What could happen now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
but still doesn't change the fact that I can't get that excited about beating the likes of Yeovil.
My ST has been my biggest waste of money this year, I can't even drag myself to the Walkers anymore.

I just want this season, and this sh*t league behind us. Despite winning all the while I still find the fixture list depressing.

The sooner we cna be confirmed as going up the better.

I just love going to games and watching us win! Makes such a change from 4 seasons of shite

Had a conversation about this last night.

It's such a difference actually attending the games and following the results from abroad. I've watched two games this season (MK Dons and Leyton Orient both at home) and it's a great feeling just to see Leicester win so I can definitely see drummindefender's point.
However, when you're so far away (admittedly MA is more miles away than me) it's not as easy to get excited over boring wins against shit teams. Can't wait for next year, even if it means more losses than wins and midtable mediocrity, because then we will at least play some half decent teams.

Swede makes a good point. The distance definitely has an impact on it all. This will all be moot once we get out of this division and one step closer to where the club belongs.

All last season I was hurt and insulted by the way the club and it's players constantly pissed up the wall it's performances and it's supposed appreciation of it's fans, so to see us winning with a proper manager is absolutely fecking excellent.

Scars were left from last season, this season just the first part of the redemption. Some of the home games these season have so void of atmosphere, it has been difficult getting motivated but the away games have epic. Some will be lodged in City folklore.

Your football club is like anything you have a passion for, when it's hurt you want to nurse it better and when it's starts getting better, you feel a bit of glow.

I feel a bit like that.Can't really 'celebrate' winning in a League like this,such a humiliation being in it in the first place.Just want to get promoted and pray we are never in this League again.Can't join in with the hysteria..sorry:102:

We can't change the fact we went down - but we can break records going back up - the best we can hope for and we are actually on target for.

Last edited:
Howard stays fit, we will go up. I expect we will go up anyway with MK Dons. I can't wait to get out of this league.

There are still a few games to go, and our lead isn't unsurmountable, but the pressure is on the chasing teams not to drop points.

If Millwall win their games in hand they will be 8 points behind and we still have to go there.

Winning is a good feeling, I don't think anyone would disagree.

I would have however prefered we build our team in the Championship and be pushing for promotion with the likes of Burnley, Preston, Cardiff, teams that we are more than capable of competing with.

Whilst we are down here we may as well break some records, get the championship trophy on our small list of honours, before getting out as quick as we can.

Whilst we are down here we may as well break some records, get the championship trophy on our small list of honours, before getting out as quick as we can.

We're in League One......:icon_wink

I like the way that most teams in this division (Millwall excepted, obviously) at least try to play the ball on the ground. From that point of view, it's mostly better to watch than the Championship.

Howard stays fit, we will go up. I expect we will go up anyway with MK Dons. I can't wait to get out of this league.

There are still a few games to go, and our lead isn't unsurmountable, but the pressure is on the chasing teams not to drop points.

If Millwall win their games in hand they will be 8 points behind and we still have to go there.
Millwall wont win all of their games in hand,one is against MK Dons.

Have to agree with Dour. I have been impressed with the standard of football played in this league, I don't think that you can say that the reason we are so far ahead of this lot is due to the standard being rubbish. I think you do Nige and the team a disservice. I think it is because we are so far ahead in terms of quality on the pitch.
We will see how we fair next season when we play against teams who don't play football but just stick 10 men behind the ball and hope to get a goal on the break ala Palace.
But lets enjoy ourselves in the meantime. I am begining to suspect that some of you are unhappy because you have nothing to moan about

OH we can still find plenty to moan about don't worry about that

I've a feeling it may be S****horpe in the second automatic promotion spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669