Where are the big signings?

Are more signings needed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are reading far too much into it. The Mercury is desperate for something to put on its back page and so turns to a "football academic." at Leicester University. Why Leicester University pays a football academic I don't know since Talking Balls has dozens of them for free.
Today they have found someone who used to play with Chris Weale. Desperate times indeed for the back page.

The club imo uses the Mockery for its propaganda tool. It feeds the paper in return for reasonably positive headlines, hence when the club hits bad times the Mockery never calls for the managers head.
The Mockery is different to the national papers in the sense that too my knowledge it does not deal in wild speculation. Most of what they report is factual or at least relevant ( not counting billys old matchday reports) .

The links between the two organizations are cosy to say the least, so i would not be surprised in the least that the actual words quoted from this unknown source are actually a mirror image of a certain gentleman that runs a football club.

Of course i could be talking bollox, but until i see one or two noteworthy signings i'll remain believing that Mandy and the club have no intention of any significant transfer activity.

i would not be surprised in the least that the actual words quoted from this unknown source are actually a mirror image of a certain gentleman that runs a football club.

It's not an unknown source, it's John Williams. He's a well known football researcher and has had lots of stuff published, and is regularly asked for quotes by the local media.
I think he's a Liverpool fan.

he is going to be cautious, our last season in this division we lost around 16 million if I remember right. I expect our losses in league one were at least 5 million.

He will allow pearson to bring in freebies and loanees, I expect we will make 7 figure bids for players we know we wont get to generate good PR for club aka cox bid.

If in january we in the top 6 I expect MM will take a risk. But this doesnt mean we in for a dissapointing season, I think the team is certianly good enough for mid table and with the right signings can be pushing for playoffs.

The transfer window opens in a couple of weeks and the players also return to pre season training soon, I think that is when we will start to see some transfer activity.

The transfer window opens in a couple of weeks and the players also return to pre season training soon, I think that is when we will start to see some transfer activity.

i can't wait.....

Why dont they use a transfer door, surely it would be easier to get through, even though its only a transfer.

It's not an unknown source, it's John Williams. He's a well known football researcher and has had lots of stuff published, and is regularly asked for quotes by the local media.
I think he's a Liverpool fan.

You're right on all points.

There is no door of opportunity? :102:

Why not because if opportunity comes knocking then it would make more sense to knock on a door as opposed to a window. I think Haribo Foxes answer is more feasible because its true most windows are seethrough whereas the majority of doors are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00