Post Match West Bromwich Albion 0 Leicester 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
coped their early storm, not that they did much with it, slowly grew into the game and dominated second half. Wilf kept things very simply and put it a calm display as a makeshift CB, Justin needs to pick his game up, he has really has struggles since Ricardo has been out.

For all the complaining about his new contract Papy Mendy was brilliant in the defensive midfield slot, Tielemans carried on from where he left off too.

I really think we need to bring someone like Kevin Philips in to work on our finishing, Barnes especially would benefit from that.

I believe the current contingent is 60% of the Belgians that have ever played for the club, the others being Franck Moussa and Tintin. Anyone know of any others?
Maybe he didn’t play for us, but he scored a beauty for us: Eden Hazard!

Slow start is an understatement. We were ****ing dreadful for 25 mins, fortunately we grew into the game and bossed it from then on. Played well but more importantly created a lot of opportunities. Mendy was the star man for me. Ndidi a close second, he was like a rock at the back after an unsettling opening to the game. James Justin has his pants pulled down today but it was a relief to see him make a fantastic block towards the end to preserve the clean sheet... So kudos for that at least.

Let's not get carried away though. That was about as easy as it's going to get this season. Fulham and West Brom already going to have the first two drop spaces filled by the looks of things...

I have only just watched the second half. We weren't great for the first 20 minutes of that either to be honest but we were much better after we had scored. Perez was our worst player by a mile. For all the bashing that Justin is getting, he was fine during the second half, including a lovely ball into Praet during the build up to our opener. In the first, he was caught out too many times and couldn't find a pass to save his life. I don't think Praet was as great as some but that was his best game for us, I agree. Tielemans was excellent and our best player in my opinion. Calm, assured and always looking to make stuff happen.

Very good debut from Castagne. It'll be interesting to see if he is as effective on the left when Ricardo comes back in if, indeed, this is the plan.

Overall, not a bad start at all. West Brom though.... They are cannon fodder.

First 20 mins was very dull and was what I'd expected from the game. We had no creativity and were very sloppy.

But then things changed. I'm not sure what, but then we started to click - and West Brom started leaving big holes.

2nd half we were good, but WBA were terrible and look destined for bottom of the table I think.

Can't ask for much more from the first game of the season though. 3-0 win, debutant goal, two goals for our star striker, clean sheet (with a makeshift defence). And it was great to see Maddison back on the pitch too! I thought he was further off than that and was only on the bench in desperation, but to being him on at 2 up shows he must be fit and just needed match practice, so hopefully he will be ready to start soon.

Much happier after the game than I expected!

Very happy with Mendy and Ndidi performances, as well as the looks of Castagne. Still confused about whether Castagne is meant to be our new left back or not.

Also, if I was managing Barnes I'd have him practicing finishing non stop in training. If he learns to finish/gains some composure he'd be one helluva player.

Still need a winger desperately.

Jenas on MOTD2 last night was saying that Barnes could play for "City" if he improved his finishing.

Straight face and not challenged. Nods all round.

Thick as pigshit Forest ****.

All right thinking LEICESTER CITY fans respond by making a mental note to avoid watching that programme again.

Castagne. Still confused about whether Castagne is meant to be our new left back or not.
I think that once Ricardo returns he will switch to the left as i can't see him being a bench-warmer.

Interesting, no sign of Gray?.

They might both play on the right

Jenas on MOTD2 last night was saying that Barnes could play for "City" if he improved his finishing.

Straight face and not challenged. Nods all round.

Thick as pigshit Forest ****.

All right thinking LEICESTER CITY fans respond by making a mental note to avoid watching that programme again.
It really is pretty poor that 'City' is just acccepted as short for Manchester City now. Especially, as you are pointing out, when the player concerned is currently already at LEICESTER city.
But I've not idea how you turn it round really. I normally think Jenas is OK but you cannot in one breath say that you think the smaller teams deserve more respect then do this. Ridiculous.

A friend at school (back in the 70s, in the antipodes) was a Man City supporter. It bugged me back then that they'd somehow managed to acquire the trademark to 'city'. Equally, know-little folk seemed to think my blue scarf indicated that I supported Chelsea. Tbh, I also found a perverse pleasure with going under the radar with my team preferences.

In fact, when a girl in my class remarked that I supported Leicester City, I figured she must be interested in me to take that much notice. She wasn't, but I had a tumescent moment none-the-less.

A friend at school (back in the 70s, in the antipodes) was a Man City supporter. It bugged me back then that they'd somehow managed to acquire the trademark to 'city'.
Was at high school in 60's in Oadby. There were playground chants "Celtic!" with "Rangers!" as the inevitable response from another group. Another variation was "United!" answered by another group "City!" - "United!" etc. Even though we were in Leicestershre - The "City" refered to Manchester City, not our beloved home team.

That would seem a bit silly as we have undoubtedly bought a utility player who likes playing in both full-back positions, don't you think?
I think it will depend, we’ll have to see if we buy a left back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758