Where did it all go right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AND that just shows how bad a manager Sven is. He treated us like he was playing championship manager and trebled the owners investment in doing so.

Agreed Sven went and spent money unwisely, and agree with those that say Mills was dogshite. To be fair to Sven he did probably know Mills from his Man City days. Although excessive, I am probably not alone in thinking Mills was a great buy at the time.

Agreed Sven went and spent money unwisely, and agree with those that say Mills was dogshite. To be fair to Sven he did probably know Mills from his Man City days. Although excessive, I am probably not alone in thinking Mills was a great buy at the time.

Mills was overhyped in the media when we signed him after a couple of impressive displays on tv. I was happy when we signed him initially until I looked at a Reading forum and they were all over the moon that a player a lot of them thought was poor and they'd wasted money on had gone for such a ridiculous amount of money.

I thought it was just bitterness at him leaving but ultimately it proved to be truthful. I don't think Mills has ever been a very good player at this level and was a step down from the likes of Jack Hobbs, Wayne Brown and Michael Morrison were a season or so beforehand, despite those 3 costing about £500k between them as opposed to £5mil.

It just shows how much the media can hype players based on one or two performances (*cough* Will Hughes *cough*) and also how much better our transfer policy has been under NP in comparison to any post-MON management team.

I actually think Mills may have been the worst signing we ever made, at least Akinbiyi was bad at Premier League level.

I actually think Mills may have been the worst signing we ever made, at least Akinbiyi was bad at Premier League level.
If you're thinking in terms of ability divided by transfer fee, then yes, Mills is certainly one of the worst if not the absolute worst signing we've ever made.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Terry Robinson. I know there's a fair chunk of last seasons Pee Stain haters who think our success is all down to Robinson.

I wouldn't be foolish enough to argue that he was the main reason but I think it's reasonable to judge his appointment as a good one. The finances of the squad being taken away from NP is no bad thing. Likewise, the evolution of the development squad is a positive this season.

Yes, but we all know that they are complete idiots

:039:

I wouldn't be foolish enough to argue that he was the main reason but I think it's reasonable to judge his appointment as a good one. The finances of the squad being taken away from NP is no bad thing. Likewise, the evolution of the development squad is a positive this season.

:039:

I believe so. Embarrassing, isn't it?

Yes, 5.5 million wasn't it?

for me the five key games this season have been

Middlesbrough 1 Leicester 2 - to come from behind on the first day must have been a confident boost
Watford 0 Leicester 3 - finally putting that one to bed especially with Knockaert scoring
QPR 0 Leicester 1 - the start of our great run
Leicester 4 Derby 1 - our best performance of the season without question against a team in the best form in the league at the time
Burnley 0 Leicester 2 - the game that all but sealed our promotion

Other games worth a mention are leeds away, Bournemouth away, Watford at home and Blackpool at home

Cracking tunnel cam video on the official channel on YouTube showing Pearson's more human side.

Pity that slap on Mattocks cheek wasn't harder!

Cracking tunnel cam video on the official channel on YouTube showing Pearson's more human side.

Andrew Neville has got a nasty cough after his Himalayan adventure.

Has anyone mentioned the touchline ban that encouraged NP to sit in the stands. seems that his being next to steve walsh has led to good decisions being made regarding tactical changes during games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669