Up or down ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in a difficult position which come saturday night could be desperate, my fear is that out of all the teams scrapping it out at the bottom, we appear to be the most gutless and I would imagine that Colchester, Barnsley and Sheff Wed will be viewing us as a real opportunity to secure three points.

I think these games are going to be wars and Ollie needs to ensure he gets his team selection and tactics absolutely spot on. We really need to match the passion, commitment and battling qualities that these three are likely to display, if in like so many instances in recent years we lay down and die then we will a league 1 side next season and deserveredly so.

Except of course that Colchester are now relegated because the City v Wednesday fixture means that they cannot now overtake both of those clubs.

I expect us to beat Colchester and thus provide a platform for an escape. We are seriously at risk but I still expect us to get away with it.

The main issue for me is that we should not go into the summer preparation for next season with the current set up. Mandaric is keeping very quiet at the moment and given the immediate situation then this is probably very wise. I trust he still has the energy and interest to try to sort things at the end of the season.

Mandaric is keeping very quiet at the moment and given the immediate situation then this is probably very wise. I trust he still has the energy and interest to try to sort things at the end of the season.

And that he still has the freedom.

... Colchester are now relegated because the City v Wednesday fixture means that they cannot now overtake both of those clubs.

Colchester have four games left. They could still get 51 points.

If City and Wednesday draw with each other and get no other points elsewhere, they will finish on 48 and 49 points respectively. Ergo Colchester can overtake both and are not yet relegated.

I share your concerns PF. We need to demonstrate a spirit seldom seen this season. I know Holloway says its there but its invisible to me. I will send out all the positive vibes I can from my seat, but I want to see some claret sweated for the cause, I want every 50-50 won and I want the ball in their box a hundred times. Above all I want to see that they want it, really want it. Problem is we should be doing this week in and week out and now I I am hoping we can find it in the last four games. :icon_conf

No they can't. They only have 36 points now. They're down.

My apologies. I was using Scunthorpe's present points total.

Mea maxima culpa!!

Well 50% of the critical scenario happened last night and I am not confident of a result on Saturday :icon_sad:

We are all asking and need a performance from the players, but from Newts comments about attitudes at training it just makes the chocolate starfish twitch even more.

Down, down, deeper and down.

My apologies. I was using Scunthorpe's present points total.

Mea maxima culpa!!

Yes indeed!

Look if I say Colchester are relegated then they are relegated. You should have known that.

As you know from my record on this forum, I am rarely, if ever, wrong about anything.

On that basis, you can resume the ironing safe in the knowledge that if we beat Colchester we will not be relegated.

We are all asking and need a performance from the players, but from Newts comments about attitudes at training it just makes the chocolate starfish twitch even more.

Yeah but Newts saw Dowie at the Walkers just before Christmas too so what does he know? :icon_wink

Anyway, they might be a bit glum because they can't win Mars bars or BBQ sets anymore.

We have to win our remaining home games, if we don't we deserve to go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69