Who For The Hot Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's well known that MM wanted Warnock at Portsmouth, it was well publicised at the time.
But Warnock turned him down.

If Warnock didn't want to work for MM in the Premiership, why whould he want to do so in the Championship?

Would Warnock not regret going to Portsmouth, and think he could make amends by coming to us. I know it's a different league but he might think the road is paved with gold?

Last edited:
well milan wont be making a choice for a bit as he is in USA

I take you back to the original Constitution, which clearly states:

Article 49b (iii): Thou shalt not appoint a Wanker on a Wednesday.

I would be delighted with the appointment of Warnock, he has a proven record at this level, is passionate, demands the highest standards from his players, will shake up the current squad and has a decent record in the transfer market.

He is also held in high regard by Mandaric, who offered him the job at Pompey but by my recollection the reason Warnock turned the job down was not down to not wanting to work with Milan but because of the position Sheffield United were in and his desire to lead them to the top flight.

I know he can be a right cooont but his no nonsense attitude and his experience of this division is just what this club needs, I couldn't give a feck what he said about us 5 years ago, the guy shoots from the hip and says what he believes and yes sometimes he makes a twat of himself but I would rather have that type of individual in charge and be fighting for the play offs than the soulless shite we have endured for the past 3 seasons.

Give him a chance.

Well Radio Leicester seem to think its going to be Warnock. Sources close to the club reckon a deal is close to being completed they report!

I would be delighted with the appointment of Warnock, he has a proven record at this level, is passionate, demands the highest standards from his players, will shake up the current squad and has a decent record in the transfer market.
sorry a-z but i've got to disagree-warnock has made some terrible signings for large amounts of money (well for a team like us) played them a few times then never again-horsefield, ifill, akinbiyi etc-its nor surprise that sheffield united have a huge squad, because he's signed so many players who play a couple of times and never get a look in.

sorry a-z but i've got to disagree-warnock has made some terrible signings for large amounts of money (well for a team like us) played them a few times then never again-horsefield, ifill, akinbiyi etc-its nor surprise that sheffield united have a huge squad, because he's signed so many players who play a couple of times and never get a look in.

Every manager makes mistakes when signing players even Wenger, Fergie and Moriniuho (Sp) have been guilty of making massive errors of judgement when signing players. For every Horsefield, Akinbiyi and Ifill there is a Paddy Kenny, Colin Kazim - Richards, Steve Kabba, Leigh Bromby, Derek Geary and many more who have been plucked from the lower leagues or reserve team football and been successful.

Last edited:
Every manager makes mistakes when signing players even Wenger, Fergie and Moriniuho (Sp) have been guilty of making massive errors of judgement when signing players. For every Horsefield, Akinbiyi and Ifill there is a Paddy Kenny, Colin Kazim - Richards, Steve Kabba, Leigh Bromby, Derek Geary and many more who have been plucked from the lower leagues or reserve team football and been successful.
paddy kenny is the only decent player in that list

Seeing as Scunny are likely to sell him for 2m+ this summer, it looks like a fairly shit decision to me...

Warnock got in so many players at SheFF Utd it was inevitable he would get some decent ones,he also got in a large amount of shite

Current Sheff Utd squad - 37 players and 6 out on loan.

Current LCFC squad - 25 players, and that includes those out of contract this summer and all the kids.

Colin W = massive transfer merry-go-round! At least it will be interesting...

I will support the appointment MM makes..... Whoever it is.....

i have to agree with you al. the only problem is i like many, have torn warnock a new asshole verbally. i dont like the guy and while on holiday ( just got back from cyprus ) the whole pub cheered when sheff utd went down. do we really want a manager that is that hated running our club.i like to think most neutralls admire our club for what we have done in the past, i just think warnock would change the image of the club in a negative way.

as for a new manager my choice would be someone who has had a good career playing, well liked and ambitious. roy keane is a typical example of course so i wouldnt rule out ince and coleman they will attract good players.but going back to what al has said i will stand by mm decision. :icon_wink

i have to agree with you al. the only problem is i like many, have torn warnock a new asshole verbally. i dont like the guy and while on holiday ( just got back from cyprus ) the whole pub cheered when sheff utd went down. do we really want a manager that is that hated running our club.i like to think most neutralls admire our club for what we have done in the past, i just think warnock would change the image of the club in a negative way.

as for a new manager my choice would be someone who has had a good career playing, well liked and ambitious. roy keane is a typical example of course so i wouldnt rule out ince and coleman they will attract good players.but going back to what al has said i will stand by mm decision. :icon_wink
tbh biff i couldn't care less what neutrals think of our club! (though don't get me wrong i don't want colin!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669