We're in the brown stuff boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason I mentioned him is because Biff said we'd got worse under Holloway. The stats show Holloway is slightly better than Megson.

I didn't want Holloway, and I'm not happy with our form under him, I was just using stats to show we have slightly improved. I was one of those 'idiots' who thought Grayson would have been a good choice. Can someone remind me where Blackpool are in the league and how much they've spent on players?

Under Holloway at least we have started winning a fair few at home, we now need to grow some balls away. It is a process. Grayson has been at Blackpool for over 2 years now and has a team he has built up with him, not over 18 games or so. In my opinion, the results under Holloway are not good enough by a long stretch, but I see enough improvement, especially in our previously dire home form, to suspect that given some time he will come good. I know others don't think that though, and understand why.

If and its a big If he can roll back the years of A.V. then he'd be a useful aquisition but he's shown absolutely nothing at Sheffield to make me see this as a good move for us.
He should have bossed the show at Sheffield with his talent
but maybe he's from that long list of those who look good on paper but cant be rsed to show it, and we've had enough of them over the past few years.

If and its a big If he can roll back the years of A.V. then he'd be a useful aquisition but he's shown absolutely nothing at Sheffield to make me see this as a good move for us.
He should have bossed the show at Sheffield with his talent
but maybe he's from that long list of those who look good on paper but cant be rsed to show it, and we've had enough of them over the past few years.

Or maybe he just didn't fit in at Sheffield for whatever reason and a move to us might re-galvanise his career.

He should be judged on his performances for our club.

Until the game after that, then the game after that, then the game after that. By then we'll have enough points to survive and people will be talking about winning the league next season :icon_roll

I have seen the future - and for Ian Holloway there is good news...and bad news.

First, the good news: we will survive this season.

Second, the bad news: over the summer many idiots will prophecy great success for next season - then the actual football will start and it will manifest itself that Ian Holloway is just as out of his depth as some of us think he is now...and he will be soon down the road.

His teams are usually in a higher position than we are at the moment, so how is he out of his depth?

I don't want to get particularly serious about this - but it's something like Ian Holloway is somewhat out of his depth in trying to sort out the deeply embedded problems of Leicester City. And, no, Holloway is not normally a high flyer at this level. he has got quite a mouth on him - and nothing wrong with that - so he has a higher profile than one would normally associate with someone of his limited achievements and was doing very nicely at Plymouth before he decided to take a career building move to The Walkers!

I don't want to get particularly serious about this - but it's something like Ian Holloway is somewhat out of his depth in trying to sort out the deeply embedded problems of Leicester City. And, no, Holloway is not normally a high flyer at this level. he has got quite a mouth on him - and nothing wrong with that - so he has a higher profile than one would normally associate with someone of his limited achievements and was doing very nicely at Plymouth before he decided to take a career building move to The Walkers!

Good point RF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670