Treatment of Norwich fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

four king power

http://new.eveningnews24.co.uk/cont...hardBalls&itemid=NOED21 Feb 2008 11:38:56:170

I have to say i agree with what the Norwich fan is saying above. There has been a real change in attitude from the police and stewards in regards to the fans at The Walkers.

2 years ago standing at the top of L1 was a precarious place to be, constant agro from the stewards to sit down, 3 match ban letters in the post for most, and the threat of being kicked out during in the game, so much so that i moved away and went to the kop for a season.

These days the club are more than happy for people in L1 to stand up and are never asked to sit down, in fact with putting the drum up there to get some noise generated they are almost actively encouraging it. There is no trouble at all in there and things have progressed massivly.

The away fans however who used to be left alone are now ruled with an iron fist,as was the case on Saturday, the stewards caused a bit of agro that really did not need to be there. I saw one Norwich fan carried out by his arms and legs for doing nothing more than stand up and sing.

It happens at ever ground in the country, on previous experience it has always been the home fans who are treated like shit at Leicester, something that rarely happened in other grounds.

It is a fact that the Leicester stewards are WAY WAY over the top, and on occasion have been very responsible for provoking people, this can also be said for the 'thugs dressed up' the police at City games love to provoke a reaction and equally love getting stuck in, some of them are as vile as some of the fans they supposadly police.

this can also be said for the 'thugs dressed up' the police at City games love to provoke a reaction and equally love getting stuck in, some of them are as vile as some of the fans they supposadly police.
Couldn't agree more Lako, the Police are evil and should be locked up. It's always the innocent football fan that gets the blame.

I saw one Norwich fan carried out by his arms and legs for doing nothing more than stand up and sing.

The CCTV people are in constant touch with the Police & Stewards, how do we know that nothing else happened?

This may be a coincidence but I came across a group of Norwich fans who were doing their best to provoke before the game on Saturday, I experienced the same thing from a group of their supporters the last season we got promoted.

The CCTV people are in constant touch with the Police & Stewards, how do we know that nothing else happened?

This may be a coincidence but I came across a group of Norwich fans who were doing their best to provoke before the game on Saturday, I experienced the same thing from a group of their supporters the last season we got promoted.

I appreciate he could have been a naughty boy before hand and deserved to be ejected, but you would not see the police carrying a burgaler round in that fashion, so why a footy fan?

Our stewards which deal with the away end have never been the best bunch IMO. TBF, I have came across some real pricks this season and then some decent 'uns.

Last edited:
The police had a lot of intelligence (eventually born out on Loseby lane) that there was a large group of norwich 'fans' that were coming down.

There was an increased police prescence as a result and a number of the oppo fans were 'known' and so it may well be case this chap that was ejected was banned from grounds.

As for carrying them out, if they won't go, what do you want the coppers to do? tickle them down the steps?

Boo hoo hoo

I'm sure that the police took the action to eject fans just because they were Nar'ich fans rather than the fact that they were pissing about, being violent, standing up or generally causing disorder

Let's just let the poor little lambs do whatever they want and let them run riot

The police had a lot of intelligence (eventually born out on Loseby lane) that there was a large group of norwich 'fans' that were coming down.

There was an increased police prescence as a result and a number of the oppo fans were 'known' and so it may well be case this chap that was ejected was banned from grounds.

As for carrying them out, if they won't go, what do you want the coppers to do? tickle them down the steps?

It was about 5 mins from the end, they could just have waited till the game had finished and arrested him as he left if it was completly necessary, instead they cause a right hulabaloo, and wind up hundreds of other fans. Just Fantastic.

Love it, at Narwich the other year I remember their lot being very nice....Really friendly.

http://new.eveningnews24.co.uk/cont...hardBalls&itemid=NOED21 Feb 2008 11:38:56:170

I have to say i agree with what the Norwich fan is saying above. There has been a real change in attitude from the police and stewards in regards to the fans at The Walkers.

2 years ago standing at the top of L1 was a precarious place to be, constant agro from the stewards to sit down, 3 match ban letters in the post for most, and the threat of being kicked out during in the game, so much so that i moved away and went to the kop for a season.

These days the club are more than happy for people in L1 to stand up and are never asked to sit down, in fact with putting the drum up there to get some noise generated they are almost actively encouraging it. There is no trouble at all in there and things have progressed massivly.

The away fans however who used to be left alone are now ruled with an iron fist,as was the case on Saturday, the stewards caused a bit of agro that really did not need to be there. I saw one Norwich fan carried out by his arms and legs for doing nothing more than stand up and sing.

According to a Baggies fan who came to the Walkers this season: they were told to put their alchol into coke bottles and were also told private places which they would not get caught smoking, by our very own Stewards.

Last edited:
I appreciate he could have been a naughty boy before hand and deserved to be ejected, but you would not see the police carrying a burgaler round in that fashion, so why a footy fan?

yes they fcuking do, when they catch one.

Now that we have new chief executive Paul Aldridge on board he wants things doing his way........

He proposes that over the next couple of seasons the club will be introducing and enforcing a zero-tolerance policy of standing in seated areas whilst the match is in progress.
Meaning that stewards will have the power to eject you from the ground should the rules be breached.....

Tim Davies who backed standing, bent the rules for supporters in the past and turned a blind eye to it going on, but official rules of the FA and Football League look at it from a health and safety point of view.

And guess what area of the ground it is to be introduced first???

Yes! the Away End first, moving swiftly onto the Kop!

Bet all you standers can't wait!!

According to a Baggies fan who came to the Walkers this season: they were told to put their alchol into coke bottles and were also told private places which they would not get caught smoking, by our very own Stewards.

Il vouch for Jessel there, got told at Birmingham New Street on Saturday:045:

Sounds like sour grapes IMO. Away fans always get treated like shit. I can remember at Preston, when Connolly scored that belter, the stewards were booting off a couple of mins after the goal and kicking people out for standing, even though we were still celebrating the goal and has happened at a number of away games I have been to.

The police obviously knew there were a group heading down to cause trouble and reacted in accordance to this, I mean the trouble after the game could have been worse but it also could have been the policing strategy that enraged the fans to cause trouble.

After reading this bit, I stopped reading the article. Stupid, childish bias report.

A number of fans were led out of the visitors' area and marched past hordes of bemused and increasingly irate travelling supporters. Police officers remonstrated with anyone who more than raised their voice in the direction of the pitch and frantic men in orange jackets charged around as if they had a riot on their hands. Leicester City fans, meanwhile, seemed to make obscene gestures and worse with impunity.

Boo ****in hoo, a few people stick their fingers up at you. Deal with it!!!

Oh cmon people who cares about their fans, the harder time the stewards give them then the less likely they are to spur on their team!!! Im up for stewards that slap them about like the f**kers they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669