Up or down ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
swingometer.jpg

Saturday's game brought a moderate swing to the staying ups of only5% now standing at 66%

Big swing to "ups" if we beat Hull.personally i think/hope when we do achieve back-to back wins we dont stop and do 3 or 4

Let's have a look shall we?

If we, Cov and and Sheff Weds matched results from now til the end of the season then great, except there's the small matter that they both have games in hand over us, and it will be those games in hand that will determine our fate.
If they win them, then it wouldn't matter if we matched them in our results, cos we wouldn't be able to get more points.

So yes, in that scenario our fate WOULDN'T be in our own hands.

How is that so difficult to understand?

Obviously it would be fab if Cov lose their game in hand, because the scenario changes and it will be Cov facing that predicament, not us.

Fingers crossed eh?

Just to restate my earlier question, are you still suggesting that if we win our remaining games (and therefore finish on 65 points ffs!), we could still go down, just because Cov and Sheff Wed have games in hand on us?

My original post was a theoretical thought which obviously wouldn't happen because not everyone in the bottom, 6/7 places could win every game.( Unless we were unlucky enough to see them playing teams all in the top half instead of taking points off each other down here)

As I said in the post you have quoted though:icon_roll , matching the results of Cov and Sheff Weds won't be good enough(obviously this is assuming that the teams above us three get better results over the last handful of games)

For example: We could lose all of our remaining games.:icon_eek:
But where we only have 7 games, Cov have 8 and Sheff Weds have 9. So the scenario which I'm talking about COULD happen. If Cov lose their game in hand(to Sheff Weds) in that situation, then fingers crossed our goal difference would still be far superior to Cov and huzzah! up we stay!

I'm not going to start worrying about teams further up and whether they'll be dragged into things, for me, as long as Cov lose at least one game, we have the chance to finish above them which means we should be safe(Unless Scunthorpe throw a huge spanner in the works and begin to win games!)

My original post was a theoretical thought which obviously wouldn't happen because not everyone in the bottom, 6/7 places could win every game.( Unless we were unlucky enough to see them playing teams all in the top half instead of taking points off each other down here)

As I said in the post you have quoted though:icon_roll , matching the results of Cov and Sheff Weds won't be good enough(obviously this is assuming that the teams above us three get better results over the last handful of games)

For example: We could lose all of our remaining games.:icon_eek:
But where we only have 7 games, Cov have 8 and Sheff Weds have 9. So the scenario which I'm talking about COULD happen. If Cov lose their game in hand(to Sheff Weds) in that situation, then fingers crossed our goal difference would still be far superior to Cov and huzzah! up we stay!

I'm not going to start worrying about teams further up and whether they'll be dragged into things, for me, as long as Cov lose at least one game, we have the chance to finish above them which means we should be safe(Unless Scunthorpe throw a huge spanner in the works and begin to win games!)

Blimey!!! Steven Hawking could learn something from you:icon_razz

You are always going down:icon_roll
the current mrs mk is away until thursday with her school on an outward bounds type break.

So, it's dirty polish barmaid time...:icon_razz

I am very, very worried. Even after our last performance, I'm going to place my behind down next to the sign that says 'down'. :icon_cry: Maybe we'll win some games next year?

I am very, very worried. Even after our last performance, I'm going to place my behind down next to the sign that says 'down'. :icon_cry: Maybe we'll win some games next year?

We will be screwed for the first half of next season then

Still down - and that's where my 'vote' will remain until it's in our own hands.

Any resurgence in confidence that will spring from Saturday's performance and result still has to be turned into goals. And not many teams will be as open in their style of play as the Baggies were on Saturday. Let's see how we do against the teams who will be putting 10 men behind the ball and not giving us the room to spray it around.

Still down - and that's where my 'vote' will remain until it's in our own hands.

Any resurgence in confidence that will spring from Saturday's performance and result still has to be turned into goals. And not many teams will be as open in their style of play as the Baggies were on Saturday. Let's see how we do against the teams who will be putting 10 men behind the ball and not giving us the room to spray it around.

This in our own hands is rubbish.

If we manage to win 3/4 games we will stay up

This in our own hands is rubbish.

If we manage to win 3/4 games we will stay up

Not if the clubs just below us win 4/5 games, we won't.

Not if the clubs just below us win 4/5 games, we won't.

But not all the clubs can win all the games. Even if Coventry win one more game than we do, as long as we win several games, the likliehood is we will both overtake one of the teams above us.

Is it realistic that we would be relegated with between 56 - 60 points?

But not all the clubs can win all the games. Even if Coventry win one more game than we do, as long as we win several games, the likliehood is we will both overtake one of the teams above us.

Thats my point, we need to worry about our own performances and results, not anybody elses!

The chances of us winning 3 or 4 of our last 7 games are very similar to those that Sheffield Wednesday have of winning 4 or 5 of their remaining nine. Points on the board are all that count.

Just to put this into perspective, it's a crazy scenario but lets presume Colchester and Scunny don't win another game, that leaves one remaining relegation spot.
If Wednesday won all their remaining games they would finish on 70pts. That would mean them beating us and Coventry, who could then finish on 65 pts and us on 62 pts if both teams win all of thier remainging fixtures. Southampton would finish on 63pts by winning all their games, Norwich would have 64 pts Barnsley 67 pts P.N.E. 65 pts B'pool 66 pts Cardiff 64 pts ... getting the picture ?
Oh, the shining light Sheffield Utd would lose 5 of their last remaining 8 and finish on 59 pts leaving us 4th bottom and safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00