Speculation Who's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Weird how Silva seems to be doing quite well for Watford right now yet couldn't really get it going at Hull.. Still it's early days there.

Someone like Pellegrini would be a better short term appointment for us. I think Dyche would be a bit like Pearson, someone you take on to build something over the longer term but may be a bit more risky in the shorter term. Shakespeare IMO would have been like Clough at Derby, sticking with a shit manager when it's painfully obvious he's not up to the standard because everyone is telling you how important stability and 'time to build' is. We did the right thing getting rid early, the stupid bit was taking him on permanent in the first place.

Silva did very well with Hull. If he'd had the season, assuming the same points per game ratio from his 22 games in charge, they'd have finished 11th. We really should have gone for him in the summer. His record is excellent.

At 2-1 up Watford then conceded 3 inside 40 mins?

Calm down all, he's not quite all that yet.

I’m hoping that today hasn’t given the owners the confidence to take too much time on the managerial choice. We’ve two winnable PL games and one cup game before the next international break, I’d like whoever was coming in to have those matches to start looking at the team. And as others have said jobs in Merseyside and east London may well also be coming up shortly.

I’m hoping that today hasn’t given the owners the confidence to take too much time on the managerial choice. We’ve two winnable PL games and one cup game before the next international break, I’d like whoever was coming in to have those matches to start looking at the team. And as others have said jobs in Merseyside and east London may well also be coming up shortly.

Dream on. The old guard have scraped a win against a shit side.

Normal service to be resumed in 6 games

Whoever is interested in us can watch the same dodgy streams we do, or just ring the ticket office and say 'Luis Enrique' here, 'have you a spare ticket for next three games please?'.

A vital result, but am I the only one who didn't think the performance was any better than last week's against West Brom?

You seem disappointed we won. That three points was absolutely vital.

Indeed, absolutely vital.

Unlike many though I'm not letting this band of pretenders fool me into thinking it's anything but a temporary revival before they fall back to being completely garbage, just like last time.

Unfortunately it seems we have to constantly sack managers to get the ****ers going.

Indeed, absolutely vital.

Unlike many though I'm not letting this band of pretenders fool me into thinking it's anything but a temporary revival before they fall back to being completely garbage, just like last time.

Unfortunately it seems we have to constantly sack managers to get the ****ers going.
Maybe we need to try appointing the right person 'to get the ****ers going'.
I always thought a manager was integral to this part of the game.

Maybe we need to try appointing the right person 'to get the ****ers going'.
I always thought a manager was integral to this part of the game.

Like the bloke they all asked for and bitched about losing?

Attitude is key and unfortunately some of these lot have a bad one.

Hope I'm wrong but I see some players who need shipping out.

A vital result, but am I the only one who didn't think the performance was any better than last week's against West Brom?

Seriously ?

I admit that Swansea were a complete embarrassment compared to West Brom, but we were a mile away from the shameful display on Monday

In the cold light of day we beat a totally shit team, and beat them well - although we should have won by much much more than one goal

Pity they couldn't be arsed to do it until their mate got sacked

Who are these crap players with the wrong attitude that some people want shipped out?

Do they include Schmeichel, Morgan, Huth, Simpson, Mahrez, Okazaki, Albrighton, N'Didi, Iborra, Maguire, Chillwell, Fuchs, Gray, Iheanacho and Vardy?

This cancer in the squad is obviously very deep-rooted.

Like the bloke they all asked for and bitched about losing?

Attitude is key and unfortunately some of these lot have a bad one.

Hope I'm wrong but I see some players who need shipping out.
The person you want to manage you is very often not the ideal in terms of output but unfortunately we as people don't always think rationally. People get too comfortable and complacent. A good manager commands respect and isn't too familiar with the players. I guarantee that the majority of these players would think they were giving their all. Unfortunately, the dynamics between the manager and players has been wrong and this in itself has created behaviours and mindsets not condusive to a good football team. Yesterday the players were in a position where their mate had gone and their options were to fight or flight. Thankfully they chose the former.

The backcloth to identifying a new manager is that the squad has ability and can turn it on when it suits them. The previous manager wasn't up to the mark and couldn't get them playing to anywhere near their potential either as individuals or collectively. We are very light on quality midfielders but I don't believe that is the biggest problem and clearly the formation doesn't work too bad when the players decide to put in a shift. If the owners get the manager appointment right then we should be fine, but they need to recruit and exit players with a mind to improving the attitude of the squad.

No, I thought the same. In fact, I could almost be tempted to say we were better last week. At least at times. Simply because WBA were a more organised and solid opposition, particularly defensively. They made us work harder. Swansea rolled over in the first half.

I'm not all doom and gloom though. As with the game against WBA, there were positive signs. I'm thinking particularly of Iborra, both his play and his influence. I'm eager to see what Silva will bring. With those two in midfield and a brand new manager with new ideas, I'm optimistic.

With a bit of pruning and reshaping I think we'll come good. It won't take much but it will require an experienced and strong headed manager to do it.

Who are these crap players with the wrong attitude that some people want shipped out?

Do they include Schmeichel, Morgan, Huth, Simpson, Mahrez, Okazaki, Albrighton, N'Didi, Iborra, Maguire, Chillwell, Fuchs, Gray, Iheanacho and Vardy?

This cancer in the squad is obviously very deep-rooted.
An excellent post. This completely unfounded rhetoric about bad attitudes, downing tools blah blah blah is just a very easy route through which some fans can vent their anger. It's understandable I suppose but it's also sometimes incredibly embarrassing how easily and swiftly people turn against the players.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't be criticised, of course they should when merited but this constant moaning and groaning about what goes on in the dressing room or behind the scenes even though this is based on spurious rumours, badly written tabloid junk and lazy guess work is all too often trotted out without any evidence whatsoever. The reasons behind some of our poorer performances run much, much deeper than 'they can't be arsed' or 'they want their mate in charge'. It's much more psychological and you could see that when the Swansea goal went in. There was a fear, a kind of panic about losing that suddenly engulfed them. They became haphazard and messy with the simple things, it wasn't anything to do with effort or attitude.

The new man must address this fear of failure if we are to move forward but the fans must play their part in this too which, in all honesty, most do week in week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566