Speculation Vardy to Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. If Kante does leave, I massively hope it's not for a team in this country. If he signs for a top Premier League team, they win the league

Agreed. If Arsenal or Man C had Kante last year they'd have won the league in my opinion. Not Man U maybe as they still wouldn't have scored goals.

A while ago a contact at the Mockery suggested to me that Kante leaving has less to do with playing for us, and was more to do with his wife not being happy in England and wanting to move back to Paris, hence the interest in PSG.

Let us hope Mahrez and his wife can talk them into staying!

A while ago a contact at the Mockery suggested to me that Kante leaving has less to do with playing for us, and was more to do with his wife not being happy in England and wanting to move back to Paris, hence the interest in PSG.

Let us hope Mahrez and his wife can talk them into staying!

Swingers? :D

Boring, hopefully the wheels are in motion to replace him quick time if needed

Vardy is definitely trolling one side or the other there isn't he. As soon as I heard that earlier it made me think of his cheeky dive in front of the ref during the run in!

I see this as big news as John Cross has been pushing the Vardy to Arsenal story strongly the last few days. Now saying:

Arsenal braced for disappointment. Vardy's silence is deafening. And Arsenal are NOT in for Mahrez.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-fear-transfer-target-jamie-8127249

Mirror going with Vardy now likely to stay after telling Wenger he'd make a decision today and then having no contact with him today at all.

Let this be true!

I see this as big news as John Cross has been pushing the Vardy to Arsenal story strongly the last few days. Now saying:

Arsenal braced for disappointment. Vardy's silence is deafening. And Arsenal are NOT in for Mahrez.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-fear-transfer-target-jamie-8127249

Mirror going with Vardy now likely to stay after telling Wenger he'd make a decision today and then having no contact with him today at all.

Let this be true!
John Cross was on the radio Monday morning saying it was a done deal, so maybe

John Cross was on the radio Monday morning saying it was a done deal, so maybe

Either,

1. The longer this goes on, the more likely it is that Vardy will stay. He's either sold on the Arsenal offer or he's not and Leicester's counter offer has not been dismissed.

Or,

2. His very busy agent is playing tennis with City and Arsenal trying to up the offers maximising what he can get out of Arsenal to make the move happen.

The consensus in the media is not mentioning an improved offer from Arsenal and I'd expect journo's like Cross to know these things. So, if this particular news doesn't break today, I think he's staying.

In addition, the speculation in February was that Vardy had signed an £80k a week contract. The recent figures banded about say it was more like £60-65k a week. The fact that players such as Schmeichel are negotiating contracts at circa £100k a week (Mercury) makes it seem like a cock up on Vardy's agent's part and would explain the whole shenanigans.

All this also brings into focus the speculation about Chilwell for me. He's been demanding something like £20k+ a week as someone that hasn't played a league game for us yet. The improved contracts being negotiated will all be eating up the available budget for existing and new players. Somewhere, there has to be some discipline and it may be that people like Chilwell have to be sacrified to keep the bigger names.

I agree, think the longer this rumbles on the more likely Vardy will stay.

Also pleased to hear that we've not gone as high as Arsenal - if Vardy stays, it's another victory for footballs soul!

But really I'm not that bothered how much we pay him to stay - ultimately I trust our owners, they're successful businessmen and its up to them to determine the value of our assets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669