What have you achieved today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I've managed to get Phones4U to back down and agree that they will repair my daughter's phone free under the warrenty....but that seems a little inconsequential compared to your round the world trip.

I spent some months backpacking, sleeping on trains where possible, in my 20s. All I can say was that it was a great experience, you'll certainly get to know your travelling companion well (good or bad); and you'll meet some weird people, and some fascinating ones too.

I'm sure you've been given advice from people about watching your things whilst you are asleep on trains. We did meet people who had been robbed and one girl who had been raped. I've heard stories about people using some spray which knocks you out temporarily whilst they rob your stuff but I'm not sure how apocryphal it is.

Have a great time. I'll tell my cousin in San Diego to look out for you and offer you the use of a bath if necessary :icon_wink

Spot on Chuck.

Singth, whatever you do, don't "skip through" Cambodia without going to Angkor Wat. Just about the best thing I've ever seen. My younger brother has spent a lot of time in SE Asia and his favourite place was Laos, followed by Thailand. I loved Bali, as did my bro, although he travelled through the rest of Indonesia to get there which he was less pleased with. I'd avoid Colombia personally - plenty of similar but less dangerous places nearby. Central America is fantastic IMO, Belize in particular. Mexico is also great - but it's MASSIVE so that will be one **** of a drive! And you're missing Arizona? Shame on you! :icon_wink A few places, such as Cental America and Mexico, may surprise you in not being all that much cheaper than the US or UK - hope your 8k will stretch!

Have fun! :038:

Cheers both I will bear all of what you've said in mind.

Desert, how easy is it to get to Bali from the Asia mainland? Haven't even considered it but if it is easy, and cheap, enough then I'd like to do that. I hope we will be able to see quite a bit of Cambodia, what with spending so much time in Thailand so I will definately visit Angkor Wat.

Oh and Siouxie, where can you get that spray from? :icon_wink

I've just seen Lawrence Double Barrell on Mr&Mrs.

There's one question answered then.

Heidi Range was also on there, can't sing for shit but :007:

If you ever get there, heidi wallet before you nod off, you can take the girl out of Liverpool, etc....

I have acheived nothing today,I acheived nothing yesterday and I fully expect to acheive nothing tomorrow

dismantled my sold climbing frame and loaded it into buyers van. Got bloody soaked.

Feck all what I wanted to do.

apart from doing a few chores I wanted to get the wedding card orders done and out the way, but Ben wanted to go and get a new iron(cos ours is a cheap crap one) and then decided I should go and have a look round Cov's Ikea. He said we weren't buying owt then proceeded to buy this massive picture frame for his Ice hockey jersey, and stuff for the cats.:icon_roll

I might get 1/2 hour in a bit to do me cards before he starts whinging about not having anywhere to sit cos all me stuff is spread out on the sofa.

Tarted the fish tank up and added a few fishies.

and finally registered my a Dyson, only 10 days short of a year since we brought it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea714
5Aston Villa714
6Brighton712
7Newcastle712
8Fulham711
9Tottenham 710