What have you achieved today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my mortgage sorted (only taken 10 weeks), ordered a sofa, arranged my insurance, booked BT to connect the line - not happy with the £122.50 connection charge, booked Sky to install all their shite, confirmed carpets to be fitted on afternoon of completion day, arranged 1st payment date with mortgage company, told Virgin where to stick it ... busy busy busy

Got my mortgage sorted (only taken 10 weeks), had a wank, ordered a sofa, arranged my insurance, had another wank, booked BT to connect the line - not happy with the £122.50 connection charge so went and had a wank, booked Sky to install all their shite, confirmed carpets to be fitted on afternoon of completion day, had a wank, arranged 1st payment date with mortgage company, told Virgin where to stick it ... busy busy busy

Bloody hell you wank alot Notts :icon_eek: :icon_wink

Must......... resist.......... :icon_wink

My body isn't worth selling. In fact it passed its sell-by date 30 years ago. Believe me though, if I could, I would. I sold my art collection, sold my endowment mortgage. Maybe could have sold sex if I'd offered blindfolds. What I have to write about autism is worth the money I spend, and truly, I'd do it all again, because I can't see these kids and parents being shat on (am I allowed to say that?) by the systems.

However, today, big breakthrough. I've been taken on as freelance by the Times Higher Ed Supplement. Already got lots of commissions. So I can pay my mortgage, maybe, and survive until I get my life's work, and passion, out there, to the real people who matter.

It's all good :)

www.jelibean.com

My body isn't worth selling. In fact it passed its sell-by date 30 years ago.

There are people who appreciate a fine vintage :icon_wink

However, today, big breakthrough. I've been taken on as freelance by the Times Higher Ed Supplement. Already got lots of commissions. So I can pay my mortgage, maybe, and survive until I get my life's work, and passion, out there, to the real people who matter.

Good for you. :038:

My body isn't worth selling. In fact it passed its sell-by date 30 years ago. Believe me though, if I could, I would. I sold my art collection, sold my endowment mortgage. Maybe could have sold sex if I'd offered blindfolds. What I have to write about autism is worth the money I spend, and truly, I'd do it all again, because I can't see these kids and parents being shat on (am I allowed to say that?) by the systems.

It's all good :)

www.jelibean.com

My cousin has autism.
I would have to say that he has done very well for himself over the years despite his problems.

My cousin has autism.
I would have to say that he has done very well for himself over the years despite his problems.

My mate Vinny has Asperger's, we taught him how to play poker about a year ago, he became totally obsessed with it and didn't he win a fairly big hold 'em tournament last weekend, €2000 first prize!
A monster we're after creating.

Autism isn't a problem, except for those who make it so.

It's a way of thinking which is pattern-based, and is out of the box.

BUT what's wrong with that? All the best thinkers have been rebs/outsiders.

Einstein didn't speak until he was 9. Didn't hold him back much, did it?

:)

Thats quite an interesting case actually seeing as the language acquisition devise is supposed to turn off at around age 7 (I THINK).

Last edited:
My mate Vinny has Asperger's, we taught him how to play poker about a year ago, he became totally obsessed with it and didn't he win a fairly big hold 'em tournament last weekend, €2000 first prize!
A monster we're after creating.

Autism isn't a problem, except for those who make it so.

It's a way of thinking which is pattern-based, and is out of the box.

BUT what's wrong with that? All the best thinkers have been rebs/outsiders.

Interestingly, Vinny normally gives us a card by card run down of what happened, in every feckin hand, of every game he plays in, but he's hardly mentioned the tournament last weekend to anybody.

What do you reckon? Do you think it's because he's a tight ****er?

:icon_lol:

Thats quite an interesting case actually seeing as the language acquisition devise is supposed to turn off at around age 7 (I THINK).

Don't think it ever 'turns off' Teddy, it's just heightened for young children.
We're all naturally polyglots.
If you ever find yourself in a foreign country for an extended period of time where nobody else speaks English, you'll be speaking like a native in a matter of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea714
5Aston Villa714
6Tottenham 713
7Newcastle712
8Fulham711
9Nottm F710