Tottenham riots

Status
Not open for further replies.
These scum do nothing but expect everything. They are symptomatic of the sychofantic attitude of some of the young people of this country who can't be 'arsed' unless it lands on their laps on a plate.

Poor, poor ****ers in their designer tracksuits and trainers.

Go **** off and live somewhere where you will really understand the meaning of nothing.

Last edited:
For some reason they feel society owes them something, which is total and utter bollocks.

A society that needs to spend that kind of money on locking people up is deeply flawed, however.

The first thing I mention when anyone asks me about the differences between the UK and Sweden is that the class society still exists over here. I'm not even going to pretend like I know anything about the British class issues, because it is, as you well know, complicated and goes back a long way, but the obvious thing that strikes me is education, and the way it is looked upon, in the UK, as a way for the elite to get an internationally recognized degree whereas in Sweden it is a way of social mobility.

Higher education is free in Sweden. Although you'll need great grades to make it into the most popular programmes at uni, the bigger universities (Uppsala and Lund, for example, which are usually ranked as two of Sweden's top unis) offer quite a few courses that anyone who finished high school can enroll in. That means you can walk into any of the unis and get yourself a Master if you work hard enough for it. It won't take as far as an Oxbridge degree, but it'll get you a pretty good career in Sweden.

You'll get 6 years of £200 student grant + £600 (so a total of £800 per month) interest free student loan automatically - no questions asked, as long as you've got a place at a university and don't drop out. That's why I'm comfortable calling myself a Conservative in Sweden, because there is really not an excuse not to get a proper education. Cameron's argument to raise the uni fees is that it is necessary in order to keep the quality of education - I'm sure that's true, because there are some of the best unis in the world here, but it only reaffirms the point then that higher education is reserved for the elite.

Actually, strike that.

On the rioting issue I am far closer to Richard Littlejohn than Shami Chakrabarti.

The last four days has seen me overtake Littlejohn.

Now, I would be quite happy to see compulsory sterilisation with reversals granted on the production of evidence of income, education and basic parenting skills.

For a wishy washy left of centre tart I can be quite the fascist.

Now, I would be quite happy to see compulsory sterilisation with reversals granted on the production of evidence of income, education and basic parenting skills.

There's probably an argument for that regardless of the riots!

Just offset the cost against the saving in social / housing benefit, policing, court costs, social services, probation services, legal aid and the exponential reduction brought by them being unable to breed another batch of degenerates. Call it quits?

:038:

Seems like the plan of waiting for the rioters to get bored has finally worked.

Actually, strike that.

On the rioting issue I am far closer to Richard Littlejohn than Shami Chakrabarti.

After seeing the morons here, I'm probably closer to Bashar al-Assad and Muammar Qadaffi than Shami Chakrabarti.

So you're doing this for Palestine are you children? I'm sure the IDF will rethink their strategy of extending Jewish settlements in the West Bank because of your unsuccessful attempts to smash Currys Digital front window in the Haymarket.

Absolutely clueless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just offset the cost against the saving in social / housing benefit, policing, court costs, social services, probation services, legal aid and the exponential reduction brought by them being unable to breed another batch of degenerates. Call it quits?
I was thinking exactly those thought myself. Well said.:038:

'It's too expensive to lock them up' is a total non starter of an argument. Its far more expensive to have 16,000 police officers on operations in London every night not to mention the cost of insurance payments and overall cost to the economy.

Last edited:
Going back to Swedes post on education.

Education starts well before the over 16's program.

My wife was talking to a primary school teacher recently, she was told that a vast majority of the 5 year olds starting school can't even spell their own name.
My daughter was at a friends, her friend has a 3 year old boy. This lad only mumbles, he doesn't eat with utensils, he is plonked in front of the tv all day. Only interaction between mother (single!) and child, is to tell the poor kid off.

Parents have to take responisibilty for the offspring, and stop blaming everybody else.
What you sow, you will reap.

It's too expensive to lock them up is a total non starter of an argument. Its far more expensive to have 16,000 police officers on operations in London every night not to mention the cost of insurance payments and overall cost to the economy.
I've read this a couple of times now and it doesn't quite work. I assume you were trying to be sarcastic?

I expect to be scooped for this, but Spurs have just signed a new striker.......Mario Grabatelli.

I expect to be scooped for this, but Spurs have just signed a new striker.......Mario Grabatelli.

Aye - him and Mustapha Nufone.
:tumbleweed:

There's probably an argument for that regardless of the riots!

Looking at some of the parents on the news I would back it. No body wants this discussion on any serious platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669