Where are the big signings?

Are more signings needed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's the £200,000 a week wages that stopped us signing him. All our stars like Worley, Hayes, Logan etc would expect the same money as they're only on half that much at the moment.

More to the point, with Hayes, Gradel, Leroy and Dyer on the books it would be a lot to spend on a player just to stick him in the ressies.

More to the point, with Hayes, Gradel, Leroy and Dyer on the books it would be a lot to spend on a player just to stick him in the ressies.

Not to mention the lad from Lincoln.... Let Madrid have him.

Probably a Cox in and a Cox out in quick succession - no need to get so excited unless it happens repeatedly and at an ever increasing frequency.

All a little premature if you ask me, diagnosis could be the two pump squirt squirt syndrome.

Anyone glanced at todays Mockery yet:102:

The sports headlines are translated to be " following the Burnley blueprint "

In my years of following club and its antics, i would suggest that Mandy is sending a message to the supporters about any substantial signings.

Basically we wont be splashing the cash.

OK if we go on the Burnley blueprint idea we could be in the premiership in another 32 years WOOT.

In my years of following club and its antics, i would suggest that Mandy is sending a message to the supporters about any substantial signings.

The article's the opinion of a lecturar at Leicester University......:icon_roll

Just done some research Burnley spent £3 million last summer.

Last edited:

The article's the opinion of a lecturar at Leicester University......:icon_roll

Just done some research Burnley spent £3 million last summer.

Like i say, there is more than one way to get the message out.
The last person that is going to admit it, is Mandy himself.

If you think Mandy is going to put his hands in his pockets, then you could well be disappointed :icon_wink

If you think Mandy is going to put his hands in his pockets, then you could well be disappointed :icon_wink

In other words he is not serious about getting City into the PL and it also places Pearson's position at the Club at risk. :icon_conf

You don't have to spend big to do well in this league you have to spend wisely. Pearson has shown he can pick up good players for little or no cash up front and also he uses the loan market well.

What is a big signing? £600,000 for tunchev turned out to be a big signing as did a free transfer for dyer. I'm not too worried at the moment.

Very likely.

Mandy has lost a packet on LCFC - or at least that's the sort of accounting that he will probably have in his mind.

Is he going to chuck a shed load of money at trying to get into the Prem and then cash in or alternatively is he going to be a bit more cagey and hope that Pearson can get us up on the cheap/ sell on a stable championship club?

My guess is that he will play it safe. Still I may be wrong and he could be 'an old man in a hurry'.

Point is the Burnley blueprint still incurs 3 million plus. Coyle's spent in the region of 5million in his management reign.

I think you are reading far too much into it. The Mercury is desperate for something to put on its back page and so turns to a "football academic." at Leicester University. Why Leicester University pays a football academic I don't know since Talking Balls has dozens of them for free.
Today they have found someone who used to play with Chris Weale. Desperate times indeed for the back page.

If we get promoted then I for one won't care if we did it by splashing the cash or not. Spending millions on players is no guarantee for success - for all their money, QPR are hardly a force to be reckoned with at the moment.

People seem to confuse substantial or quality signings with big money signings - you don't necessarily need to spend big money to get a quality player.

If we get promoted then I for one won't care if we did it by splashing the cash or not. Spending millions on players is no guarantee for success - for all their money, QPR are hardly a force to be reckoned with at the moment.

People seem to confuse substantial or quality signings with big money signings - you don't necessarily need to spend big money to get a quality player.

True! i bet there are many players in low divisions and non league that are better than some of the players in the top flights the only difference being they didnt get the break.

True! i bet there are many players in low divisions and non league that are better than some of the players in the top flights the only difference being they didnt get the break.

Or foreign divisions, for example - Tunchev. If he'd being playing for a Champ/Prem club he probably would have cost a damn sight more than we got him for. In fact, it's highly likely we wouldn't have got him in the first place. The most important thing is having a good scouting network and enough money to be able to make sensible purchases, and I believe we have those things.

What do you expect them to do?

Well as journalists, if there is currently no direct ''LCFC'' ''hot'' news then asking some boffin at Leicester Uni in itself is not terrible, but perhaps a little more research and comparisons of costs -V- success of similar sized clubs with similar ambitions to ours.

Just in case they are feeling lazy, i could send them a list?

:icon_wink:023:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00