What have you achieved today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graduate Diploma in Law, Legal Practice Course, Bar Vocational Course.

What the ****.

Google - feckin Love it.

No need for learning to ever end. And you don't learn if you're told every simple thing.

TLA's, 3 letter abreviation's, used after the first use has been written out in full so all reading will understand what is meant by said TLA.
Not to be used by pompous twats that try to think they are cleverer than all by using said TLA.
I used the phrase TLA with a tongue in cheek sarcasm.

A gunnery officer, in the Royal Navy (RN) used the TLA, CDF.
I politely asked him what CDF stood for, Common Dog **** was the reply,!!:102:

TLA's, 3 letter abreviation's, used after the first use has been written out in full so all reading will understand what is meant by said TLA.
Not to be used by pompous twats that try to think they are cleverer than all by using said TLA.
I used the phrase TLA with a tongue in cheek sarcasm.

A gunnery officer, in the Royal Navy (RN) used the TLA, CDF.
I politely asked him what CDF stood for, Common Dog **** was the reply,!!:102:

'Acronym' surely?

What if it's a four letter acronym like NATO? Is that a FLA?
And if so, how do you distinguish between that and a five letter acronym?

'Acronym' surely?

What if it's a four letter acronym like NATO? Is that a FLA?
And if so, how do you distinguish between that and a five letter acronym?

TLA is a three letter acronym as i remember...i think TLAs are more common than others, hence TLA entered the vocabulary and the others didn't

plus it was a shitty in-joke that TLA is itself a TLA

hmmmmm

like GNU - "GNU is Not Unix"

hmmmmm

incidentally, the UK papers tend to write acronyms differently depending on how they are said...

so

"Unesco" and "Nasa" but "IRA" and "WHO"

and FFS...no apostrophes in acronym plurals, we're not American

'Four Five Six'?

pay attention

and cos i'm bored....

Darth Vodka's number quiz....

1) name a number where the number of letters that spells it is the number (e.g. 10 = ten = 3 letters, so 10<>3, it's not ten)
2) name a number between a square number and a cubed number (between as in plus one and less one)
3) name a number (apart from 6) where all the numbers that divide into it (apart from itself) add up to itself....so 6 = 3 + 2 + 1

1) name a number where the number of letters that spells it is the number (e.g. 10 = ten = 3 letters, so 10<>3, it's not ten)

2) name a number between a square number and a cubed number (between as in plus one and less one)

3) name a number (apart from 6) where all the numbers that divide into it (apart from itself) add up to itself....so 6 = 3 + 2 + 1

kin ell Jeff, give the others a chance

P.S. 26 being unique and 28 being perfect....feel free to use these mathematical gems when a girl reveals her age

;)

Managed to neck three pint of Guiness to celebrate Arthur's 250'th birthday in the company of some of our youngsters down the local ( including the gorgeous Emma and Donna who I am pleased to say were drinking Arthur's finest as well ).:icon_cool

Managed to neck three pint of Guiness to celebrate Arthur's 250'th birthday

Not Arthur's birthday. It's supposedly, the drink, Guinness's birthday. Even though it's not.
But who gives a bollocks, just get it down your neck.

Acronyms are pronounced as words. 'Scuba' is an acronym, for example, whereas GDL is an initialism but not an acronym.

But what sort of tosser would point that out?

The kind of tosser that only wishes to expand the minds of others and make the world a more grammatically standard place. You're top banana Blue:023:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69