Who Goes, Who Stays? Championship Here We Come!....

It's painstakingly obvious that whoever is dishing out these contracts, negotiations, player recruitment choices, managerial appointments etc., must leave this club.

I assume this is Rudkin. How can Top be so damn blind?

Two year contract at £80k a week = £8.3m basic salary. He was on £44k a week at Southampton. This deal absolutely and positively didn't have anything to do with him running an agency with Rodgers' son.

He started 9 games with 2 more as sub. Only 4 PL appearances (we didn't win any of them) and his last game was Dec 2021 at Liverpool in the LC when he came off the bench after an hour when we were leading 3-1. Fittingly, his final contribution was missing the penalty that gave Liverpool (kids) the win.

He's got a winners medal from the Community Shield though so he'll go down as a legend I expect.
We nearly doubled his wages after walloping them 9-0.

We deserved to get relegated for this bunch of utter dickheads.

Am I the only one who didn’t have a clue who the headline was referencing?

Youri Tielemans has already announced the end of his time at City while Caglar Soyuncu’s move to Atletico Madrid has been confirmed by their manager Diego Simeone. Joining them in saying goodbye are Papy Mendy, Daniel Amartey, Tete, Ryan Bertrand, and Ayoze Perez. The seven players collectively joined City for more than £100m, but leave for nothing.

Maddison & Barnes are very likely to join the 7, whilst Evans is in talks for a new contract.

If it were down to me the contract talks with Evans would be ****ing short.

" You take a player/coach role, a massive pay cut & prove you can play at least 25 games in the season.

& you announce your permanent ****ing retirement from international football TODAY.

Otherwise, there's the door. If you think you can get a better offer than this elsewhere sunshine, give it a ****ing go "

I'm pretty sure there must be plenty of injury prone mid 30s CBs available to a championship club if that's what we seem to have set our hearts on.

Jesus ****.

Sack everyone involved FFS

" You take a player/coach role, a massive pay cut & prove you can play at least 25 games in the season.

& you announce your permanent ****ing retirement from international football TODAY.

Otherwise, there's the door. If you think you can get a better offer than this elsewhere sunshine, give it a ****ing go "

I'm pretty sure there must be plenty of injury prone mid 30s CBs available to a championship club if that's what we seem to have set our hearts on.

Jesus ****.

Bad night’s sleep, GUAW ? :icon lol:

Bad night’s sleep, GUAW ? :icon lol:
Nope. Just a bit depressed that no heads are seemingly going to roll & everything seems set to just carry on as before. Almost as if nothing has happened. When clearly to anyone with half a brain the entire organism needs to be torched & the corpse launched into space.

Kind of how I expect to feel 6 months after the next general election really.

Nope. Just a bit depressed that no heads are seemingly going to roll & everything seems set to just carry on as before. Almost as if nothing has happened. When clearly to anyone with half a brain the entire organism needs to be torched & the corpse launched into space.

Kind of how I expect to feel 6 months after the next general election really.
Yep, but given that we seemed to dribble towards relegation, just hoping that things would work out for us, it’s not a surprise really.

Yep, but given that we seemed to dribble towards relegation, just hoping that things would work out for us, it’s not a surprise really.
Oh absolutely. It's just so glaringly obvious that without systemic change we're just going to do **** all. Glaringly obvious to anyone except them.

Do we have to do a ****ing Sunderland before anything changes or what ? I'm dreading everything to be honest.

re Evans, they're perhaps just talking. There's a raft of reasons why Evans might want to stay (other than dosh); maybe he's settled, done an honest self assessment of where he's at in his career etc. The club will know too well his injury record. It's possible Evans has let known his desire to stay and the options are being discussed. Evans might be happy to take a much reduced wage. Don't assume a new deal is an extension of the old one.

re Evans, they're perhaps just talking. There's a raft of reasons why Evans might want to stay (other than dosh); maybe he's settled, done an honest self assessment of where he's at in his career etc. The club will know too well his injury record. It's possible Evans has let known his desire to stay and the options are being discussed. Evans might be happy to take a much reduced wage. Don't assume a new deal is an extension of the old one.
Oh I'm not.

To be honest, if there was any player at the club who expected any deal to be an extension of his old one I'd want him out of the place on the grounds of being too ****ing thick to play for us !

Jesus ****.

For example, Jamal Lascelles.

You know, since you've been here, you've been sensible, measured, eloquent, logical.....

That kind of shit isn't tolerated here.

Oh I'm not.

To be honest, if there was any player at the club who expected any deal to be an extension of his old one I'd want him out of the place on the grounds of being too ****ing thick to play for us !

Not Evans. He's smart.

Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 18.30.16.png

But if Rudkin speaks first, it's the same deal going forward.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4464
9Middlesbro4564
10Preston 4463