Up or down ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the first time since this thread started, I have changed my view. Southampton are having such an awful run that it's hard not to tip them for the drop.

I now believe that we will stay up with Southampton joining Colchester and Scunthorpe in the journey through the trap-door. Other than those three only Barnsley, distracted by their Wembley trip, will finish below us.

I now believe that we will stay up with Southampton joining Colchester and Scunthorpe in the journey through the trap-door. Other than those three only Barnsley, distracted by their Wembley trip, will finish below us.

Logic taking account of points, games left,the fixture list, recent form etc suggests that Southampton will be relegated.

My hunch is that they won't and that they will start to recover by beating Bristol City at the week end.

My 'preference' for sometime has been Barnsley - they get beaten in the semis, become deflated and sink. I agree that that not many teams will finish below us and should Barnsley revive then I think we are likely to drop.

The scunthorpe game brought about a mere 2% increase to the "staying ups" currently at 66%.

bbc79b.jpg

Up, up and away in my beautiful balloon..........

Down.

Feel in my water that we'll need 53 points to survive this year. The totals needed being higher as points have been shared about more this year than previous years.

As a result, we need 2 wins or 1 win and 3 draws from the last 5. I'm discounting the final match, partly because I don't even want to think about needing to win/draw there. However, I think that's a home win.

That leaves us with 4 games. Convinced that we'll win one and screw up in one of the two home games left. Can see 3 or at most, 4 points here. That leaves Sheff U and Barnsley away to get a win or 2 draws from. Think a point at Barnsley is likely, no more.

That leaves us needing something from Sheff U. Heart says we can do it, head says not.

RELEGATION FORM GUIDE
Points GD Form (last six matches) % Points
Norwich City 49 -10 DLLLWL 22%
Coventry City 48 -11 WLDDWD 50%
Leicester City 47 1 LDLWLW 39%
Sheff. Wed. 46 -5 WWDDDD 56%
Barnsley 46 -14 DDWLLL 28%
Southampton 46 -18 DDWLDL 33%
Scunthorpe 38 -23 LWLLLL 17%
Colchester 33 -21 LLDLLL 6%

Last edited by a moderator:
After todays results, definately up. The two big matches remain the same, Us v Wednesday and Wednesday v Norwich. As long as we beat Wednesday we will stay up.

I've changed my mind again. Other teams seem to want it more than our couldn'tgiveabollock lot.

DOWN!!

Up!!!!!

Bound to be a "downward" swing after yesterday , as opinions change on a weekly basis but the importance of the remaining home games still applies, a win next week and things will look better im still an "UP"

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69