Up or down ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to put this into perspective, it's a crazy scenario but lets presume Colchester and Scunny don't win another game, that leaves one remaining relegation spot.
If Wednesday won all their remaining games they would finish on 70pts. That would mean them beating us and Coventry, who could then finish on 65 pts and us on 62 pts if both teams win all of thier remainging fixtures. Southampton would finish on 63pts by winning all their games, Norwich would have 64 pts Barnsley 67 pts P.N.E. 65 pts B'pool 66 pts Cardiff 64 pts ... getting the picture ?
Oh, the shining light Sheffield Utd would lose 5 of their last remaining 8 and finish on 59 pts leaving us 4th bottom and safe.

... unless we lose at Bramall Lane.

I think it all depends whether the possibly still fragile confidence from the Baggies game stays in place for next Saturday. There are still sufficient games for us to motor clear of the relegation frame without relying on a last game drama.

One of the benefits of Saturday's win will be the disappointment felt by the other strugglers who will have got a major shock when they saw we were capable of a 1-4 result against one of the better if not best teams in the division.

I think the odds are now that we will stay up.

I think it all depends whether the possibly still fragile confidence from the Baggies game stays in place for next Saturday. There are still sufficient games for us to motor clear of the relegation frame without relying on a last game drama.

One of the benefits of Saturday's win will be the disappointment felt by the other strugglers who will have got a major shock when they saw we were capable of a 1-4 result against one of the better if not best teams in the division.

I think the odds are now that we will stay up.

Hope your right ,if we get a run of results then ill agree

FFS if it's that easy why doesn't Holloway ensure our safety by telling us we will stay up. Get rid of him ;)

FFS if it's that easy why doesn't Holloway ensure our safety by telling us we will stay up. Get rid of him ;)

Ollie was being more a little realistic ysterday when he said he thought we could win all our remaining games. You need perspective at times like this. :icon_wink

Talk about naive...

John Tilson, from the supporters association, told BBC Radio Norfolk: "Not for one minute does he [Roeder] think we are going to go down."

He added: "The main thing to come out of the meeting is that this is just a blip and we will not be relegated".

And some out there worry about our deluded supporters being mesmerised by IH's media comments!

those Naarch Ciddy boys should look at the recent form tables and Roeder's track record when under pressure.....

lol norwich are sh*t....anyway general concensus from other footballing convos is that we wont go down.....anyone with a bit of knowledge of the championship can see that.

i would still say there is a slight chance should we continue having bad luck and under performing.

but with either a bit of luck or one or two performances that we know we are capable of we wil have no problemos.

we are better than all around us.... and as Jose would say...'The table is fake'

We very much are in a relegation dogfight along with Sheff Weds, Barnsley, Blackpool, Narwich, Southampton, Covscum and Preston NE. Perhaps Colchester and Scunnie can make go on the run Preston are currently on, but that's doubtful.

I hope we have enough about us to win the battle, but the other teams down amongst it will all feel they should stay up for exactly the same reasons we do...

Agreed. We are still a long way from clean undies time...

(well, I am anyway. But that's a whole different matter...)

We very much are in a relegation dogfight along with Sheff Weds, Barnsley, Blackpool, Narwich, Southampton, Covscum and Preston NE. Perhaps Colchester and Scunnie can make go on the run Preston are currently on, but that's doubtful.

Some of those teams will be breathing more comfortably today.

Despite the defeat and the bottom 3 position I'm going to say UP again this week - based more on last week's performance that today.

another nail in our championship coffin today.
The league table doesn't lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69