What could happen now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about Leeds?

And if this post was made in six months time you can include Charlton and Southampton too

And if this post was made in six months time you can include Charlton and Southampton too

If my Auntie had bollox she would be my Uncle.Besides who is to say they wouldn't come straight back up if they went down.

Last edited:
If my Auntie had bollox she would be my Uncle.Besides who is to say they wouldn't come straight back up if they went down.

I didn't realise we were talking about teams that go straight back up. I ought to read threads more before sticking me oar in :icon_bigg

You could argue Man City and Sheffield Wednesday are big clubs that went down to the 3 division and couldn't get out straight away...

Man City came straight back up as far as I remember.

Scarborough and Halifax Town.....

Hold on hold on.I want teams that have been in the Premiership and are now languishing in our Division or lower and have been for longer than a season

Don't think anything will go wrong, the worst that might happen is that the last 1/3 of the season becomes a closer shave than the first 2/3, and that would only happen if the club lost a key man like Howard. The team have lost one key man through Tunchev already another - especially Howard - would put the team under some strain but not enough to derail the team I don't think. (Besides, there's always the loan system to come to the club's rescue if it needs to replace someone key or senior such as Howard, Oakley etc... I think MM's would back NP for that). So a close shave maybe, but not failure to achieve automatic promotion.
Another danger someone might mention is complacency. But I don't seee this happening under this management. NP is far too disciplined and goal-orientated (no pun intended) to allow undue complacency to set in. From April if the club are still over 10 points clear of 3rd place invevitably this might take the edge off some performances but NP would not allow it to go beyond the odd allowable game or two.
I think the more interesting question, for another thread, is how to take a great season forward to the higher division.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570