What Are You Listening To Now?

Latest from the depths of the record collection reordering. Not listened to this in YEARS.

Some extremely hilarious & borderline insane memories came back with it. I was laughing for a good hour. The track is still excellent.

Who has disabled embedding? Can’t believe they’re after you Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff

The person who uploaded the file disabled embedding on external sites.

But that only applies to one of the recent posts. I don't know why the others aren't working. I got one video to work on a test thread, but several others that I know don't have embedding disabled aren't working.

Maybe something to do with the new server. I'll look into it...

I used to like The Prodigy (and still do like their good stuff).
I used to like Oasis (and still do like their good stuff).

I've just descovered this. Seemingly, The Prodigy with Noel on bass and Liam on vocals.

Sounds (to me), 'Bangin'.

& this one brought back memories of an extremely wonderful trip to Paris. The only time I've ever enjoyed myself there. It had **** all to do with the city itself mind & everything to do with the company.

Some things are just perfect.

Now and Then by The Beatles. I have to say that it's grown on me a lot. The little film of the making of it is worth a watch too.

It's Friday nite. I'm sorting some music. Time for some good natured fun punk.
There used to be fun in music. There still is, here and there (there, in this case is Australia).

The Chats. Oh yes. This is an oldie (from 2020) - And they still do it right.

Hi Lads

I have tickets for a live perfomance tonight (Sunday) by this band. I never thought I'd have the chance to see them.
Can't wait (but I'll have to wait a few hours) to see how it goes.

Focus were amazing. Musicianship of the very highest quality.
Tihijs van Leer is in his late 70's and is still the great character - I was pleased to shake his, very soft, hand at the end.
All of them were brilliant. So glad to have a chance to see them.
IMG_3713.jpg

Focus were amazing. Musicianship of the very highest quality.
Tihijs van Leer is in his late 70's and is still the great character - I was pleased to shake his, very soft, hand at the end.
All of them were brilliant. So glad to have a chance to see them.
View attachment 18202
Jan Akkerman has left the group though, hasn’t he? Only Thijs Van Leer left from the classic lineup? Did he reach the high notes of the jodeling? So many questions……..

So many answers.
Drummer Pierre van der Linden was in the classic line up and still plays like a youngster dispite being in his 70's. Two superb drum solos and looking so comfortable and relaxed. He was possibly the star of the performance.
The guitarist has been with them for 25 years and looks like a cool dude. He was doing things just using hammer-ons and volume control, not pedals, that were spellbinding.
Bassist has also been there 20+ years and is the best jazz bassist I've seen. Playing a six-string bass, with seemingly too many fingers doing too many things!

Thijs Van Leer is old but still has it. He wasn't very mobile but he sure can hit the high notes! His jodeling was fast, random, bonkers. He still has perfect tune with his voice - my son and I both commented that his singing is still spot on.

The band came across as a very top-end jazz, prog-rock band. Very talented. I've never seen a 'rock' band as good.

So many answers.
Drummer Pierre van der Linden was in the classic line up and still plays like a youngster dispite being in his 70's. Two superb drum solos and looking so comfortable and relaxed. He was possibly the star of the performance.
The guitarist has been with them for 25 years and looks like a cool dude. He was doing things just using hammer-ons and volume control, not pedals, that were spellbinding.
Bassist has also been there 20+ years and is the best jazz bassist I've seen. Playing a six-string bass, with seemingly too many fingers doing too many things!

Thijs Van Leer is old but still has it. He wasn't very mobile but he sure can hit the high notes! His jodeling was fast, random, bonkers. He still has perfect tune with his voice - my son and I both commented that his singing is still spot on.

The band came across as a very top-end jazz, prog-rock band. Very talented. I've never seen a 'rock' band as good.
I just assumed they were dead to be honest.

Although, I'm one of those people to whom they only ever existed as the purveyors of that one famous novelty so never bothered to investigate further. Its nice to know that not everyone is dead just yet.

Their heyday was a little before my time but I've been spending the afternoon reaquainting myself with the Pogues - three bloody brilliant albums to begin their stretch with.

Right. I've just got home from my works 'Chrismas do', where i had a few drinks. So I'm not in a fit state to drive.

I thought I'd play some music items.
The first on has the following lyics....( If you know it, you know it)

Outside, fat women struggle up the hill
Bright red cardigans over printed dresses
Handbags ruthlessly under the arm

Occasionally a thin version lopes down
Pulling a shopping basket
What do they do down there
That results in such an increase in size and weight?
Etc etc.

They don't write them like that nowadays.
and The Native Hipsters.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464