Up or down ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After looking at the fixtures I'm saying up. The most important thing is that we don't give Barnsley 3 points.

I agree and I can only see Barnsley getting another 4 pts, Weds 4, So'ton 2, Us 5 and Coventry will be well clear. That would leave Barnsley relegated.

Glad you can see 5 points for us.

We are relying on others IMO and we just do not have the balls to pull this off.

Down!

We are in a serious situation but not yet critical.

It would take something quite unpleasant for us to be dropped right in it: like Barnsley winning at Watford or Colchester winning at the Walkers.

Otherwise we should be able to scrape to safety with a draw at Barnsley.

I agree and I can only see Barnsley getting another 4 pts, Weds 4, So'ton 2, Us 5 and Coventry will be well clear. That would leave Barnsley relegated.

And thus, the fatal flaw in your otherwise convincing argument is exposed

Staring at the abyss. FACT

We are in a serious situation but not yet critical.

It would take something quite unpleasant for us to be dropped right in it: like Barnsley winning at Watford or Colchester winning at the Walkers.

Otherwise we should be able to scrape to safety with a draw at Barnsley.

I agree.

I said if we stick with Ian 'throw it' Holloway, we will stay up by the skin of our teeth.

Draw Sat and we are as good as down.

Barnsley winning at Watford or Colchester winning at the Walkers.

But this is highly probable Redditch, my worry is we do not have a match winner or 'form' player, most of the teams around us do.

I feel that come 10pm tonight we will be at critical.

And thus, the fatal flaw in your otherwise convincing argument is exposed

Staring at the abyss. FACT

Do you really mean that Homer - or are you just trying to frighten the children?

It would suit me to say that we are likely to be relegated on the basis that it might jolt those who think Holloway has any merit - but the fixtures look kind for us and the tendency in this division is for the strugglers to fail to pick up points at the end of the season. So I see us finishing with 52 points - 3 (Colchester) plus 1 each from Barnsley and Wednesday which i think is as many or more than Barnsley are likely to muster.

Do you really mean that Homer - or are you just trying to frighten the children?

It would suit me to say that we are likely to be relegated on the basis that it might jolt those who think Holloway has any merit - but the fixtures look kind for us and the tendency in this division is for the strugglers to fail to pick up points at the end of the season. So I see us finishing with 52 points - 3 (Colchester) plus 1 each from Barnsley and Wednesday which i think is as many or more than Barnsley are likely to muster.

Until Barnsley have played there games in hand the picture is very unclear. They COULD go 5 points clear of us!!

You are right about the strugglers not picking up points, sadly we are one of them.

I don't think the fixtures look kind to us at all

We are playing three teams who are scrapping for their lives, and who will be looking at the game against us as their big chance to get some points on the board

Then we are up against a (very good) team who will be scrapping for every point to secure their place in the top two or the play-offs

Couldn't be a worse run in IMO

After last nights shock result its Desperate but not yet Critical, failure to beat Colchester will turn me against my own team for thhe first time in 40 years- slowly losing the faith

Last edited:
now we are in the bottom 3 . doz anyone really think this team has got the heart and bottle to stay up ? no ****ing chance we are down , wont even beat colchester , we r shit . will not be spending anymore of my hard earned cash watching this lot !

We are in a difficult position which come saturday night could be desperate, my fear is that out of all the teams scrapping it out at the bottom, we appear to be the most gutless and I would imagine that Colchester, Barnsley and Sheff Wed will be viewing us as a real opportunity to secure three points.

I think these games are going to be wars and Ollie needs to ensure he gets his team selection and tactics absolutely spot on. We really need to match the passion, commitment and battling qualities that these three are likely to display, if in like so many instances in recent years we lay down and die then we will a league 1 side next season and deserveredly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69