What's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Babylon said:
If that's the case could a mod delete my post on pg 4 where i posted bruins story. http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10224&page=4

I have deleted it - in future if people are requesting deletions please point to the actual post - the page number can vary depending on the way people have got the forum set up, what is page 4 for you may not be for someone else.
Or even better, use the report bad post icon to the left of the post - that should get a faster response.

This post has been removed at the request of LCFC.

"I have been asked by the football club to inform you that a posting on your messageboard contains libel information

Can we kindly request that you remove it and also anywhere else that it may have been replicated on the site."

Last edited:
Ha ha ha ha ha quality webbo.

Havign spoken to my lawyer g/friend, she doesn't seem to think its libelous anyway and its just a scare tactic.

although the last paragraph might be having reread it!

Last edited:
Thracian on vital football....

A remarkable saga has been ongoing on Leicester City websites this morning relating to the allegation that redundancy notices have been served on three of the club's important administrative servants.

A post originally placed by the respected Fox Fanzine contributor 'Bob Hazell' and later replicated on Talking Balls and Foxestalk claimed that a new assistant to Tim Davies had conducted a cost-cutting exercise.

This supposedly resulted in redundancy notices being handed out to three valued club officials.

However, it was also claimed in the post that the board had not, as yet, ratified the supposed redundancies making the handing out of any such notices sound incomprehensible and highly unlikely.

Leicester City appeared to act promptly and the story was withdrawn by various sites although it did remain for several hours on Talking Balls until being voluntarily withdrawn by the subsidiary poster at lunchtime.

Apart from the alleged redundancies the post referred to extraordinary claims relating to the team and to other personalities in and around the club, a copy of which has been retained by us

Vitalfootball Leicester City sought to clarify the situation with Leicester City chief executive Tim Davies but, by 1-30pm, had not received a reply.

Click Club Forums, click 100% football for fans chat. Posters can now win monthly prizes for their contributions.

Is Bruin and Bob the same person???? I don't think they are?!?!?

Just thought I'd post something completely and utterly untrue about LCFC and see what action they take - " The match-day catering is run superbly and represents excellent value for money ".

Babylon said:
Thracian on vital football....

A post originally placed by the respected Fox Fanzine contributor 'Bob Hazell' and later replicated on Talking Balls and Foxestalk claimed that a new assistant to Tim Davies had conducted a cost-cutting exercise.

Is Bruin and Bob the same person???? I don't think they are?!?!?

Now that is slanderous........:icon_lol:

webmaster said:
Ths is probably an appropriate time to remind people that they can be traced from their IP address, and everyone is responsible for their own posts.

But don't forget that it won't absolve you, nor indeed the board providers, of all responsibility in the matter.

NB I'm not saying this because I think you should take anything down because I don't think you should. As far as I know (and I do know) what is contained in the posting is question os substantially true and any small inaccuracies are insignificantly so.

bocadillo said:
I'm not saying this because I think you should take anything down because I don't think you should.

i bet webbo is pleased about that :icon_lol:

Aha RS, the advertising industry shows us every day that it's perfectly permissible to make grossly untrue statements as long as they err on the side of mindless triumphalism (like how football people never object to exaggeration of positives, but jump down the throat os anyone who suggests something is bad).

Real Sharapova said:
Just thought I'd post something completely and utterly untrue about LCFC and see what action they take - " The match-day catering is run superbly and represents excellent value for money ".

.....and the catering staff are all black-belt 5th Dan Customer Service Ninja's who's only desire is to make you happy and contented by being so polite, courteous and accurate.

Last edited:
Real Sharapova said:

Quite brilliant!! :icon_bigg :icon_bigg :038: :038: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

bocadillo said:
But don't forget that it won't absolve you, nor indeed the board providers, of all responsibility in the matter.

As I understand it my responsibility would be to remove libelous content as soon as I'm made aware of it. As far as I know nothing in this thread is libelous.

Be interested to know what you mean by 'board providers'.

Dunc said:
Havign spoken to my lawyer g/friend, she doesn't seem to think its libelous anyway and its just a scare tactic.

How could she possibly say that without knowing if any or all of it is true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711
8Tottenham 610
9Brentford710