What a load of bollux......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm referring to the fouls.

The modern day Linos always wait for the refs decision before signalling

Thats what I was saying, the lino had to wait for a city player to touch the ball. I seen a 50 year old in front of me act like a seven year old in a tantrum at the lino's decision. All I could do was laugh.

Ref wasnt great today, didnt make the game flow but not the feckpig many will make out.

how exactly could you tell offsides from the family stand when the offence was commited at the other end of the pitch. there were more than a few suspect decisions and the bloke didnt know what he was doing. many times he waited to see what the ref gave and then made his decision.

I can only remember one decision the linesman at the Kop end got wrong - I had a good vantage point from the East stand. Most of his decisions were spot on - but what he did for offside decisions was wait for the ball to go to the offside player before putting his flag up. This annoyed a lot of fans because it appeared he was making late decisions, when what he was really doing was waiting to se if putting the flag up was the right thing to do. Of course by the time he put his flag up the offside player often wasn't offside any more - but that doesn't matter, it's when the ball was played that counts.
A couple of decisions late on appeared to baffle the people around me but were dead right, one where they had a player who got past our defence on the right before getting the ball passed to him. Big appeals from the fans, but Stearman on the other side of the pitch was 5 yards behind the rest of the defence, playing him onside. Another came when one of their players was offside near the half way line - we cleared the ball up towards their penalty area, but the ref played on to see if we'd get the ball - we didn't so he pulled play back for the free kick.
The officials certainly had better games than our players today.

The some lad was angered by the decision to take off Kenton? He wasnt playing good in my opinion and he looks lazy, he watches the ball go over the top of him and then stops, then realises 'feck me, I best get him' Well either way, maybe it was injury (we know Kenton has been struggling of later)

sorry but taking kenton off was such a waste. your 0-0 at home against a team who had to aspiration to win the game and you swap rightbacks. poor use of substitutions, its like he subs stearman just to let him have 25 mins.

sorry but taking kenton off was such a waste. your 0-0 at home against a team who had to aspiration to win the game and you swap rightbacks. poor use of substitutions, its like he subs stearman just to let him have 25 mins.
All 3 substitutions were crap and spineless. All were like for like without a hint of formation change.

The Bisto Kid should have gone off way before so I can't argue too much with that decision

All 3 substitutions were crap and spineless. All were like for like without a hint of formation change.

very true, we certainly lack tactical advantage.

It was a injury (you dont swap RB for RB looking for a goal), he's site anyway.

Fryatt I feel should have been taken off, the way its going, it will look like to other City player that Fryatt is RK's boy. O'Grady was feeble but hey hes a big lad who will win the odd header.

Funny because when the team was read out i was delighted i thought what a team the bench looked strong; Hendo Stearman Low Tiatto Hume, not a bad bench really shame no-one put in the effort. I was slightly suprised Tiatto wasn't brought on. Oh well theres always blues next week :icon_redf

Worst game for some time. Any positives? We didn't actually lose, Logan looked good (but was hardly tested) and kicked well, er tahts about it really.

Foxpodder

Worst game for some time. Any positives? We didn't actually lose, Logan looked good (but was hardly tested) and kicked well, er tahts about it really.

Foxpodder

Has Glen Stewart recovered yet to be interviewed.....?...:icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

He was spitting feathers - didn't record him today we used a fan from block H who was very unhappy about the performance ..... waiting till Southampton home for Glen's next run out - should have PLENTY to say then.

Foxpodder

He was spitting feathers - didn't record him today we used a fan from block H who was very unhappy about the performance ..... waiting till Southampton home for Glen's next run out - should have PLENTY to say then.

Foxpodder

I bet Glen would have still been ranting on now.............:icon_bigg

Re: the Kenton sub, remember he was ill during the week, so it may have been pre-planned anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46