Speculation Winter '13 - Spring '14 Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with Hobbs? And we're not a Premier League club yet. Wasyl's contract might not even get renewed.

Not good enough for a permanent signing, IMO

Wigan and/or Reading sounds about right

As a club with an extremely good chance of playing in the Premiership next season I too would hope we could do better.

Wow, that statement is just aching to bite you on the arse

You mean like announcing on the news/Twitter/club website that a player is yours until the end of the season only for him to leave a week later?

I like Hobbs. Great under Pearson the first time, shit under Sven. Been good for Forest. Depends on the price basically but I think he'd be a good buy... need to sort out a feckin' keeper though!

Maybe just a purchase to ensure the job done?

Also pisses off Forest and King Billy which is more than worthwhile.

haha Billy will certainly be edging closer to that exit door if this does happen.

I think Pearson genuinely rates him as this would be the 3rd time he has signed him and thinks he can make the step up to the Prem.

Wouldn't be disappointed if we did sign him as he was great for us first time round and one of my favourites of the league 1 season.

Wow, that statement is just aching to bite you on the arse

Tell me about it, and you have Hobbs until the end of the season, lucky buggers.

haha Billy will certainly be edging closer to that exit door if this does happen.

I think Pearson genuinely rates him as this would be the 3rd time he has signed him and thinks he can make the step up to the Prem.

Wouldn't be disappointed if we did sign him as he was great for us first time round and one of my favourites of the league 1 season.
Fine, but a league one player is not good enough now that we're preparing for Champions League.

Hobbs would be a decent signing I reckon. A lot of experience for a man his age, captained sides in the past and still has his best years ahead of him.

Not sure he would be a first choice but as a player in the mix he's a massive upgrade on the likes of Whitbread and SSL.

I like Hobbs. Great under Pearson the first time, shit under Sven. Been good for Forest. Depends on the price basically but I think he'd be a good buy... need to sort out a feckin' keeper though!

Agreed....as far as I remember he was one of our best players ( player of the year & players´player of the year). I´m sure Pea´son knows how to bring out the best in him........probably why he followed him to Dull, same as Fryatt.

Last edited:
Hobbs would be a decent signing I reckon. A lot of experience for a man his age, captained sides in the past and still has his best years ahead of him.

Not sure he would be a first choice but as a player in the mix he's a massive upgrade on the likes of Whitbread and SSL.

Very much this. The most important thing is getting the job done - and Hobbs is a perfectly adequate signing to do that. I don't fancy relying on Miquel, SSL and Whitbread if things went tits up.

Very much this. The most important thing is getting the job done - and Hobbs is a perfectly adequate signing to do that. I don't fancy relying on Miquel, SSL and Whitbread if things went tits up.

Nothing wrong with Miquel, and if things went tits up we have the loan market to dip into right through 'til the middle of March

Better that than spunk a load of money on a player not deemed good enough for Hull

Good player at this level, but will be badly exposed for pace at the level we should be equipping the squad for. Don't see the need.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Same ability, if not better, than Was. Decent back-up as long as we can get him cheapish and as he is out of contract in the summer surely Dull will be looking at accepting lower offers.

Always liked Hobbs, a fantastic leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670