Speculation Vardy to Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if he signs for Arsenal this afternoon he will suddenly be first choice for England, 'cos you know, he plays for a "big club."

Arsenal aren't as big as they like to think they are. Big stadium, sure but it's usually half empty. On the international stage they are closer to being a laughing stock than being considered a big club whereas we are an unknown quantity.

Lots of reports that he's delaying his decision until after the Euros, which is sensible, on his part.

Arsenal aren't as big as they like to think they are. Big stadium, sure but it's usually half empty. On the international stage they are closer to being a laughing stock than being considered a big club whereas we are an unknown quantity.
Come on, you can't really believe that, can you?

Lots of reports that he's delaying his decision until after the Euros, which is sensible, on his part.
Well that's very good news, isn't it? Arsenal can't be happy with that

Although, of course... We need to get our business done in time too.

Come on, you can't really believe that, can you?

I stopped reading at the stadium usually being half empty part. One game against West Brom, and the odd cup game...it's hardly "usually".

Imagine if Arsenal pulled out of the deal now. Would make Vardy look spectacular.

Interesting decision ahead for Arsenal. Do they wait, knowing Vardy may choose not to join them anyway? In the meantime, other targets could get signed by other clubs. Should they cover themselves by looking at other players? Should they "move on" from Vardy?

The Grauniad says 'Vardy could, however, also be forgiven for thinking last season was as good as it will ever get at Leicester'.

The thing is, had we beaten Arsenal and West Ham, which I'm confident would have happened with 11 players, we would be champions with 86 points and a massive 18 points ahead of Arsenal in third place.

How can anyone just assume Arsenal are going to be that much better than us next season?

The thing is, had we beaten Arsenal and West Ham, which I'm confident would have happened with 11 players, we would be champions with 86 points and a massive 18 points ahead of Arsenal in third place.
Remember when we beat Villa after three goals in last 20 mins? Ulloa vs Norwich? Jack Rodwell missed a sitter for Sunderland. Etc, etc. We won the league fair and square but if we're going to do what if, lots of things could have happened...

...And IF Vardy has a good Euros what's the betting his price tag will suddenly double? ...and could attract a few more potential suitors? That's why the Arse want it done early ...methinks JV's not as daft as THEY think he is! And there is definitely a change of feel to whole episode in the last 24 hours or so.

I'm now hoping Englund come up against France at some point in the Euros ...he'll be up against half the Arses ...point to prove?

...And IF Vardy has a good Euros what's the betting his price tag will suddenly double?

His release clause, thus his 'price tag', would still be £20m whether he plays like Maradona or Madonna. Why would any club pay more than they need to? It may well attract other clubs to bid for his services if he does well but value is irrelevant. The bid would simply have to be £20m.

His release clause, thus his 'price tag', would still be £20m whether he plays like Maradona or Madonna. Why would any club pay more than they need to? It may well attract other clubs to bid for his services if he does well but value is irrelevant. The bid would simply have to be £20m.

Think a lot of people are misunderstanding release clauses aren't they?

Although Sack's point holds if you're talking about contract demands rather than transfer fees.

I do not think another team can invoke the release clause as it expired on June 3. Only Arsenal can now have him at that price. Everybody else can 'do one'!

I do not think another team can invoke the release clause as it expired on June 3. Only Arsenal can now have him at that price. Everybody else can 'do one'!

Unless the June 3rd thing is a load of bollocks. I think its all bollocks and there's probably not even a team called L'Arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566