Vaccine Passport to be required to attend matches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

LM reporting but widely being predicted.

New Plan B restrictions to impact Leicester City and Foxes fans https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/breaking-covid-plan-b-boris-6320389#ICID=Android_LecesterMercuryNewApp_AppShare

For those that have attended games this season, there is a half arsed approach at present which appears to be designed to pretend that there are checks taking place.

If it's done properly, the delays getting in will be crazy. I've also witnessed several fans abusing those people doing the half arsed checking so goodness knows what will happen if they do it properly.

Personally, I'd prefer those attending matches around me to have protected themselves. Not sure how I feel about mandating it though. Although I do know someone that went to a recent game
despite knowing they'd tested positive and that really angered me.

Does the prospect of a new strain which is much more infectious make you more concerned about going to matches? Would COVID passports help?

LM reporting but widely being predicted.

New Plan B restrictions to impact Leicester City and Foxes fans https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/breaking-covid-plan-b-boris-6320389#ICID=Android_LecesterMercuryNewApp_AppShare

For those that have attended games this season, there is a half arsed approach at present which appears to be designed to pretend that there are checks taking place.

If it's done properly, the delays getting in will be crazy. I've also witnessed several fans abusing those people doing the half arsed checking so goodness knows what will happen if they do it properly.

Personally, I'd prefer those attending matches around me to have protected themselves. Not sure how I feel about mandating it though. Although I do know someone that went to a recent game
despite knowing they'd tested positive and that really angered me.

Does the prospect of a new strain which is much more infectious make you more concerned about going to matches? Would COVID passports help?
If the use the NHS app to verify people’s vaccine status all they’ll need is a scanner that reads the QR code

If the use the NHS app to verify people’s vaccine status all they’ll need is a scanner that reads the QR code
In principle it should be dead straightforward but that’s obviously not accounting for people with no passport trying to get in, drunk people being difficult, your anti mask ‘don’t tell me what to do’ lot kicking up a fuss and then people not being ready and fannying about with smart phones.

If they can’t handle checking 32,000 on the gate then make it ST holders only and make it so you can link a passport to your ticket before you go. That way you can practice some sort of social distancing in the ground too.

It's not simple.

Many people cannot get an internet connection at the ground, me included. I have to screenshot it and save it as a photo.

And what about the substantial proportion of people without vaccination evidence? If you've paid for a ticket but are not allowed in?

It's not simple.

Many people cannot get an internet connection at the ground, me included. I have to screenshot it and save it as a photo.

And what about the substantial proportion of people without vaccination evidence? If you've paid for a ticket but are not allowed in?
They should have evidence. It is very, very easy to get hold of in many different formats. If they don't have it, knowing that they may need it, then they are ****ing idiots.

It's not simple.

For iPhone users, you can add the passport to the phone’s “wallet”. This doesn’t require an Internet connection. Presuming Android has something similar.

I have had to show my COVID passport for two games this season before entering the turnstiles. It’s just a person with a clipboard who looks at your phone quickly and ticks something on their paper.

A friend of mine that lives in Saudi came to the Arsenal game he has been jabbed twice but couldn't prove it so the guy doing the checks just took my NHS Covid details instead :rolleyes:

And a 'screenshot'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570