What's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to GaryS (the admin) on Rivals:

"It [the post] has been removed because we have been informed by the club that it: 'contains libel information'."

I suppose it proves which sites the club do read. Wonder which part is libelious (sp) bearing in mind that Bob Hazell has confirmed that the basis of the story was indeed correct.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I suppose it proves which sites the club do read. Wonder which part is libelious (sp) bearing in mind that Bob Hazell has confirmed that the basis of the story was indeed correct.
I was wondering the same :102:

beaumontfox said:
it'll be on other forums.........

How many other forums are there? (Please do not list them here for the club's benefit!!) Already three boards have suffered censorship - they're just picking them off one by one.

PFKAKTF FOX said:

Ah....but we've not posted anything libelous on here......

Babylon said:
Make the most of this thread guys, a similar one just vanished off Foxestalk. I would think we are next.

Is Geoff away today??!

I have downloaded the thread up to my last post. ;) :icon_wink

BOB HAZELL said:

So we can take it from that the actual 'story' posted by Bruin is indeed correct then. Because the content of his post was replicated on here.

Last edited:
BOB HAZELL said:

That's what I was thinking.

If they do contact me about this thread I'll ask them which particular bit is libelous, and if I think they have a point I'll delete the (in)appropriate bit, rather than the whole thread.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
So we can take it from that the actual 'story' posted by Bruin is indeed correct then. Because the content of his post was replicated on here.

I know who 'Bruin' is, and I don't think he's not the type of person who would make stuff like that up for a laugh.

Last edited:
webmaster said:

If they do contact me about this thread I'll ask them which particular bit is libelous, and if I think they have a point I'll delete the (in)appropriate bit, rather than the whole thread.

I'm sure the club are hoping that you run this place like the board I used to run... "one mention of legal action and you will remove the content".

Hopefully you are in a position to stand up to that kind of bullying ;)

webmaster said:

That's not the way it works though. They'll just tell you that it *contains* libellous stuff and ask you to remove it. The baby goes out with the bath-water!

bocadillo said:
That's not the way it works though. They'll just tell you that it *contains* libellous stuff and ask you to remove it. The baby goes out with the bath-water!

Unless you stand up to them... then they will have to tell you which part is libel.. or it will never get to court ;)

bocadillo said:

But if they won't tell me which specific bit to delete, how can I be expected to delete it?
They may as well just tell me to shut the whole site down if it contains something libelous.

Ths is probably an appropriate time to remind people that they can be traced from their IP address, and everyone is responsible for their own posts.

...And also there are some of my posts on here which cannot be deleted. I know they 'can', technically, but they shouldn't really, it'd be like burning a book or something, well wrong and dubious. What do you think?

"They may as well just tell me to shut the whole site down if it contains something libelous."

Well that would be the idea... corporate legal types are increasingly using laws devised for other purposes, such as libel and stalking, to stifle free (but critical) speech. Not that LCFC would necessarily do that, but the experience of other sites mentioned above leads one to believe it's possible. I'd suggest not posting anything personally abusive for a start, makes you an easy target (as in most walks of life!)

webmaster said:
But if they won't tell me which specific bit to delete, how can I be expected to delete it?
They may as well just tell me to shut the whole site down if it contains something libelous.

Ths is probably an appropriate time to remind people that they can be traced from their IP address, and everyone is responsible for their own posts.

If that's the case could a mod delete my post on pg 4 where i posted bruins story. http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10224&page=4

is that link libellious (sp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711
8Tottenham 610