Up or down ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have to hope that yesterday is as bad as it gets.

We are on very thin ice and should we fail to beat the mighty Colchester then we may well go down the plug hole. However, my gut feeling is that Barnsley will finish just below us.

The main issue for me is that we are going nowhere good under this manager - who has to go at the end of the season.

The main issue for me is that we are going nowhere good under this manager - who has to go at the end of the season.

I'm not quite at the point where I agree or disagree with that, but I truly am surprised about the general lack of any sort of terrace rebellion against Ollie -deserved or not.

But we are Ollie's Army. No need to bother with songs for the team, as long as we sing his name then that's the important thing!*

*As yet I have not joined in any 'Ollie's Army' or the 'Ian Holloway' chants, because I don't think he has done feck all to deserve having a song!

I'm not quite at the point where I agree or disagree with that, but I truly am surprised about the general lack of any sort of terrace rebellion against Ollie -deserved or not.

Holloway is uindoubtedly one of the most popular idiots ever to manage a football club. I understand that. I also understand that the average intelligence of football supporters is likely to be lower than for most other groups - not nice to say but that is the way it is. In those circumstances someone as affable as Holloway is likely to be given an easier ride.

i am relying on Mandaric having a bit more sense and getting rid of him in the summer.

Mandaric's record in this area is so bad do you think he's likely to get someone better?
He'll probably get Megson back after he gets sacked by Bolton. :icon_eek:

You are right about Mandaric's record.

However, the issue as far as I am concerned is the merit of Holloway and
I have not been one of those calling for his immediate dismissal since it became clear to me that as far as this season is concerned we have gone past the point of no return - i.e. one could not expect anyone better to take over with so few games left. I appreciate the point that I think Boc made that we got rid of Kelly very late on last year - but I think the difference is that we are in more danger than last year.

As far as Megson is concerned, I felt that his was an uninspiring appointment. That said, I think that Megson is a better and more formidable manager than Holloway. Holloway, to my mind ,is a clown whose humour has a certain appeal to the gullible masses. I am not saying that everyone who rates Holloway is stupid but I do think that lots of stupid people allow themselves to be taken in by his nonsense.

I realise that we have fallen a great deal as a football club, but I would hope and expect that Mandaric isn't going to put up with him for next season - and I hope and expect that we will just about survived in the fizzy league, thanks to Barnsley FC.. If we still have Holloway next season, expect the same dross as this season.

180px-Swingometer.jpg

4% swing to the "down side" sees 62% staying up.

I blame Mandaric, if he had held on to MA2 we would not be in the bottom half of the table.
Oh shit I fear an onslaught after this post.:icon_eek:

unfortunatley down, our goal differnce is good and will act as an extra point but with southampton beating Bristol City it's not looking to good.

unfortunatley down, our goal differnce is good and will act as an extra point but with southampton beating Bristol City it's not looking to good.

You could be right DFJR, I think it is now between ourselves and Barnsley.
The game at Oakwell in a fortnight could be the deciding factor.

I am still thinking up. It all comes down to the next few games v Colchester, Sheff Wed & Barnsley. If we get 6 or 7 points from those games then we will probably stay up.

If we do go down then we need to give the kids a chance. Get rid of Holloway and get in a manager who can bring them through. If it takes a couple of seasons to get back then so be it. Given a chance & with experience I think they can out perform anything we have now.

We perhaps should get rid of Holloway anyway as his tactical awareness & substitutions seems to be poor to the point of incredulous. We need some one in charge who will have discipline and will not accept anything less than 110% from his players and can adapt as a match progresses without gambling and putting on 6 forwards when we go a goal down!!

Step forward Paul Ince. Leicester needs you!!

Was Megson doing so bad a job in his short time here though? Ahem.

Not really..but he was also doing a decent job in his first couple of months at Bolton.

His tactics are inevitably sussed by the opposition and the negative, cancelling style of football eventually loses games as well as supporters who want to watch entertaining football. Look what happened at Forest.

And is Bolton's squad as bad as their current league position?

Still up for me by the way...the Barnsley game is now pivotal . Their heads must be down after the Cup semi-final yesterday. Also watching out for the Sheffield Derby on Tuesday ....at least the Blades confidence is up after Saturday!

Last edited:
Step forward Paul Ince. Leicester needs you!!

But does Paul Ince need Leicester? The MK Dons will probably be perceived as being bigger than us next season if we have dropped down and they have gone up.

I think we have to hope that yesterday is as bad as it gets.

We are on very thin ice and should we fail to beat the mighty Colchester then we may well go down the plug hole. However, my gut feeling is that Barnsley will finish just below us.

id go along with that redditch :icon_wink

I'm afraid I've used up all of my optimism supply for this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69