Speculation Vardy to Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine Vardy would want relegation clause in himself in any case. If at this time over the next few seasons we do suffer such a fate again he'll not want to stay, particularly if he's still in the England setup.

We have a potential Insider of the Year. Either that or COTY.

Haha I am genuine, i said he was going to be in Rothwell yesterday for something to eat and he did go.

Attachments

• 13393033_10153546315826366_1540660828_n.jpg
    13393033_10153546315826366_1540660828_n.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 75
Hope you're right, Chad!

I feel Kante is inevitable so even though he's probably much harder to replace, I always thought he'd go anyway. But Vardy is a huge character in the squad and needs to stay.

Plus I feel like Amartey and Gray were signed in January partly in preparation for if Kante/Mahrez left in the summer...

In our position, we have be mad not to have a relegation clause in the contract of every player, it would be madness not to.

Ok swedefox, i will keep my information to myself from now on. If I say he is going to be somewhere then he gets spotted there I think thats pretty reliable.

If he stays and has a crap first 10 games, he'll become hated.

Vardy saying hes really happy at Leicester. Deal is 4 years but has relegation clause in. I know the club are trying to cover their backs but doesnt fill Vardy with much confidence?

Also Kante is defo leaving and Deeney is definitely coming in.

I think that we all know that this is what happens when you punch above your weight.
We did that big time and stand to be picked off big time,
A bit of a slim chance that Vardy might chosse to secure a longer spell at the top by sticking with Leicester.

Don't think there is even a slim chance of retaining Kante - and can't see Mahrez staying if Vardy and Kante go.

Maybe best to plan longer term and bring in good players on the back of the CL opportunity.

Not sure it is in the club's interest to pay Vardy (approaching 30) the sort of money Arsenal can pay.

All part of the price of success if you are not a big five or a potential big five club.

The Vardy situation has taken a dramatic turn....

He's updated his Twitter cover photo to a picture of the team lifting the title.

No one knows what this means.... does it mean he's staying? Does it mean he's going but thanks for the memories? Is he just trolling us all by changing it for a laugh? Does it mean the people that noticed this stuff are a bit too obsessed? Is it just someone in his team making periodic updates and not realising the mental strain it would cause on both Leicester and Arsenal fans clinging to every movement?

Who knows!

But it's all so dramatic!

You can take the Vardy out of Leicester, but you will never take the Leicester out of Vardy. Lol.

Hope you're right, Chad!

I feel Kante is inevitable so even though he's probably much harder to replace, I always thought he'd go anyway. But Vardy is a huge character in the squad and needs to stay.

Plus I feel like Amartey and Gray were signed in January partly in preparation for if Kante/Mahrez left in the summer...
I was gutted when Cambiasso left - but it turned out all right....

I was gutted when Cambiasso left - but it turned out all right....
Same here but there is not a chance in the world that we can upgrade on Kante. The best defensive midfielder on planet earth.

Same here but there is not a chance in the world that we can upgrade on Kante. The best defensive midfielder on planet earth.
Definitely, but the next second best might be playing for Oadby Town or LoughboroughFC - just waiting for Steve Walsh to discover him and snap him up for the price of a few pizzas....

Definitely, but the next second best might be playing for Oadby Town or LoughboroughFC - just waiting for Steve Walsh to discover him and snap him up for the price of a few pizzas....
I would go as far as to say that if Kante had not been a Leicester player this season, we would have struggled to make the top 6.

I would go as far as to say that if Kante had not been a Leicester player this season, we would have struggled to make the top 6.

I agree. If Kante does leave, I massively hope it's not for a team in this country. If he signs for a top Premier League team, they win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669