West Ham v Millwall crowd trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
west ham v millwall.
what the feck did they expect? i'm shocked that they are so shocked.

Couldnt actually believe the complete lack of police presence inside the ground, when the idiots were on the pitch.
A bit much to ask the stewards to control an atmosphere which was obviously getting out of control.

How is it just as bad ? He does a show on football firms to show what violence is like and so we are aware, what does the film show us ? I'll tell you....nothing but violence and fans fighting.

Hang on, he was in Football Factory! And any number of other films that glorify violence! If you think it's irresponsible to bring out films that glorify football firm violence, then surely you should think Danny Dyer is a dick for being in one of the biggest films of that genre?

That might be the best first post I've ever seen...

:icon_lol: I agree, nearly spat out my morning cup of orange juice reading it, who is this guy?

Last edited:
I am amazed that anyone is surprised by this, as soon as the draw was made anyone who knows anything about football would have predicted this was going to happen. I cannot believe the police did not enforce tighter control on this game. IMO this cannot be blamed on either club. This individuals associate themselves to this clubs but have little interest in the goings on the pitch. I would imagine the majority of those involved were old school hoolies come out of retirement for one last hurrah.

As Brauny says both these clubs have made big strides in ridding themselves of their hooligan reputations.

Just a couple of points.

1.The west ham player did not celebrate in front of the millwall fans he ran to the corner where there was trouble earlier but it was west ham fans.

2.Anybody who thinks that football related organised violence doesnt happen week in week out all over the country is very naive.

3.When the violence happens away from the ground (which it mainly does now) the police can list it as non football related which is good for their figures.

4.Although lasts nights trouble was bigger than usual and directly outside the ground anybody acting suprised it happened imo is very stupid.

5.The only violence between the two sets of supporters was outside the ground which as a earlier post said should of been broken up before it had chance to start.

6.The so called violence inside the ground was between fans and police/stewards.

7.Sky tv's coverage last night imo was apalling at the end they showed pictures of kids running on the pitch wanting the players' shirts and not even interested in the millwall fans and according to phil thompson these were disturbing scenes.

Dont get me wrong what happened last night was apalling but inevetable!! So why wasnt a plan put in place to stop it happening.

Bunch of tits. I say let them get on with it, they should have cleared a space in Bermondsey for an organised meet and put Danny Drier in the middle of it.

I woke this morning and thought it was 1975. I feel sorry for Zola, the poor guy is a passionate football fan but could never expect this in the name of football. Sad day for the game.

You can bet your bottom dollar that the people fighting outside who were actual followers of the teams were a minority, it would have been all the local Millwall and East Ham scum bags who just loved the fact there was an excuse to act like wild animals and cause a little riot.

The scum of the area would have embraced this opportunity.

Football violence is no different from gang violence but instead of associating themselves with a neighbourhood or estate thet associate themselves with a football club!

Problem is this game attracted the old school 1980 style hooligan from both sides.You could get a ticket for 20 quid and if you did get thrown out etc then theres no comeback,barred from the ground/football matches etc wouldn't matter to these people,they don't want to go again anyway.So you get the types who see it has a day out,go out on the piss all day then roll up around the ground and have a ruck,then get inside and carry it on.
Clearly there weren't enough police,particulary before the match,maybe West Ham wanted to cut down on costs so didn't ask for that many,maybe they underestimated and based it on matches between the two teams before,which have been 12 o'clock kick offs I believe.These games would maybe be better off been played behind closed doors.
Heard a few people phoning in on the Radio from both sides and they all sounded genuinely frightened when they described what went on and how they felt.

west ham v millwall.
what the feck did they expect? i'm shocked that they are so shocked.

doesn't make it right though and you can't just sweep it under the carpet because its West Ham v Millwall,the people involved in this are pure scum.

I am amazed that anyone is surprised by this, as soon as the draw was made anyone who knows anything about football would have predicted this was going to happen. I cannot believe the police did not enforce tighter control on this game. IMO this cannot be blamed on either club. This individuals associate themselves to this clubs but have little interest in the goings on the pitch. I would imagine the majority of those involved were old school hoolies come out of retirement for one last hurrah.

As Brauny says both these clubs have made big strides in ridding themselves of their hooligan reputations.

You could blame West Ham if they cut costs by not asking for a larger police presence:102:

You could blame West Ham if they cut costs by not asking for a larger police presence:102:

Too right it is surely the clubs fault. As soon as the draw was made I thought "oohyer ****er, that'll be a bit rascal" and I know I wasn't the only one who thought that. I had images of Billy Bright in Football Factory jumping for joy when his team got drawn against Millwall. It appears that the only two bodies who did underestimate the potential for a "tear up" are the clubs themselves.

But surely the police have to make decisions based on maintaining law and order and if they believe it is in the best interests of public safety then surely their decision is final. If West Ham were attempting to police the game on the cheap then the Police would have been well in their rights to enforce a number of drastic measures to ensure the game went ahead with the minimal of disturbance such as changing the kick off time, ban away fans, restrict the sale of tickets or even instruct the game to go ahead behind closed doors.

IMO everybody knew this was a powder keg of a game and there was always going to be trouble so it was up to the police to ensure they suitably influenced and resourced the manning of this match to mitigate and minimise the opportunity for violence.

But surely the police have to make decisions based on maintaining law and order and if they believe it is in the best interests of public safety then surely their decision is final. If West Ham were attempting to police the game on the cheap then the Police would have been well in their rights to enforce a number of drastic measures to ensure the game went ahead with the minimal of disturbance such as changing the kick off time, ban away fans, restrict the sale of tickets or even instruct the game to go ahead behind closed doors.

IMO everybody knew this was a powder keg of a game and there was always going to be trouble so it was up to the police to ensure they suitably influenced and resourced the manning of this match to mitigate and minimise the opportunity for violence.

Maybe but I still believe it was West Hams responsibilty to have the game policed adequately.I'd say at this stage the blame lies between WHU and the Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669