to every team in trouble. People who only score in their wettest of wet dreams were having a ****ing Disney moment. These weren’t special teams. This wasn’t their mighty ducks season. It was piss poor management. Let’s not sugar coat that shit.

...also I love you too sweet cheeks.

I'm sure there would have been a lot of moaning had we named a different starting 11 along the lines of how could he change a winning side etc.

Apart from 3, maybe 4, attacks they barley threatened us.

They did get lucky with the first goal and then they do have a genuine world class striker with 2 excellent finishes.

We huffed and puffed and failed to create anything that certain, despite many on here thinking Barnes and Perez are top 4 players, they failed to create anything meaningful for our main man.
They didn’t have to. The game was over really quickly.

No matter whether you’re Rodgers in or Rodgers out (or neither), whether you think fifth is a success or a failure, optimistic or pessimistic, looking forward to next season or sick of football entirely, whether you think Ryan Bennett is useless or completely useless, we absolutely must keep in mind the fundamental thing that you all have in common.

You are all ****s.

No matter whether you’re Rodgers in or Rodgers out (or neither), whether you think fifth is a success or a failure, optimistic or pessimistic, looking forward to next season or sick of football entirely, whether you think Ryan Bennett is useless or completely useless, we absolutely must keep in mind the fundamental thing that you all have in common.

You are all ****s.

Very true

Point I forgot to add... It isn’t ‘throwing toys out of the pram’ to ask whether it should be considered acceptable to squander a 15 point lead and a ****ing massive goal difference that was worth an extra point when the hard work was done and when there was enough dross left to comfortably get over the line.

I would hope our ambitions are high enough that a failure of this magnitude would not be simply brushed away with a ‘you’d have taken fifth at the start of the season’ defence. Perhaps I would have, but you cut your cloth to your circumstances. Make no mistake this is a massive failure that will have a massive psychological impact on our team. I can easily see this form being carried to next season.

I thought Son was offside from Kanes pass for the 1st and goals 2 and 3 were conseded after Thomas had lost the ball.
We are not to far away from being a very good side. I'm pissed off we have missed out on champions league football but I've spent the majority of my time watching Leicester In the championship. We are growing and improving as a club so step by step we will be there.
Bratislava away on Thursday is better than Wigan away on a Wednesday.
Leicester till I die....

I thought Son was offside from Kanes pass for the 1st and goals 2 and 3 were conseded after Thomas had lost the ball.
We are not to far away from being a very good side. I'm pissed off we have missed out on champions league football but I've spent the majority of my time watching Leicester In the championship. We are growing and improving as a club so step by step we will be there.
Bratislava away on Thursday is better than Wigan away on a Wednesday.
Leicester till I die....
I know this is right... but it is a very painful failure.

Point I forgot to add... It isn’t ‘throwing toys out of the pram’ to ask whether it should be considered acceptable to squander a 15 point lead and a ****ing massive goal difference that was worth an extra point when the hard work was done and when there was enough dross left to comfortably get over the line.

I would hope our ambitions are high enough that a failure of this magnitude would not be simply brushed away with a ‘you’d have taken fifth at the start of the season’ defence. Perhaps I would have, but you cut your cloth to your circumstances. Make no mistake this is a massive failure that will have a massive psychological impact on our team. I can easily see this form being carried to next season.
Spot on.

If we don’t get 4th this season now, it’ll be one hell of a failure. Of course we’d have all been happy with 5th at the start, but that’s not the point. Similarly if Sheffield United had lost the last 8matches and ended up 17th after being 5th in Feb/Mar, then their fans would think the same even though 17th would have been perfectly acceptable at the beginning of the season.

I’m just glad I cashed out my top 4 bet in January after the losses to Burnley and Southampton. I saw this coming, so thought I may as well take my £180. I would have won £200 if I’d have left it...that’s how sure the bookies were that we’d get top 4.

Go on? What do you mean? All Jose says is ****ing obvious, how has Brendan made a mistake?

I don't follow. Does the fact it was "****ing obvious" mean it doesn't count?

No, it wasn't a footballing master class from Jose, it was football 101. Knowing that Rodgers didn't like 5 at the back, that he liked to press, that we had a slow back 3, Jose did the ****ing obvious; sit back, let us have the ball and come forward. Pull our 3 slow defenders up and exploit the gaps and their lack of pace, get them on the turn. It worked like a charm.They may have only had a handfull of attacks but they made them count.

If it was so obvious what does that say about Rodgers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363