Speculation Who's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he really a big enough name to satisfy what the owners want though?

No. I guess that's why they want a big name this time round.

Some compelling evidence in that article.

My bed is wet.

I don't know anything about Puell before Southampton, what was his record like?

He built Lille and Nice back up into very good sides - his Lille side were supposed to be quite decent to watch and he essentially built their side which won the league and cup double. Couldnt keep Lyon up as the dominant side in Ligue 1 after PSG's money came in but took tgem to the CL semi-final. Generally very positive things I've read from people in France online. What I've read makes me think he's more of a pragmatist than neceserially always a defensive manager by trade.

I actually think he might be decent here, think we just need a steady hand right now who can consolidate us as a mid-table side for a couple of seasons after feeling like we've always been in a relegation battle since the title win.

Certainly think he's a better option than Dyche, Pardew or Coleman.

No doubt but Southampton were already an established team when he came in whereas Puel was known for building young up and coming teams and establishing teams themselves in France.

I think he'd suit our current situation better than Southampton's and their season was hardly horrific last time out.

Not saying he would blow everyone away or we should all get super excited by him, but I'm just not sure why so many are down on him based on one pretty average but not awful season at Southampton. Think he's got potential to do well here personally.

Have to say not dreading the thought of Puel, there are far worse options out there and there may be a few more exciting choices but I think he will be a safe pair of hands and an appointment that could just give us some stability, whilst people point at his disappointing reign at Southampton, finishing 8th and reaching a League Cup Final is far from shabby.

Reminds me a lot of when Ranieri was appointed, not inspiring and not a disaster and look what happened then. Let's give the guy a chance who knows it could be the start of another bright new dawn.

Not sure what to make of Puel, his record is okay even before Southampton but when you read he's quite defensively minded and that Southampton were one of the lowest scorers in the league that season I'm not sure that's the type of manager I'd like to see bought in. Ranieri showed you can be solid defensively whilst still be exciting and threatening in attack.

Better than some of the horrors being mentioned. Would be content with what he achieved at Southampton as long as I don't watch any of it.

So is Puel any good? Better than Dyche? Obviously not in the same league as Pellegrini or Ancelotti?

Well I’m disappointed. I think we’ll see an exodus of the old guard now. I had hoped the right calibre of manager might change the mind of a player like Mahrez that he really wants to move on. I don’t see this appointment doing that. This is underwhelming. Feels like we are making another hasty appointment. Why do we walk into these things with no apparent plan. If this is another fleeting managerial appointment Rudkin will have to go. It is apparent our owners need to keep better counsel.

At least he has managed before. He has that. Just a bit meh. If he does crap over the Christmas period we can at least say it is Puel log.

It's a very odd appointment. Underwhelming? Yes. A disaster? Probably not.

I just can't see him delivering the results that some people think we are capable of because of the way Southampton were setup with him in charge2. I'm not sure we will be any better off with CP and therein lies the problem. Appointing a Dyche or Benitez type manager, although guaranteeing nothing, would make many more confident of an improvement in form and creativity. With CP, I just have a horrible, sinking feeling we may end up being pretty much the same as we are now but I don't know why.

Perhaps I am being very unfair and I don't thinking will be a disaster as I say, I just can't envisage a change in style diverse enough to create any real improvement on the pitch.

I'd love to be wrong.

He's really not for me - but neither was Ranieri when he was appointed

Underwhelmed , but better than Pardew or Coleman which isn't saying much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675