Speculation Who's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a very odd appointment. Underwhelming? Yes. A disaster? Probably not.

I just can't see him delivering the results that some people think we are capable of because of the way Southampton were setup with him in charge2. I'm not sure we will be any better off with CP and therein lies the problem. Appointing a Dyche or Benitez type manager, although guaranteeing nothing, would make many more confident of an improvement in form and creativity. With CP, I just have a horrible, sinking feeling we may end up being pretty much the same as we are now but I don't know why.

Perhaps I am being very unfair and I don't thinking will be a disaster as I say, I just can't envisage a change in style diverse enough to create any real improvement on the pitch.

I'd love to be wrong.
Something is wrong...I agree with you.

As several have said, who thought Ranieri was going to do anything amazing when he joined?

So will Puel want to be their 'mate', or will he 'toss the teacups' and ban chicken nuggets and wedges?

More importantly is he a Keegan 'Just score more goals than they do' guy, or a Pulis 'Park the bus and hope to sneak a penalty or free kick' guy?

We have a look bloody in our way of living room and a lot to be able for the day and the day I will get it done for the day I have to come to the office to see what I have done for my next Sunday so I’ll be back on Friday and then I’ll let him in.

I concocted the above just by picking the middle word on my iPhone over and over. Why? Because I have no words. I hoped it might say something profound or comforting.

He built Lille and Nice back up into very good sides - his Lille side were supposed to be quite decent to watch and he essentially built their side which won the league and cup double. Couldnt keep Lyon up as the dominant side in Ligue 1 after PSG's money came in but took tgem to the CL semi-final. Generally very positive things I've read from people in France online. What I've read makes me think he's more of a pragmatist than neceserially always a defensive manager by trade.

I actually think he might be decent here, think we just need a steady hand right now who can consolidate us as a mid-table side for a couple of seasons after feeling like we've always been in a relegation battle since the title win.

Certainly think he's a better option than Dyche, Pardew or Coleman.

He left Lyon before PSG came into money. He was sacked after fan protests. He'd built expensive teams and was criticised for making them a boring team. It was after Puel's time in charge that Lyon chose a more sustainable model of bringing through their own youth players and a stats-driven moneyball-type transfer policy.

He did well with Lile and Nice, and also at Southampton. But he isn't a man with a reputation for an expansive approach to the game. I'm reasonably happy with the appointment. I think he'll get us good enough results to have us climb towards the top half of the table and we've been playing terrible football anyway so we won't lose out in that regard. I'd have preferred a Rodgers or Wagner myself, and would be happier with Dyche. But Puel will do.

I concocted the above just by picking the middle word on my iPhone over and over. Why? Because I have no words. I hoped it might say something profound or comforting.

I also have no words. So I've just tried the same thing on my phone..

I am sorry to hear that you are not able to get back to me with any news regarding the property I have been looking for tickets not far from the station to get through the barriers to the station in the cPanel interface and the beta version of the day I'll be able to get the train to Leicester and the beta version of the day I'll be able to get the train to Leicester and the beta version of the (repeat ad infinitum)

I also have no words. So I've just tried the same thing on my phone..

I am sorry to hear that you are not able to get back to me with any news regarding the property I have been looking for tickets not far from the station to get through the barriers to the station in the cPanel interface and the beta version of the day I'll be able to get the train to Leicester and the beta version of the day I'll be able to get the train to Leicester and the beta version of the (repeat ad infinitum)
Perhaps that is what this is. The beta version of the day.

I am using the road to the airport on Saturday and Sunday morning so I can get a move to a new one I'll be about for the time to come over to the airport on Saturday and Sunday morning so I can get a move to a new one I'll be about for the time being certainly not the intended recipient you are not the intended recipient you are not the intended recipient you are not the intended recipient you are not the intended recipient

I cannot sit on the fence about this prospect.

So we're going for a manager that was chased out of Southampton in a year after alienating players and fans with a series of bewildering decisions? And from a club that rarely sack managers.

A manager about as opposite in style and approach to the strengths of our squad as it is possible to imagine.

He's about possession and no width. He's about short and slow passing.

I'm utterly lost if this is true. Either I know nothing or this is a kamikaze appointment. It's like the De Boer to Palace decision. Completely insane.

We can look forward to lots of 0-0 games and players trying to get the hell out.

Why Puel? City appear to be intent on self-destruction. Is Rudkin deliberately trying to turn us to shit?

If the intention is a major overhaul of players and tactical approach, so be it. However this is a fecking dangerous thing to be doing part way through the season.

What an incredible gamble. I think it's stupid.

This ends very very badly.
The conclusions I draw are:
1. The owners led by the nose by Rudkin are committed to drastically change the playing style and presumably make big changes in the composition of the squad. Risky but probably the right thing if it doesn't result in a collapse this season.
2. No manager who the fans would consider an exciting choice will touch LCFC with a barge pole. Is this because we are bad news or are fans expectations wildly OTT 0r both?
3. We are right to be underwhelmed.
4. Interesting strategy - but less so if you are a Leicester supporter.

I don't think it necessarily means a drastic change in style, last season and this we have lined up quite defensively with 2 banks of 4 with even Mahrez and Albrighton sitting deep, we just haven't been particularly good at it. Puell might just know how to get us doing it properly.

We have better quality attacking options than he had at Southampton IMO, so hopefully he has the sense to give them a bit of freedom to counter attack regularly.

He wouldn't be my choice, and it is an unambitious choice, but not the worst option in the short term.

I cannot sit on the fence about this prospect.

So we're going for a manager that was chased out of Southampton in a year after alienating players and fans with a series of bewildering decisions? And from a club that rarely sack managers.

A manager about as opposite in style and approach to the strengths of our squad as it is possible to imagine.

He's about possession and no width. He's about short and slow passing.

I'm utterly lost if this is true. Either I know nothing or this is a kamikaze appointment. It's like the De Boer to Palace decision. Completely insane.

We can look forward to lots of 0-0 games and players trying to get the hell out.

Why Puel? City appear to be intent on self-destruction. Is Rudkin deliberately trying to turn us to shit?

If the intention is a major overhaul of players and tactical approach, so be it. However this is a fecking dangerous thing to be doing part way through the season.

What an incredible gamble. I think it's stupid.
Pretty much this.

We should be looking at someone with a decent philosophy to get the best out of a considerable amount of dynamic attacking players.

Silva, Grey, Kalechi, Vardy, Mahrez.

This bloke plays dour football that bores the living shit out of people.

I'm all for style and personell changes but this one is strange imo.

Hopefully wrong, but I feel really unimpressed by this appointment. Having said that, his record at saints is making Pellegrini look a bit shit.

Not at all convinced by Puel. However, I felt the same about Ranieri. If he can guide to a 10th place finish I will be delighted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566