Where are the big signings?

Are more signings needed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's nothing to do with a transfer window, that's the date when many players become free agents.

It has something to do with the transfer window as it is the day that the transfers done prior to July 1st go through and the players officialy become members of their new club.

:bang:

The date contracts end is not the same thing as a transfer window.

Obviously not, but boht of these things happen on the 1st of July so they have something in common, I think there will be much more transfer activity when the transfer window opens.

I think there will be much more transfer activity when the transfer window opens.

:bang: :bang:

How many times do people have to be told?

The transfer window does not open on July 1st. Clubs can buy players as soon as the season ends. The significance July 1st has is due to players contracts expiring at the end of June, NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TRANSFER WINDOW, WHICH IS ALREADY OPEN.

:bang: :bang:

How many times do people have to be told?

The transfer window does not open on July 1st. Clubs can buy players as soon as the season ends. The significance July 1st has is due to players contracts expiring at the end of June, NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TRANSFER WINDOW, WHICH IS ALREADY OPEN.

The transfer window definetly opens on July the 1st it is a know fact throughout football. Deals can be agreed before the deadline but the players will not join there new club until July the 1st. The table on here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window even shows that the transfer window opens on July the 1st.

The transfer window definetly opens on July the 1st it is a know fact throughout football. Deals can be agreed before the deadline but the players will not join there new club until July the 1st. The table on here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window even shows that the transfer window opens on July the 1st.

Are you trying to wind me up?

The table on that Wikipedia page says "midnight last day of the season - 31 August". So for once Wikipedia has something right.

You could also look it up in the official Premier League rules. I know we're not in the Premier League but the Football League rules are the same.
http://www.premierleague.com/staticFiles/7a/20/0,,12306~139386,00.pdf

Section M:
"The first Transfer Window in any year shall commence at midnight on the last day of the season and shall end on 31st August next if a Working Day or, if not, on the first Working Day thereafter, at a time to be determined by the Board."

Are you trying to wind me up?

The table on that Wikipedia page says "midnight last day of the season - 31 August". So for once Wikipedia has something right.

You could also look it up in the official Premier League rules. I know we're not in the Premier League but the Football League rules are the same.
http://www.premierleague.com/staticFiles/7a/20/0,,12306~139386,00.pdf

Section M:
"The first Transfer Window in any year shall commence at midnight on the last day of the season and shall end on 31st August next if a Working Day or, if not, on the first Working Day thereafter, at a time to be determined by the Board."

No I was being deadly serious, I always thought it was July the 1st when the window opened. Football Manager has not helped me here as all the transfers go through on July 1st so that also made me think it opened on the 1st. I stand corrected sorry. You learn something new everyday.

No I was being deadly serious, I always thought it was July the 1st when the window opened. Football Manager has not helped me here as all the transfers go through on July 1st so that also made me think it opened on the 1st. I stand corrected sorry. You learn something new everyday.

No, you stick by Football Manager. Has it identified any great signings that you could maybe let Nige know about?

No, you stick by Football Manager. Has it identified any great signings that you could maybe let Nige know about?

I know many people mock fans who recommend players based on football manager, but you must remember that Everton actually rate it highly as a scouting tool and actually signed a deal to get an early look at the database.

But yeah, **** everyone who plays it, they're all obviously idiots for suggesting players you've never heard of...

Mandys comments in tonights Mockery once again fuels my suspicion that he wont be splashing the cash.

Can you do me a favour this year, and just as you are about to start coming out with the "we're doomed, we're fecked" shite again give me a warning. I predict any day soon.

I know many people mock fans who recommend players based on football manager, but you must remember that Everton actually rate it highly as a scouting tool and actually signed a deal to get an early look at the database.

But yeah, **** everyone who plays it, they're all obviously idiots for suggesting players you've never heard of...

Football manager have scouts all over the world at it is quite an acuarate database. ok the potential side of it may be a bit floored but the current ability is not a bad estimate.

Yeah I have actually, just to let you know there is a few youngsters that I have heard about on fm who have then became very good in real life, Vincent Kompany, Mahamadou Sakho and Anthony Vanden Borre just to name a few.

Yeah I have actually, just to let you know there is a few youngsters that I have heard about on fm who have then became very good in real life, Vincent Kompany, Mahamadou Sakho and Anthony Vanden Borre just to name a few.

I think your definition of "very good" may be different to mine....

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46