Who Booed Lennon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO he wanted to follow MON, and fair play to him. He should've been the one allowed to score that 'free' goal at the start of the game as a sign of respect for all the hard work and quality he gave our team back in the day. The man is, and always will be, a Leicester Legend.

they couldnt allow him to score the free goal, purely because the bookies would have had odds on him... the goalkeeper was the only player with no odds from the bookies.

He was a Celtic fan growing up in Northern Ireland and a big supporter of Martin O'Neill. It was a difficult decision for him and I am reliably informed that he took a pay cut to go to Celtic (after Elsom and Twatlor had offered him a fortune to stay). In the end he went with his heart and I don't blame him for that.

I appreciated what he did for us, but he is no longer relevant to where we are and our future.

He signed a contract with us shortly before leaving to hike his pay packet up at Celtic. They could not match that but they certainly bettered his previous pay packet by a long way. He did take a drop in wages, but from a wage he was only drawing for a short time.

He signed a contract with us shortly before leaving to hike his pay packet up at Celtic. They could not match that but they certainly bettered his previous pay packet by a long way. He did take a drop in wages, but from a wage he was only drawing for a short time.

Agreed BG, it was only for a shart time.

He used to live down the road from me in LFE (before I moved to Aberdeen). His daughter used to go to school with my daughter or son (can't remember which) but his partner got fed up with his shenanigins and went back to Manchester.

Agreed BG, it was only for a shart time.

He used to live down the road from me in LFE (before I moved to Aberdeen). His daughter used to go to school with my daughter or son (can't remember which) but his partner got fed up with his shenanigins and went back to Manchester.

he lived on the David Wilson estate, in one of the big houses just off beggars lane

So you think it was nice of him to play under PT and not give a flying feck and not give his all? The cnut was wearing a blue city shirt and I would expect 100% from him every game. He didn't do this DID HE? I could not give a flying feck either how much we got for him, it never ended up in my pocket did it? The tosser lived in LFE and he was always having a moan about the club. If he loved us that much why did he go to forest when there was an opening for him here.
You go on clapping him thats up to you. he is just another ex player

I don't think he gave any less under Taylor than he did under MON - I still think he gave 100% - he may not have been as effective, but I think this has more to do with the system that Taylor was playing at the time and the same can be said for most of the other players that were still there.

I never said he loved us, I said he did a hell of a lot for us when he was here. I agree he's irrelevant to our present and future, but not to our past and I think he deserves a modicum of respect for that.

I don't think he gave any less under Taylor than he did under MON - I still think he gave 100% - he may not have been as effective, but I think this has more to do with the system that Taylor was playing at the time and the same can be said for most of the other players that were still there.

I never said he loved us, I said he did a hell of a lot for us when he was here. I agree he's irrelevant to our present and future, but not to our past and I think he deserves a modicum of respect for that.

under PT he never broke sweat.... and like I said before he used to bad mouth the club off a lot. He used to go into the Bulls Head pub on the Hinckley Road and talk to anyone who would listen

I think some people booed him slighlty tongue in cheek. I'm not too sure how many did it with hatred of him being a Forest player.

I booed him tongue in cheek, but he's a decent fella who played well for them last night.

Well done to the Blue Army for a great away night. Best for some time!!

I clapped him and was glad he went off because he was running the midfield, just like he did when we played the Trees last time!

I booed him tongue in cheek, but he's a decent fella who played well for them last night.

My ears aren't quite well tuned enough yet to distinguish between a 'tongue in cheek' boo and a 'real' boo. Maybe that will come with time.
Maybe the pitch of the boo is different or is followed with a jocular chuckle.

where the feck is LFE.
i want to build a shrine :icon_bigg

Leicester Forest East mate. Next to where the services are on the M1 near J21. He had a cracking house down there as well.

Now he has to live in Notts. Not nice for him!!

they couldnt allow him to score the free goal, purely because the bookies would have had odds on him... the goalkeeper was the only player with no odds from the bookies.

Except for an own goal, this would ahve meant the first scorer bets would have counted under the betting rules. As it is no-one will have chosen the goalscorer but lots will have chosen someone else meaning they automatically lose. City could still be in trouble with the gambling crowd IMO.

You're a scumbag if you did!

When Lennon was subbed some Leicester fans started booing him. WHY THE ****. The guy has given us an infinty more, than the damage he could have done to us tonight.

Some fans just don't have a clue.

Scumbag? Very silly choice of words.

Do you think Lennon gives a flying fcuk if Leicester fans boo him? Maybe if he did care about these people who spent 40 hours a week at work to line his pockets while he plodded round a footie field, then he would not have joined a rival team. Not going to get booed then is he?

Leicester fans would not have entered his thoughts when he decided to go for one last huge pay day at Forest, hell, he could have come back here if he wanted to!

Stop treating ex players like they are some kind of god, because, quite frankly, i very much doubt they care what you think, cheered or boooed.

Scumbag? Very silly choice of words.

Do you think Lennon gives a flying fcuk if Leicester fans boo him? Maybe if he did care about these people who spent 40 hours a week at work to line his pockets while he plodded round a footie field, then he would not have joined a rival team. Not going to get booed then is he?

Leicester fans would not have entered his thoughts when he decided to go for one last huge pay day at Forest, hell, he could have come back here if he wanted to!

Stop treating ex players like they are some kind of god, because, quite frankly, i very much doubt they care what you think, cheered or boooed.

Treating 'ex players like they are some kind of god'. Where the **** do I explicitly or implicitly say that???

I don't understand why he should be booed, that's all!
I can understand why people don't want to applud him, fair enough. But booing Lennon more than any other Forest player is absurd.

Booing (or cheering) any ex-player usually ends up in us being bitten on the arse anyway. Which is why I do neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669