who is coming in???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine Kelly will be in charge for the cup match and the match against QPR at least. If we get anything from ether game then I reckon he will get the job for a bit.

Come on Cotterill

Steve is the best candidate for the job if at all possible. An excellent manager who has proven himself everywhere (exceot Sunderland and Wilkinson). From his Wimbledon roots he knows what to do to get the spirit we need, he's excelent in this division and the players would like him I reckon - I know they did when he joined Adams a few seasons back....

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
No chance and no thank you really.

We dont want Cotterill and we couldnt afford to get him.

Eh? Don't agree on either point, why you say that Pontus?

PONTUS KAAMARK said:
No chance and no thank you really.

We dont want Cotterill and we couldnt afford to get him.

We were told often enough by many a poster that we could not afford to sack CL. :rolleyes:

alex said:
Eh? Don't agree on either point, why you say that Pontus?

Another long ball Johnny

We have no money to pay compensation to anyone currently in a job

homer said:
Another long ball Johnny

Many thought MON was the same. I think he has just always played to strengths.

Cotterill unhappy at Burnley apparently. At least he knows how to put some organisation into a team.
Martin Allen might be a good outside bet if we could get him.
No way Bassett and no way Reid. Complete moneybagging fraudsters the both of them!

He ia young though. Give him saturday to see what he can do. still he's only my third choice.

homer said:
Another long ball Johnny

I think he just plays to the strengths of the players at his disposal, give him a more talented squad of players and I am sure we would see a fair bit of football, anyway IMO we need somebody to come in and toughen this side up, Cotterill, Brian Little, Billy Davies or Mark McGhee for me, if we could afford.

I am intrigued by Bob Hazells suggestion of Lennon for player coach, that would be fantastic, is that a hint of what might be Bob ?

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I think he just plays to the strengths of the players at his disposal, give him a more talented squad of players and I am sure we would see a fair bit of football, anyway IMO we need somebody to come in and toughen this side up, Cotterill, Brian Little, Billy Davies or Mark McGhee for me, if we could afford.

I am intrigued by Bob Hazells suggestion of Lennon for player coach, that would be fantastic, is that a hint of what might be Bob ?

Bob usually has his finger on the pulse. However if Coterill is willing to walk on Burnley it would seem a done deal???

homer said:
Another long ball Johnny

to be honest I could not give a flying feck if its long ball or not as long as we win.
I would rather we play bad boring football and win 8 on the trot, than fancy dan stuff and lose. Winning is everything.....

Boy Genius said:
to be honest I could not give a flying feck if its long ball or not as long as we win.
I would rather we play bad boring football and win 8 on the trot, than fancy dan stuff and lose. Winning is everything.....

I thought Burnley played some decent stuff against us in the second half at the Walkers, and they were by far and away the better side at Turf Moor, Cotterill gets his teams playing effective football and is by far and away a better tactican than Levein. Would be a superb appointment IMO.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I thought Burnley played some decent stuff against us in the second half at the Walkers, and they were by far and away the better side at Turf Moor, Cotterill gets his teams playing effective football and is by far and away a better tactican than Levein. Would be a superb appointment IMO.

and Burnley have already done the double over us....

fleckneyfox said:
nice idea,
but we need proven experience to save us know.

Don't laugh :icon_roll but why not Jim Smith. Loads of experience and might be just the type of bloke we need to see us through this season.

Brauny Blue said:
Don't laugh :icon_roll but why not Jim Smith. Loads of experience and might be just the type of bloke we need to see us through this season.
Not sure he has the passion he once had for the game, but that is just my opinion.

Brauny Blue said:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: stop messing about brauny

bocadillo said:
Peter Reid and gary Mac on fixed term contracts until the end of the season.

BTW I am able to confirm that Gary Mac's wife is very much alive despite what it said in The Scotsman. She is in full remission.

That's good news about Mrs Mac.

Not so sure its good news about Reid and Mr Mac. Heard from several people that Davies denied that Reid would be appointed last night but.... :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669