Post Match Tottenham 3 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't follow. Does the fact it was "****ing obvious" mean it doesn't count?

No, it wasn't a footballing master class from Jose, it was football 101. Knowing that Rodgers didn't like 5 at the back, that he liked to press, that we had a slow back 3, Jose did the ****ing obvious; sit back, let us have the ball and come forward. Pull our 3 slow defenders up and exploit the gaps and their lack of pace, get them on the turn. It worked like a charm.They may have only had a handfull of attacks but they made them count.

If it was so obvious what does that say about Rodgers?

Exactly. I think alex answered his own question.

Defensively poor but overall I thought we played quite well, 20 odd shots against Spurs and some on here seem to be suggesting we were awful, we weren’t, we were naive and missing half our normal 11, including our ENTIRE back line.

Perspective FFS

Defensively poor but overall I thought we played quite well, 20 odd shots against Spurs and some on here seem to be suggesting we were awful, we weren’t, we were naive and missing half our normal 11, including our ENTIRE back line.

Perspective FFS

We had a few shots and plenty of possession, but it was very flat and we were shocking defensively. I didn’t think we once looked like we were capable of winning.

Oh yeah and we lost 3-0. Perspective? Ha!

Is scoring from some of those 20+ shots not part of what makes a performance good or not? Either the shots were not from threatening positions - in which case we either couldn’t break them down or were making poor shot choices - or we weren’t good enough at shooting to score good chances.

Spurs were smarter than us. I didn’t see any lack of effort and I thought we tried really hard. The second goal killed us as they picked us off as we did teams in 2016/16.

this is still a very inexperienced team.

Spot on.

If we don’t get 4th this season now, it’ll be one hell of a failure. Of course we’d have all been happy with 5th at the start, but that’s not the point. Similarly if Sheffield United had lost the last 8matches and ended up 17th after being 5th in Feb/Mar, then their fans would think the same even though 17th would have been perfectly acceptable at the beginning of the season.

I’m just glad I cashed out my top 4 bet in January after the losses to Burnley and Southampton. I saw this coming, so thought I may as well take my £180. I would have won £200 if I’d have left it...that’s how sure the bookies were that we’d get top 4.
5th is a failure!
How frigging pretentious are our “fans” becoming?

It is when you're fifteen points clear of fifth place.

However I do feel that the break has worked out for several teams. I don't think you would have seen the improvement in Arsenal, Utd or Spurs, the five sub rule has helped them as well as Chelsea. Plus I reckon that the win against Villa had restored some confidence in Leicester that would have carried on into the next game. They just didn't do it when the game returned.

2015/16 the goal was to stay up. Would you have called 17th place success in the context of the position we were in at Christmas that season?

5th is a failure!
How frigging pretentious are our “fans” becoming?
You should be our manager with that loser mentality you have.

Perspective FFS

Spurs beat us easily without getting out of first gear because we did exactly what Mourinho told his team we would do.

Possession means nothing. Shots mean nothing. Mourinho had Rodgers before kick off. It was a teacher humiliating a pupil.

We're paying our manager £150k a week for this shit. Fecking Ian Holloway could have come up with a better plan.

We all know that we're vulnerable without key players. Our opponents know this too. We are supposed to adapt to this and make ourselves competitive anyway. That's not a lot to expect really. What Rodgers did was surrender without even pretending to come up with a plan.

2015/16 the goal was to stay up. Would you have called 17th place success in the context of the position we were in at Christmas that season?
Majority of “pundits” were expecting us to flounder after such a great start.
If we had have done, it would have been in line with a lot of the smaller teams without the depth in squad and finances that have had a great start in the past.
The fact we didn’t makes our achievement that season even more remarkable
In just a few years since then, the depth of the bigger teams has got even larger.
We are far off that at the moment.

To turn your question around.
How many of our thousands had the belief at 1,000 -1 for top 4 just a few weeks before the end of 2015.
Not many, is the answer.

Spurs beat us easily without getting out of first gear because we did exactly what Mourinho told his team we would do.

Possession means nothing. Shots mean nothing. Mourinho had Rodgers before kick off. It was a teacher humiliating a pupil.

We're paying our manager £150k a week for this shit. Fecking Ian Holloway could have come up with a better plan.

We all know that we're vulnerable without key players. Our opponents know this too. We are supposed to adapt to this and make ourselves competitive anyway. That's not a lot to expect really. What Rodgers did was surrender without even pretending to come up with a plan.
Spurs had a pretty much their preferred starting 11.
Ours was very much a Heath Robertson job.
If we had got anything from the game they’d be calling for Jose’s head.

Our line-up was as good as it could be, having 3 central defenders is especially wise when they are all slow so there is extra cover - or it would have been if they hadn't been so high up!

Our high line enabled us to dominate possession, and i can see the sense of thinking if we keep the ball they can't hurt us, but i think there was a balance to be found, and how high we were was reckless IMO, especially with the wing backs even higher up the pitch, And it should have been adjusted once it was clear it was being exploited so easily.

Our injuries have devastated us, which is at least in part a failure of the management to adequately prepare the players and manage the situation - but our champions league status should have been assured before these problems arose!

Today was Rodgers worst performance for Leicester, To start with that line-up and system can understand, even if I don't agree but I actually felt sorry for the players at times, locked into a system that clearly wasn't working and no help or guidance from their manager when the tactical errors and their solutions became obvious.

Ours was very much a Heath Robertson job.

Robinson?

Opppsition managers will exploit our perceived weaknesses, not make allowances for them. Our manager should look to mitigate that. Rodgers went out to play our/his normal game.

Last edited:
Majority of “pundits” were expecting us to flounder after such a great start.
If we had have done, it would have been in line with a lot of the smaller teams without the depth in squad and finances that have had a great start in the past.
The fact we didn’t makes our achievement that season even more remarkable
In just a few years since then, the depth of the bigger teams has got even larger.
We are far off that at the moment.

To turn your question around.
How many of our thousands had the belief at 1,000 -1 for top 4 just a few weeks before the end of 2015.
Not many, is the answer.
That wasn’t my question though. Would 17th have been acceptable that season from the position we were in at Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263