Speculation Vardy to Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Vardy goes he goes. If Kante and Mahrez follow suit then so be it.

We proved time and time again last season we were far more than a 3 man team and even without them we still have the best defence in the division.

People said the same when Atletico Madrid were torn apart following their title win and the likes of Costa, Villa, Courtois and Luis all left that summer but they went and replaced them and got the likes of Greizmann and Oblak in who may even be an improvement on what the vultures took off them and regardless, they still had the best defence in Spain.

The likes of Morgan, Fuchs, Drinkwater, Schmeichel, Huth, Albrighton, Simpson, King, Okazaki, Ulloa, Gray, Amartay and Schlupp will still very likely be here next season and that's a bloody good spine of a squad and there's very, very few sides in the division who can match those players defensively.

Plus, we've already made one very very exciting signing in Zieler and have a fantastic scouting team who have more pull than ever before! I'm sure we'll see plenty more exciting and canny signings as the summer goes on.

Oh. And we're watching Champions League football next season for feck's sake! How amazing that will be!

Think some people have lost perspective a bit the past couple of days! There's literally never been a more exciting time to follow Leicester in our entire 132 year history!

Apparently Vardy is in Rothwell. My friend just text me saying it, so cant see how he is going for a medical at 1/2 for Arsenal today.

There may be SOME hope!

The Daily Mail reporter, who was the first to report the bid, has said there was no medical booked when everyone was reporting it last night.

Apparently we HAVE given Vardy a new contract offer, and Arsenal were hoping for a 2pm medical which Vardy asked to delay to give him more time to consider his options.

Hope and pray people!

Relish?

Southampton have had to be very retroactive when losing alot of their assets. Even the manager has just been pinched off them. If he goes we just have to trust in the management to get someone better in his place.

Whilst I hope Graz's ray of light is true, I am starting to come to terms with it and remembering that players move on and wear other team's shirts and it hurts for a while and then you get over it.

Although Cambiasso was a disappointment to leave last year I think this is the first gut wrenching departure since Muzzy which makes it harder, particularly as we are champions.

In my time I'd say I've felt like this for departures of Gary, Alan Smith, Gary Mac, Heskey, Lenny and Muzzy. Possibly Joachim for his missed potential. And of course Joe Mattock. And in managerial terms, O'Neill. They came along quite regularly and after a while you got used to it.

But it's now been so long since we've had any top players for anyone to poach......

There may be SOME hope!

The Daily Mail reporter, who was the first to report the bid, has said there was no medical booked when everyone was reporting it last night.

Apparently we HAVE given Vardy a new contract offer, and Arsenal were hoping for a 2pm medical which Vardy asked to delay to give him more time to consider his options.

Hope and pray people!
Name please Graz

Name please Graz

Laurie Whitwell. Midlands football reporter. Although I read it on one of the Facebook groups, can't see where the 2pm delayed medical is mentioned on Twitter.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    419 KB · Views: 35
Should have has Twitter back in the 80s.
"Stay with your hometown club @lineker9
don't join those soft toffees"

Jesus. I bet you're one of the ****s on twitter.

I couldnt tell you how many I have unfollowed today for the same reactions. Jesus, its not life and death; yes it would be grim if he left, but I would hope we would get another player with fire and ability to replace him.

Another thing I find amusing is the Arsenal "fans" who last season were branding Vardy a drug cheat now welcoming him as the Messiah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669