Up or down ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly, I think the 3rd relegation spot is between Southampton and LCFC - which is uncomfortably too close to call.

I'm pretty sure Sheff Wed who have some very good loan signings doing the business for them now, are going to stay up (this assumes they don't suffer a points deduction for having too many in the squad on Saturday). With 2 games in hand I think we'll see them notch up the required number of points. So it's goodbye Leicester or Southampton. Uncomfortable, but true.

Last edited:
My playing around on the BBC predictor suggests that 51 points (maybe even 50) would be enough to stay up - which isn't unreasonable. And that everyone from Norwich downwards is in the fight.

Sheff Wed and Cov on Wednesday whats the best outcome there?
A draw maybe?

On paper that looks like the best outcome, however in reality I think we should be more worried of who is below us and not who is above us. A draw would see Southampton drop into the relegation zone with both Sheff Wed and Barnsley 1 point behind us and they will both have 1 game in hand. IMO we have to be cheering on Coventry for the win in the hope that it will mean things remain as Sheff Wed being 2 points adrift of us.

Well thats what I think anyway :icon_bigg

On paper that looks like the best outcome, however in reality I think we should be more worried of who is below us and not who is above us. A draw would see Southampton drop into the relegation zone with both Sheff Wed and Barnsley 1 point behind us and they will both have 1 game in hand. IMO we have to be cheering on Coventry for the win in the hope that it will mean things remain as Sheff Wed being 2 points adrift of us.

Well thats what I think anyway :icon_bigg

I agree, we need those below us to lose then it matters not what happens with those above us.

Cov have a stinker of a run in - would be good to keep as many crappo teams at risk as possible. We might well need them

Draw will do nicely

Cov have a stinker of a run in - would be good to keep as many crappo teams at risk as possible. We might well need them

Draw will do nicely

I understand your thinking, however if Sheff lose their two games in hand and we win one more we are pretty much safe. I would sooner one team just drop and it be decided than have a few in the running

Prefer Coventry to win,then if we were to beat Sheff Wed I would think we were pretty much safe

Prefer Coventry to win,then if we were to beat Sheff Wed I would think we were pretty much safe

Even if they lose to Cov they could be seven points ahead of us by the time we play them, so we won't know how important the game is until then.

Sheff W have a relatively easy run in, I think we should be looking at Southampton, Cov and Barnsley as teams more likely to go down.

Even if they lose to Cov they could be seven points ahead of us by the time we play them, so we won't know how important the game is until then.

Sheff W have a relatively easy run in, I think we should be looking at Southampton, Cov and Barnsley as teams more likely to go down.

I disagree,they are below us because they are a bad team.Don't buy this easy or hard run in,this division is full of teams who can beat each other on any given day.I hope Coventry win

I disagree,they are below us because they are a bad team.Don't buy this easy or hard run in,this division is full of teams who can beat each other on any given day.I hope Coventry win

You're contradicting yourself there.
If teams are where they are because of how good or bad they are, teams towards the top will obviously be harder to beat than those towards the bottom.
In a one off situation, anyone can beat anyone, but over half a dozen games the chances are a team playing teams at the top will do worse than a team playing teams at the bottom.

I think Sheff W are more likely to get points from their matches against the likes of Scunthorpe, Norwich and Blackpool, than Cov are against Watford, Stoke, Wolves and Charlton.

The website I was looking at earlier had missed one of their matches, Sheff W could actually be ten points ahead of us by the time we play them. So there's no point at the moment looking at that match as a crucial one, we should concentrate on getting as many points as we can, and hope to be safe by the time we play them. If we get our own results right it won't matter how the other teams do else does.

If teams are where they are because of how good or bad they are, teams towards the top will obviously be harder to beat than those towards the bottom.
In a one off situation, anyone can beat anyone, but over half a dozen games the chances are a team playing teams at the top will do worse than a team playing teams at the bottom.

I think Sheff W are more likely to get points from their matches against the likes of Scunthorpe, Norwich and Blackpool, than Cov are against Watford, Stoke, Wolves and Charlton.

The website I was looking at earlier had missed one of their matches, Sheff W could actually be ten points ahead of us by the time we play them. So there's no point at the moment looking at that match as a crucial one, we should concentrate on getting as many points as we can, and hope to be safe by the time we play them. If we get our own results right it won't matter how the other teams do else does.

Oh ok.

For me, looking at the remaining fixtures, it has to be Barnsley or Southampton to go down. Having siad that, if our guys lose the plot in the games against those teams around us we will be dragged back in.

What do ppl want to happen tomorrow with Cov? I think wednesday will stay up but would like to see a draw - afterall, that helps no-one and means that if they win their other game in hand they only have a couple of points advantage!

I think that will be a crucial game and Wednesday v Norwich, I think we will still need the points. I don't think 50 points is going to be enough to avoid the drop this season.

For the first time since this thread started, I have changed my view. Southampton are having such an awful run that it's hard not to tip them for the drop.

I now believe that we will stay up with Southampton joining Colchester and Scunthorpe in the journey through the trap-door. Other than those three only Barnsley, distracted by their Wembley trip, will finish below us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69