Who will be next...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd ask O'Neill and Di Matteo first. They are the least likely to say yes (Di Matteo in particular) but whilst both are available both should be offered the chance to enter negotiations.

Below those two I'd have a shortlist of McCarthy, McDermott, Warnock, and Coppell. Both have won this league in recent years and all would be an improvement on what we have currently. Approaching McCarthy or Warnock would probably have to wait until the end of the season given they're employed already so we'd need either an interim boss for a few weeks or to stick with what we have and accept the season is over.

I'd ask O'Neill and Di Matteo first. They are the least likely to say yes (Di Matteo in particular) but whilst both are available both should be offered the chance to enter negotiations.

Below those two I'd have a shortlist of McCarthy, McDermott, Warnock, and Coppell. Both have won this league in recent years and all would be an improvement on what we have currently. Approaching McCarthy or Warnock would probably have to wait until the end of the season given they're employed already so we'd need either an interim boss for a few weeks or to stick with what we have and accept the season is over.

Jebus Christ, McCarthy and Warnock?

Who do you want as the next manager. Name your man here.

For me I would love O'Neill back but I don't think he would even consider it.

I would also give Neil Lennon a chance but would he come?

Other than these two I really can't think of anyone.

Help!

We've got more chance of getting Martin O'Neill than Lennon. I know Scottish football is sub par but he's managing a club at Champion's League level. There is absolutely no way he'd drop to the Championship

Michael Appleton

Why does everyone think so highly of Michael Appleton. He's not done anything. Ok he had a terrible situation at Pompey but he performed no miracles. He then went to Blackpool and did nothing there before walking out on them go to Blackburn where he did nothing again.

We've got more chance of getting Martin O'Neill than Lennon. I know Scottish football is sub par but he's managing a club at Champion's League level. There is absolutely no way he'd drop to the Championship
They are not 'Champions League level'. They beat Barcelona once. That doesn't make them Champions League material. Next season they'll go back to normal and struggle to qualify.

Why does everyone think so highly of Michael Appleton. He's not done anything. Ok he had a terrible situation at Pompey but he performed no miracles. He then went to Blackpool and did nothing there before walking out on them go to Blackburn where he did nothing again.
This. But I think fitz was taking the piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566