Speculation Winter '13 - Spring '14 Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hull have accepted bids for Jack Hobbs from Reading, Forest and Wigan.
No mention of us.

Personally think this is a good move.

Are you always a glass half empty guy?

We have won more than 70% of our games so far this season. We almost certainly only have to win about 50% of the remaining games to secure promotion. That is huge cause for optimism.

Whilst I admire your optimism I just don't think classifying us as a Premiership club at this point is a wise thing to do.

But am I daydreaming about seeing Suarez and Aguero next season? Of course I am!

Whilst I admire your optimism I just don't think classifying us as a Premiership club at this point is a wise thing to do.

But am I daydreaming about seeing Suarez and Aguero next season? Of course I am!

really, i'm rather hoping that they're injured if we do make it !!

Have you not had enough of them on TV? Surely you should be dreaming about us bravely fighting off relegation and losing faith in the squad, rather than seeing over-saturated prima donnas?

Sorry, I'm in a mood.

More speculation about Kasper, this time from Sports Direct News. According to sources here in Denmark, he will be staying put at least until the end of the season.

in van Persie News

As featured on NewsNow: Football news
Football News 24/7

by Kalooga
Benitez wants United swap deal26.01.2014United in shock Schmeichel battle29.01.2014

MANCHESTER UNITED FC TRANSFER NEWS

Breaking Manchester United FC transfer news, match previews, match reports and stories from Manchester United Football Club - updated daily with the latest Manchester United FC news from Old Trafford Stadium.

Following the latest Barclays Premier League football transfer news and stories about the Manchester United squad and players including: Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand and Robin van Persie.

United in shock Schmeichel battle
United in shock Schmeichel battle
Leicester City goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel (Action Images)
by Richard Flynn29th January 2014 10:15pm GMT
Manchester United
Manchester United and Crystal Palace are in a tug-of-war to secure a cut-price deal for Leicester City goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel.
The 27-year-old, a surprise target for Red Devils boss David Moyes, is out of contract at the end of the season and is believed to be assessing his options after a string of impressive displays for the Foxes.

Leicester top the Championship table and look firmly on course to earn promotion to the Premier League, so the Dane could pen a fresh deal once elevation to the top flight is confirmed.
However, Palace and United both have good cases to persuade him to swap clubs during the January transfer window.
He is the son of Old Trafford legend Peter Schmeichel, which makes a move to the club an emotional one.
However, he would face an enormous task to dethrone United regular David de Gea, who has been one of the most consistent goalkeepers in the league this term.
Palace would be able to offer him the first-team action he would crave, but there is a risk attached because the Eagles are in a relegation fight.
A bid of around £3.5million could tempt Leicester to enter into a dialogue with Schmeichel’s suitors.
Read more Manchester United transfer news.
For an up to £25 Free Bet with Winner, Click H

Have you not had enough of them on TV? Surely you should be dreaming about us bravely fighting off relegation and losing faith in the squad, rather than seeing over-saturated prima donnas?

Sorry, I'm in a mood.

Well there's that too but the last time we were in the Prem I was in my early teens so I'm still thinking of it as a wide eyed dreamy league full of football stickers.

Well there's that too but the last time we were in the Prem I was in my early teens so I'm still thinking of it as a wide eyed dreamy league full of football stickers.

Me too

Can't wait for the Paul Gallagher one

Burnley are interested in signing #hcafc striker Matty Fryatt. Wigan and Blackburn in for #lcfc's Martyn Waghorn

John Percy on Twitter.

Burnley are interested in signing #hcafc striker Matty Fryatt. Wigan and Blackburn in for #lcfc's Martyn Waghorn

John Percy on Twitter.

Wigan are busy at the moment. Paper talk reckon they´re favourites to sign Hobbs. Obviously preparing for their late surge into the play offs.

It would be a nominal fee anyway given he only has 6-months on his contract and we have little to no desire in extending it.

I think the teams interested in him show how he is undervalued by some here or gets a bit of a rough deal, but we do have better now and no real space for him in the squad.

Good luck to him and I would expect him to do well at this level in a competitive team and given playing time.

SSN reporting that AC Milan are back in for Schmeichel........

Loan for Waggy.

Wigan are poised to sign Leicester City forward Martyn Waghorn on loan. #wafc #lcfc

SSN reporting that AC Milan are back in for Schmeichel........

Luckily we've already won the league though so it wouldn't have an effect on us.

Also be surprised if he does go as we should be challenging for a CL spot next season so a bit of a sideways move.

Fulham will probs come in last minute and nick him though.

I think the teams interested in him show how he is undervalued by some here or gets a bit of a rough deal

No. It absolutely does not.

His performances ever since he was signed on a permanent contract show just how overvalued he is by a lot on here and how he is given way too much slack and too many excuses as to why he has failed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566