Up or down ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And possibly at least one of the away games too.

Against teams fighting for automatic promotion and fighting to avoid relegation? That's a depressing enough thought to make me contemplate helping Boc getting the creases out of his favourite travel shorts.

Last edited:
Against teams fighting for automatic promotion and fighting to avoid relegation? That's a depressing enough thought to make me contemplate helping Boc getting the creases out of his favourite travel shorts.

Just wait til you get round there, ironing is the last thing he wants.

But surely those teams are playing a team fighting to avoid relegation in us?

I live in Blackpool and believe me their fans are exremely worried as they are in freefall (not won in 8) in fact we could well be above them on Saturday night.

I live in Blackpool and believe me their fans are exremely worried as they are in freefall (not won in 8) in fact we could well be above them on Saturday night.

They have won one of their last eight games - but they've only lost two, they've been drawing a lot, so I wouldn't say they're in freefall.

They're 16th in the last 8 games current form table. The bottom two are Colchester and Stoke.
We're 12th, Barnsley 14th, Sheff W 9th, Cov 10th, Southampton 13th.

We're 11/4 with ##### to go down, so those people who think we're doomed should get their money on now while the odds are so good.

Last edited:
Would Colchester want us down with them? Nah 3pts tomorrow and watch the feelings on this Forum change, im not changing to a "down" unless we lose tomorrow!

Last edited:
Would Colchester want us down with them? Nah 3pts tomorrow and watch the feelings on this Forum change, im not changing to a "down" unless we lose tomorrow!

I still say up, that will only change if we don't beat Sheffield Wednesday.

More relevant to me, I don't think they'll care either way.

Their manager will be using the code words "We're playing for our pride" which means the players will be more concerned in finishing the season asap.

Possibly, but they might have one or two players playing for a new contract. Plus teams coming to play at our " supposedly " superior stadium seems to bring the best out of them.

Let's put it this way.

If we can't beat Colchester whose team cost about one and thruppence on our own heap when they have already been relegated and looking forward to their hols.

Still up, but only 'cause I am not lucky enough to see the back of this idiot of a Manager.

I have never expected us to be relegated.

As I've said before, the usual position at this time of the season is for the strugglers not to achieve the sort of points totals that we fear they might.

I thought Barnsley would plummet - to their credit they are doing fine, but how many more points are Blackpool going to get?

3 more points could be enough for us. I don't know where we would actually get them but it could well happen.

The important thing is to learn from this and bring in someone who will sort things out for next season.

I've said previously that I thought the next two results are more important than the Colchester one, and that Cov are my favourites for relegation.

I still think Cov will be the ones to go down, but our players will have to play with a lot more pride and heart against Barnsley and Sheff W than they did today if that's going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69