Trick or treat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why what?
Why I'm too tired...
If "god" wants people to do what he wants he should make it easy enough for his followers to know what they're supposed to be doing.
You could always take that one step further - if there was a God, why didn't he take us all into Heaven forever at once? Why didn't he bring 100 billion people into life right now and gave them eternal life?

Which, I suppose, could also be used as an argument against God's existence.

I live my life as an atheist but I wouldn't say it's more philosophically irrational to call oneself an agnostic than an atheist (obviously you would still believe in evolution) - at least not at this moment of time. Until we find out how matter can reproduce itself, the atheist version of how life began will sound quite surreal too. Which of course doesn't mean that it isn't the least irrational explanation at hand - it probably is.

The biggest issue I have with religion is how you go from an agnostic to then choosing between all thousands of different religions.

With that I say good night.

Last edited:
I live my life as an atheist but I wouldn't say it's more philosophically irrational to call oneself an agnostic than an atheist (obviously you would still believe in evolution) - at least not at this moment of time. Until we find out how matter can reproduce itself, the atheist version of how life began will sound quite surreal too. Which of course doesn't mean that it isn't the least irrational explanation at hand - it probably is.

The biggest issue I have with religion is how you go from an agnostic to then choosing between all thousands of different religions.

Agnostic isn't a kind of halfway house between atheist and religious. They aren't mutually exclusive terms.
If you're not sure what you believe, then you are an atheist by definition.

I'm an agnostic atheist, who also happens to be an antitheist, two different words, dealing with different things. Theism deals with belief, gnosticism deals with knowledge.

With that I say good night.

Night Swedicles, don't forget to say your prayers :icon_wink

Last edited:
Agnostic isn't a kind of halfway house between atheist and religious. They aren't mutually exclusive terms.
If you're not sure what you believe, then you are an atheist by definition.

I'm an agnostic atheist, who also happens to be an antitheist, two different words, dealing with different things. Theism deals with belief, gnosticism deals with knowledge.

You're right, I should have said "theist but not of a particular faith".

Night Swedicles, don't forget to say your prayers :icon_wink

But first: a good wank.

I think you're trying to conflate two unrelated things Swedeykins. Religion can make good people do bad things, that's evident, but these are just little ****s, acting like little ****s in the same way that they probably do every other day of the year. The fact that they're trying to use a distorted idea of Halloween has nothing to do with Halloween itself.
If they're acting the **** then deal with their actions, don't try and blame it on a harmless fun festival. It's ****ing absurd.

The origins of Halloween are religious.

No wonder no kids visited any of you lot on Halloween, frightening bastards.

Jehovah's witnesses believe that having a blood transfusion is a sin, and they will not go to heaven if they have one. This means they will not let their children have blood transfusions, even if it could mean the child dies.
They don't do this because they're evil people, they do it because they care about their children and want them to go to heaven. They're good people, but believe in bollocks that makes them do bad things.

They're not good people at all. They don't buy their kids Christmas presents. Monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669