What have you achieved today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been talking about it for a few months but only seriously started planning a few weeks ago. I will take a two year break from my house and rent it out for that period. Other than that I will sell all of my stuff to fund this. Hopefully I will be stood on the train platform with nothing to my name except what is on my back and in my bank account. We have earmarked next June/July to leave which, hopefully, will give us a 12 month summer! Also when we return City will be in The Premiership :icon_bigg

Don't know what happened there, meant to say fantastic trip, you will enrich your life forever with this journey. Good luck!

You have to do a bird in each country, you do know that is international protocol don't you?

You have to do a bird in each country, you do know that is international protocol don't you?

I'm fully aware of my responsibilities MK. I have set a base target of one in each continent to start with (no need to get too ahead of myself) but one in each country has to be the ultimate goal. Most places must have some great pieces but it'll be interesting in Mongolia, Bolivia and Ecuador - can't ever remember seeing a good looking girl from those countries. So that means I will get laid in Mongolia, Bolivia and Ecuador then! AIDS? Love it!!

Guessed you had! :icon_bigg Enjoy and bring some snaps back for the gallery!

I will be logging on here to check on City's push for The Premiership so will drop some snaps on of any fine/horrendous pieces of ass that I come across/on (sorry :icon_redf)

Make sure you go to Felixstowe but go in the winter,its shit in the Summer

Last edited:
And if you go to Mablethorpe, don't leave your clothes on a bench.

Make sure you go to Felixstowe but go in the winter,its shit in the Summer

Hmmm well everywhere that I'm going has to have a decent supply of hookers and I'm not sure it's safe to go prowling in the Ipswich area yet. Give it a few months...

Should be ok in Bolivia

78083482.2qCrofWZ.jpg

Well I've managed to get Phones4U to back down and agree that they will repair my daughter's phone free under the warrenty....but that seems a little inconsequential compared to your round the world trip.

I spent some months backpacking, sleeping on trains where possible, in my 20s. All I can say was that it was a great experience, you'll certainly get to know your travelling companion well (good or bad); and you'll meet some weird people, and some fascinating ones too.

I'm sure you've been given advice from people about watching your things whilst you are asleep on trains. We did meet people who had been robbed and one girl who had been raped. I've heard stories about people using some spray which knocks you out temporarily whilst they rob your stuff but I'm not sure how apocryphal it is.

Have a great time. I'll tell my cousin in San Diego to look out for you and offer you the use of a bath if necessary :icon_wink

Managed to buy a jar of Ras el Hanout in Canterbury today.

fantastic trip, you will enrich your life forever with this journey. Good luck!
Spot on Chuck.

Singth, whatever you do, don't "skip through" Cambodia without going to Angkor Wat. Just about the best thing I've ever seen. My younger brother has spent a lot of time in SE Asia and his favourite place was Laos, followed by Thailand. I loved Bali, as did my bro, although he travelled through the rest of Indonesia to get there which he was less pleased with. I'd avoid Colombia personally - plenty of similar but less dangerous places nearby. Central America is fantastic IMO, Belize in particular. Mexico is also great - but it's MASSIVE so that will be one **** of a drive! And you're missing Arizona? Shame on you! :icon_wink A few places, such as Cental America and Mexico, may surprise you in not being all that much cheaper than the US or UK - hope your 8k will stretch!

Have fun! :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea714
5Aston Villa714
6Brighton712
7Newcastle712
8Fulham711